Does Spectrum Apple TV 4K have Electronic Programme Guide for TV channel tuner? How many devices can stream Spectrum TV at the same time? There’s no limit to the number of simultaneous streams you can view on Spectrum TV app when you’re connected to your in-home network. Find details in Spectrum Apple TV 4K review.Consumer Reviews is supported by its audience. This website contains Paid Links. As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchase. Find more
To access the Spectrum TV app on Apple TV, you must be a Spectrum TV and Spectrum Internet subscriber. Then, make sure your Apple TV is connected to your in-home WiFi. To use the Spectrum TV app, your Apple TV device must be 4th generation or above. and connected to an HDMI 2.0 cable or later. Know about more value generating features in Spectrum Apple TV 4K review.
Table of Contents
- 1 In the box
- 2 Pros & Cons – Spectrum Apple TV 4K
- 3 Spectrum Apple TV 4K Price (review)
- 4 What is Spectrum Apple TV 4K?
- 5 Compatible devices with Spectrum Apple TV 4K (review)
- 6 What is good in Spectrum Apple TV 4K?
- 7 Compare Spectrum Apple TV 4K vs Roku Ultra
- 8 How to do Spectrum TV app login?
- 9 Spectrum Apple TV 4K review
- 10 tvOS
- 11 Apple TV 4K customer review
In the box
- Polished set-top box
- Siri-powered remote
- Lightning cable to charge remote
- Power cord
Pros & Cons – Spectrum Apple TV 4K
- Faster performance
- HDMI 2.1, Wi-Fi 6, and Thread for futureproofing
- Now with improved Siri Remote
- Looks great on screen and off
- Offers voice-control capabilities
- Supports games from Apple’s App Store
- Priced at a premium far above competitors
- Can still be finicky when moving between HDR and SDR
- No spatial audio support for AirPods
- Costs more than competitors
- Requires other Apple devices to work best
Spectrum Apple TV 4K Price (review)
The new Apple TV 4K (2021) costs £169 ($179, AU$249) with 32GB of built-in storage, and £189 ($199, $279) if you want the version with 64GB. If you’re expecting to primarily stream movies and TV shows, 32GB should be plenty, but those planning to do lots of gaming should probably consider spending the extra on the 64GB model.
If you can live without 4K, the Apple TV HD 32GB is available for £139 ($149, AU$209).
When you purchase an Apple device (including Apple TV 4K), you can get a year of Apple TV+ streaming service included. But hurry: As of July 1, 2021, this freebie window will shorten to three months.
If you want to shave a few numbers off the device’s price tag, consider getting a refurbished Apple TV 4K. Both the 32 GB and 64 GB models are $30 less than if you buy them at the Apple TV’s retail price.
New and current Spectrum customers can “rent-to-own” an Apple TV 4K for $7.50 (plus tax) added to their bill for 24 months.
Optimum has a similar deal for new and current customers, offering a gradual purchase of an Apple TV 4K for $10.00 a month over 18 months of subscription payments.
- Broadcast TV Surcharge – $5. This is a fee reflecting charges assessed to Spectrum by the owners of local broadcast and local “network-affiliated” TV stations.
- FCC Regulatory Fee – $0.06
- Franchise Fee -This fee has changed each month. On the first bill, it was $0.76. On the next bill, it was $1.06.
What is Spectrum Apple TV 4K?
Apple TV is a streaming device that lets you access several apps including Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube and much more. Spectrum TV subscribers can access the Spectrum TV app via Apple TV, and browse content over 100 channels without switching from one app to another.
There are two different Apple TV models currently available. One is the Apple TV HD from 2015, featuring support for displays with up to 1080p resolutions, an A8 chip, 32GB of storage, HDMI 1.4, Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 4.0, and a price of $149. The other is the second-generation Apple TV 4K from 2021, featuring support for displays with up to 4K resolutions, an A12 Bionic chip, up to 64GB of storage, HDMI 2.1, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, and a price starting at $179. Both come with the same redesigned Siri Remote.
Compatible devices with Spectrum Apple TV 4K (review)
Apple TV 4K works with App Store apps, you can easily connect your smart home devices. For example, when your Nest doorbell rings, you can pull up the video feed on your TV to see who’s at the door. If it’s a delivery, maybe finish your episode first.
Apple TV 4K is fully integrated with all other Apple products. Setup is a breeze: Hold your iPhone next to the Apple TV 4K. After just a moment, your new streaming device will be connected to your Wi-Fi and Apple ecosystem.
For sound systems, anything Dolby Atmos–compatible will help you get the most out of Apple TV 4K’s three-dimensional sound.
When it comes to TVs, you’ll want a 4K Ultra HD– and HDR–ready TV to get the best picture. The Apple TV 4K will still work with a non-4K TV that has an HDMI plug, but since you’re paying so much for a 4K streaming device, it would be a bit of a waste.
What is good in Spectrum Apple TV 4K?
- Control streaming using your voice with Siri.
- Download entertainment, sports, fitness, and lifestyle apps from the App Store.
- Includes 4K HDR streaming capabilities.
- Watch live TV On Demand programs from the Spectrum TV app.
- Upgrade to the Spectrum Remote for enhanced experience with the Spectrum TV app.
- View photos stored to iCloud on your TV.
Compare Spectrum Apple TV 4K vs Roku Ultra
|Apple TV 4K||32 GB–64 GB||Set-top box||1080p HD, HDR, 4K Ultra HD|
|Roku Ultra||N/A (expandable by microSD)||Set-top box||1080p HD, HDR, 4K Ultra HD|
|Amazon Fire TV Cube||16 GB||Set-top box||1080p HD, HDR, 4K Ultra HD|
|NVIDIA SHIELD TV||16 GB (expandable by USB)||Set-top box||1080p HD, HDR, 4K Ultra HD|
The Apple TV 4K does still have its blind spots. Amazon’s Fire TV devices and Google’s Chromecasts are still better at hands-free voice control, while Roku still excels at surfacing free content to watch. The Nvidia Shield TV makes HD video look better, and the Pro variant is a great high-end option for running your own media center or DVR server.
How to do Spectrum TV app login?
- Connect to your Spectrum In-Home WiFi to access the Spectrum TV app on Apple TV.
- Sign in to the Spectrum TV app using your Spectrum username and password.
- Once you’re in the app, you’ll be on the Guide page.
Live TV and Guide
- Guide: Press Menu on the remote while watching Live TV to view the Guide.
- Programming Info: Swipe down once on the touchpad to view information on the show you’re currently watching as well as additional options, like subtitles, closed captioning, chapters and speaker settings.
- Recently Watched: While watching Live TV, view your Recently Watched channels by swiping up once on the flat surface area toward the top of the remote.
On Demand TV Shows and Movies
- Go to Browse from the Main Menu.
- Swipe down to browse Movies and TV Shows available On Demand.
- Select Featured, TV Shows, Movies, Kids or Networks to see additional content in each category.
- To instantly start watching On Demand programs, go to the title and press the Play/Pause button on your remote.
- Press the touchpad to select a title to see more details.
Your On Demand dashboard will feature custom recommendations based on your preferences and viewing history. The more content you watch, the more personalized your list will be.
Spectrum Apple TV 4K review
Apple TV had a sleek-looking design, but a slippery, imprecise trackpad was its downfall. at 3.5cm (1.4in) tall and 10cm (4in) square, it’s compact enough to fit into almost any space. The remote control’s Bluetooth 5.0 functionality means you don’t need to place the box within sight of your seating position.
Hardware – Chip, WiFi & Connectors
Hardware-wise though, there are some improvements. The chipset powering the box has been upgraded, from the A10X to the A12 and while this isn’t Apple’s latest chip (it was first used in the iPhone XS in 2018) it makes for the snappiest streaming box around.
Around the back of the box is an HDMI 2.1 port and gigabit ethernet which you should use if your home Wi-Fi isn’t that reliable. While it’s nice to see HDMI 2.1 here like it is on a PS5 or Xbox Series X, it isn’t really being used for much at this stage and will only be relevant to those with a compatible TV.
There’s also Wi-Fi 6 if you have the right router and support for Thread – a new smart home protocol that Apple already supports with the HomePod Mini. The Apple TV 4K can already act as a hub for your smart home tech and this will help futureproof that.
High Frame rate
The Apple TV 4K, meanwhile, tops out at 60fps HDR. Apple still considers this “high frame rate,” and it does lend a noticeable fluidity to sports, nature documentaries, and other videos that were originally shot at higher frame rates. (YouTube now supports 60fps on Apple TV 4K as well.)
However, that 60fps ceiling is a bummer for games on the platform. No one’s realistically expecting the Apple TV 4K to square off against the latest home consoles or come anywhere close, but 120Hz can still make a difference in responsiveness for titles with simpler graphics.
The tvOS software experience is identical between this Apple TV 4K and its predecessor. Navigating through menus and Siri voice searches both come with an extra dash of speed, and apps seem to load faster than before. But the differences are often marginal; the 2017 Apple TV 4K still holds up well today in terms of performance. That’s largely because tvOS is very polished at this point, and it doesn’t cheapen the viewing experience with in-your-face ads or sponsored content.
It might take a little while to get used to swiping through your options, but it can make channel surfing a dream. Here’s what Siri does on your Apple TV and how it works: the Apple TV 4K’s Siri remote features a touch surface—basically a mini mouse pad for your thumb.
Swiping for a letter can practically transport you into another dimension if you’re not paying attention.
Of course, Siri comes included in the remote (hence the name), so you can summon its help by holding down the microphone button on your remote and asking a question.
We repeat: hold down the button. If you release it, you’ll be left talking to an unfeeling, unresponsive TV. This difference from your iPhone takes time for your muscle memory to adjust.
Beyond that, the remote has all the necessary buttons like menu, TV app, start/pause, and volume. You know the drill.
The central button and the ring around are both clickable and touch-sensitive, so you’re able to swipe or click as you prefer, and you can also rotate your thumb around the edge to scroll through videos. It’s a much more satisfying and less finicky method of operation than before, although it’s still a bit too easy to accidentally swipe when you want to click.
In terms of formats, the Apple TV 4K (like its predecessor) supports HDR in the HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision formats. The only one missing is HDR10+, and that still doesn’t feel like much of a loss. Audio formats supported include MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and WAV for stereo, and surround formats up to Dolby Atmos.
Playing Blade Runner 2049 in Dolby Vision, there’s marginally more contrast on offer. The blackest blacks are just a little bit blacker, and there’s a little extra brightness and vibrancy at the other end. The combination creates an image with slightly more impact. This extra contrast helps reinforce the already crisply defined edges, making for a slightly deeper and more three-dimensional picture. But these differences are so slight that you need a top-end TV to notice them.
Apple has announced that both versions of the Apple TV 4K will get support for spatial audio via AirPods Pro and AirPods Max headphones when tvOS 15 is released later this year, so you’ll be able to get a Dolby Atmos movie experience via headphones. If it’s implemented as well as it is for iPhones and iPads, this will be a real boon for those who don’t have a Dolby Atmos home cinema system or who listen via headphones late at night.
Along with the physical Siri Remote, the Apple TV can be controlled using a Remote app that’s available in the App Store for the iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. The Remote app has a layout that’s similar to the Siri Remote, offering virtual controls for navigating the Apple TV interface, accessing Siri, and controlling volume.
Popular controllers from PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo can be paired with the Apple TV for gaming purposes, and Apple expects Apple Arcade and other games to be played with a controller rather than the Siri Remote.
The Apple TV 4K can also be paired with Bluetooth keyboards, though typing for searches and other purposes can be done with an iPhone tied to the same iCloud account as well.
Spectrum Remote for Apple TV
The latest Spectrum remote for Apple TV offers an enhanced experience with easy-to-use buttons. The Spectrum Remote is compatible only with Apple TV devices that are 4th generation and above. To order the Spectrum
Apple TV 4K apps
While the Apple TV 4K starts with only eight preloaded apps, the App Store has a virtually endless supply. Curate everything from streaming services to music and podcasts to games—your Apple TV 4K can be the ultimate entertainment box.
Spectrum TV App
The Spectrum TV app should automatically download to your Apple TV during the initial setup. If not, then follow the steps below.
- From the home screen of your Apple TV, open the App Store, go to Search and enter “Spectrum TV” in the search field.
- Select Spectrum TV and then select Get to start downloading.
- Select Open once the download is finished to start watching TV. Make sure your Apple TV is connected to your home Spectrum Internet service.
- If prompted, enter your Spectrum username and password and sign in. Need help getting your Spectrum.net username and password? Visit our Create Username page.
Note: An Apple ID is required to download from the App Store. If you do not have an Apple ID, visit Apple support to create one.
Apple TV 4K customer review
My first Apple TV
I’ve had Apple TV for about two weeks now and this is my first Apple TV and I must say so far I’m very satisfied with my purchase. The response time is terrific and in fact actually sometimes too terrific as I go past my selection because of the speed of the movement of the cursor. The only issue I have had thus far is a couple times my remote has stopped responding which caused me to have to unplug the unit and plug it back in and then everything was fine so I don’t know what the cause of that issue is. I wish there was a mute button on the remote as that would be convenient but the remote works fine although it does it does take some getting used to with rewinding and fast forwarding. I love the functionality of having all the apps open at the same time so you can scroll through and choose the one you want rather than having to close out an app and then opening up a new one like you have to do on a firestick. The interface is smooth and beautiful. All in all I am very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend an Apple TV to anyone. I give it a four out of five only because I’m very stubborn about giving out fives.
Pros: Smooth and fast interface with beautiful layout. All apps can remain open at all times.
Cons: Remote has stopped responding on a couple of occasions causing the need to reboot the unit.By Crutchfield customer from Orlando, FL
- Apple Pencil 1st Gen vs 2nd Gen difference – which is compatible with iPad Pro & iPad Air?
- Does Apple Pencil work with iPad Pro 12.9 2nd generation?
- Should I buy Apple Watch 6 or wait for 7?
- What is the Apple Watch Series 6 44mm price in USA?
- Apple Mac mini desktop Intel Core i5 2.6GHz (MGEN2LL/A ) – how to do RAM upgrade?