The Winegard RW-2035 Extreme outdoor WiFi extender is ideal for larger homes, properties, and outbuildings, offering you extended connectivity for your phones, tablets, laptops, smart TVs, security cameras, gaming devices, and more. with an expanded Wi-Fi range of up to an additional 1000 feet, The extreme Wi-Fi extender is perfect for extending your network signal to outdoor recreational areas, outbuildings, security cameras, and more. Find details in Winegard RW-2035 Extreme outdoor WiFi extender review.
In the box
- Long Range Outdoor Unit (ODU)
- (3) Outdoor 2.4ghz Antennas
- Power Adapter
- Mounting Hardware
- Printed Documentation
Pros & Cons – Winegard RW-2035 Extreme outdoor WiFi extender review
- Easy installation and set up
- Easily adjustable antennas
- Perfect for installing in the backyard or near it
- Does a great job extending the signal outdoors and slightly beyond
- Works perfectly even when you install it at a higher level inside your home
- Some would like to see 802.11 ac support
- Top speed may be lower than expected for some users
- May not be suitable for a full outdoor installation; the antenna can be allowed outdoors, but the other components must stay indoors (as instructed)
Specs – Winegard RW-2035 Extreme outdoor WiFi extender
• Dimensions: 10.3” diameter, 12.4”
tall, 3.75 lbs.
• Wireless Standard: 802.11a/b/g/n
• Frequency Band: 2.4GHz
• Amplifiers: (3) 2.4GHZ Amplifiers
• Antennas: (3) detachable high gain
• Wireless Security: WEP, WPA, WPA2,
• Ports: (1) RJ45 10/100
• Power Rating: Switching, AC Input
Winegard RW-2035 Extreme outdoor WiFi extender comparison
|ConnecT 4G1xM||ConnecT 2.0 WF2||Extreme RW-2035|
|Type of Antenna||Wi-Fi and 4G LTE Extender||Wi-Fi Extender||Wi-Fi Extender|
|Usage||Boating||RV||Outdoors Around Home|
|Installation Hardware||Integrated mounting pedestal (mounting screws not included)||Exterior and interior mounting hardware included||Exterior and interior mounting hardware included|
|Cellular Providers||Winegard ConnecT prepaid data plan||–||–|
|Wireless Security||WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA mixed||WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA mixed||WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA mixed|
Key features in Winegard RW-2035 Extreme outdoor WiFi extender review
- Increased Range – With an expanded WiFi range of up to an additional 1000 feet*, the Extreme WiFi Extender is perfect for extending your network signal to outdoor recreational areas, outbuildings, security cameras, and more.
- Streamlined Installation – Connect the Extreme WiFi Extender to the Power Inserter (PoE) using a single ethernet cable (not included). Set up your secure network once and you’re done!
- High Performance – The Extreme WiFi Extender connects wirelessly to your home network and uses three amplified omnidirectional, high-gain external antennas to broadcast to devices farther away than your network’s main router can reach.
- Guest Network – Set up an extra WiFi network that allows you to provide guests with a separate password to use when accessing your network while still maintaining a secure system.
- Proven Dome Design – Rigorously tested for outdoor environments.
Winegard RW-2035 Extreme outdoor WiFi extender review
The Winegard RW-2035 Extreme outdoor WiFi extender measures 10.3 inches in diameter and is 12.4 inches tall, weighing a mere 3 lb. This WiFi extender features a proven dome design that was rigorously tested for outdoor environments.
It is made from a thick, rigid black plastic, engineered to withstand the elements. The three detachable high gain antennas are coated in a rubber and screw into the three connection points on the ODU.
Winegard’s 2035 WiFi extender also features one RJ45 10/100 connection port and comes equipped with three 2.4 GHz Amplifiers and three detachable high gain 5dBi antennas. This WiFi device supports the most common Wireless Standards (802.11a/b/g/n) and offers 4 different types of Wireless Security (WEP, WPA, WPA2, and WPA mixed). It’s capable of providing a maximum WiFi range of 1000 ft. (304.8 m). Its Power Ratings are: Switching, AC Input 100/240v, 1.5A. Lastly, the device operates at a frequency band of 2.4 GHz.
How to setup
1) Confirm the ON button is pressed in on the PoE power supply. The LED should be on and green. Turn on the WiFi enabled device(s) that you want to connect and scan for wireless networks. It may take a few minutes for the network to appear.
2) The label located on the front of this manual lists the unique default SSID and password. Select this WiFi signal from the list of wireless networks and connect. Once the correct SSID has been selected, enter the password. It is recommended to set your device(s) to automatically connect with the Winegard® Extreme™.
3) Once connected, open an internet browser and type 10.11.12.1 into the address bar and press Enter. This will take you to the Admin Login screen. Login using: Username: admin Password: admin.
4) To connect to a WiFi network, select WiFi and then click on SCAN FOR WiFi. Figure 7. This will bring up a list of all WiFi signals in range (this should take about one minute). The Winegard Extreme will display available networks by signal strength. Select the desired network and click CONTINUE.
5) Enter the network password, if prompted. Once the Winegard Extreme connects to the internet, the INTERNET STATUS will show connected (this could take as long as two minutes). You are now ready to use the WiFi.
Winegard RW-2035 Extreme outdoor WiFi extender performance review
In the open spaces between buildings, the Winegard RW-2035 Extreme WiFi Extender gives me somewhere between 15-20mbps, 100 feet away from our house. In my house I get 125+mbps out of my WiFi router connected directly to our Xfinity modem. Once in the concrete and metal clad garage, the speeds drop down to single digits but that is still enough connectivity to stream everything I watch from Netflix to the Seahawks (GO HAWKS!!!).
Alternate of Winegard RW-2035 Extreme outdoor WiFi extender
TP-LINK CPE210 2.4GHz
This is a CPE/access point specifically built for outdoors and perfect for those who already love TP-Link technology or use it right now. It’s great for covering vast stretches of area. Since it’s built for the outdoors, it comes in a secure weatherproof box, which ensures your connection will stay strong and safe.
This antenna CPE is great for long-range connection. It comes with different “modes” to work as an AP router/repeater/AP/etc. It can also be reset remotely if the circumstances require it, which means no hiking outside to turn on and off this convenient, sleek access point.
Here’s a breakdown for you:
- Type: Access Point/CPE
- Speed: 300 Mbps
- Coverage: Up to 200 ft (60 meters) long-distance
- Weight: 1.65 lb
- Expandible: This product works as an access point with an antennae, which can be used to extend Wi-Fi and connection outside, and it is not pairable except with a Wi-Fi router or by itself.
- Weatherproof design
- Adjustable transmission power
- Long-range reach
- Multiple operation modes
- Can be reset remotely
- Great reviews
- Great price
- Operates in -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 158 degrees Fahrenheit
- Excellent company
This great product can be used to provide great connection over distances outside. It’s a great quality for the price, and many other customers agree:Pros
- Rock solid connection
- Extended Wi-Fi 200 ft to my office
- Covers long distances
- Great quality
- Fantastic price
- Excellent features; can control power output
- Amazing coverage throughout whole property
- Can pull Wi-Fi into metal building
- Excellent product-works with “cheapie” Wi-Fi
- Inexpensive solid performance
- Requires computer with ethernet port for setup