Is this good for student? Tackle any task—from basic computing to multimedia entertainment—every time you power up this beastly machine. Easily expandable and driven by an Intel Core i5 processor, it has the speed, power and storage to do more—everyday! Find everything you want to know in Acer Aspire TC-1660-UA92 desktop review.
In the box
- Power Cord
Pros & Cons
- Decent connectivity throughout
- Slick design with a small footprint.
- USB-C port.
- Optical drive, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth included
- Integrated graphics make gaming and 3D apps nonstarters.
- Mediocre support and setup options
- Underwhelming internals
Specs – Acer Aspire TC-1660-UA92 desktop
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel®
- Processor Model: i5-10400
- Processor Type: Core™ i5
- Processor Core: Hexa-core (6 Core™)
- 64-bit Processing: Yes
- Processor Speed: 2.90 GHz
- Standard Memory: 12 GB
- Maximum Memory Supported: 32 GB
- Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
- Solid State Drive Interface: PCI Express
- Total Solid State Drive Capacity: 512 GB
- Optical Drive Type: DVD-Writer
- Graphics Controller Manufacturer: Intel®
- Optical Media Supported: DVD-RAM/±R/±RW
- Graphics Controller Model: UHD Graphics 630
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Wireless LAN: Yes
- Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE 802.11ax
- Bluetooth Standard: Bluetooth 5.0
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 2
- Number of PCI Express x1 Slots: 1
- Number of PCI Express x16 Slots: 1
- HDMI: Yes
- Number of HDMI Outputs: 2
- Number of USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Ports: 2
- Number of USB 2.0 Ports: 4
- Number of USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C Ports: 1
- Number of USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A Ports: 1
- Total Number of USB Ports: 8
- Network (RJ-45): Yes
- Audio Line In: Yes
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Audio Line Out: Yes
- Upgradable Windows OS: Yes
- Operating System Architecture: 64-bit
- Maximum Power Supply Wattage: 300 W
- Height: 13.4″
- Width: 6.4″
- Depth: 13.8″
- Weight (Approximate): 16.31 lb
- Environmental Certification: RoHS
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes
Compare Acer Aspire TC-1660-UA92 desktop vs Dell OptiPlex 9020
|Acer Aspire TC-1660-UA92 Desktop||Dell OptiPlex 9020 Small Form Computer Desktop PC|
|Computer Memory Size||512 GB||32 GB|
|CPU Model||Core i5-10400||Core i7|
|CPU Model Manufacturer||Intel||Intel|
|CPU Speed||4.3 GHz||3.40 GHz|
|Hard Disk Size||512 GB||1 TB|
|Item Dimensions||13.78 x 6.42 x 13.39 inches||18 x 14 x 6 inches|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Pro|
Acer Aspire TC-1660-UA92 desktop review
The Acer Aspire measures just 13.4 by 6.4 by 13.8 (HWD), taking up very little desktop surface and able to fit in a small compartment in a desk. The front combines dark, brushed metal with a sleek power button and stylish angles. The comparable HP Envy is similarly sized at 13.3 by 6.1 by 11.9 inches, while the Lenovo IdeaCentre 510A is taller but trimmer at 14.4 by 5.7 by 11.2 inches.
Interior access is straightforward, but does require a screwdriver. Two screws on the rear of the tower hold the left-side panel in place, and removing them lets you pull the door free. A very tame internal compartment greets you, about as bare as can be.
Connectivity is quite solid, including a DVD-RW drive on the front panel alongside one USB-C port, a USB 3.2 port and headphone and mic jacks. The rear holds two more USB 3.2 ports, four USB 2.0 ports, two HDMI connections, a VGA port, and a Gigabit Ethernet jack. Wireless connectivity comes via dual-band Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2.
Acer Aspire TC-1660-UA92 desktop equipped with 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10400 6-Core Processor (4.3GHz), 12GB of memory, 512GB SSD storage. When stacked against its direct competitors, the Aspire has a leg up here with its 6-core processor, but part of the reason we like this system so much is that it’s including superior core components without much of a price increase.
The GTX 1650 graphics card means this version can play mainstream single-player games and esports titles at 1080p. It won’t run games at higher resolutions, and it won’t run the toughest games without the graphics settings reduced.
If you don’t need a graphics card, there’s a cheaper version of the Aspire with the Core i5 processor, a 1TB hard disk, and Intel’s integrated graphics. That’s an ideal option for everyday workloads, although the lack of an SSD means loading times are slower.
Acer Aspire TC-1660-UA92 desktop Performance review
This compact unit is very power efficient and with enough processing horse-power, except for the weak on-board video, which is only good for one 1920*1080 display at near 60Hz refresh rate.
Great All-Around Computer for Working from Home, Social Media, Watching Videos, and basic gaming. Not a gaming PC for hardcore gamers, but great machine for students, and working with MS Office applications & software. Graphic card is more than capable for flawless video from YouTube, and other streaming video sites.
Alternate of Acer Aspire TC-1660-UA92 desktop
Intel NUC 9 Pro
- Size (Inches): 9.4 x 8.5 x 3.8
- Weight: 4.1 pounds
- CPU: Intel Xeon E-2286M
- Storage: 1TB SSD
- Geekbench 5 Score: 7,985
REASONS TO BUY
+Powerful workstation processing and graphics
+Innovative tech inside
+Compact size with great port selection and upgradability
REASONS TO AVOID
-Seriously expensive-Vertical orientation only
The Intel NUC 9 Pro is a workstation mini PC that offers huge power and a surprising amount of upgradability. A workstation desktop isn’t an uncommon offering in the PC world, as they’re the standard for many computationally demanding uses, ranging from architecture to animation. What is unusual is to see that level of performance packed into a tiny design that’s smaller than a 5-liter SFF desktop. Advertisement
Throw in room for huge amounts of RAM, added drives and up to an 8-inch graphics card, and the Intel NUC 9 Pro is a rare beast indeed. And that’s before discussing Intel’s innovative Compute Element motherboard, which weds the modularity of the motherboard with the built-in cooling and self-contained design of a GPU to create a unique basis for a truly potent PC. Add it all up, and it’s definitely the best workstation available in mini PCs today.