Which has long battery life – First Alert CO605 vs CO606? For greater accuracy, both of these First Alert CO monitors use electrochemical sensors. Without any additional mounting, the alarm is simply plugged into any regular socket. Alarm remains functional even during power interruptions thanks to battery backup. The mute button turns off any annoying alarms.
Pros & Cons – First Alert CO605 vs CO606
- Dual Power option
- Easy to Use
- Electrochemical CO Sensor
- No wireless connectivity
- Battery backup
- Use electrochemical sensor
- Shorter battery life than CO605
First Alert CO605 vs CO606 Specs
- Brand FIRST ALERT
- Power Source Corded
- White COLOR
- Electric Style Plug in Alarm with Battery Backup
- Dimensions of the item are 3.4 x 1.38 x 5 inches.
- Weight of Item 0.26 Pounds
- 85 degrees Fahrenheit for the lower temperature rating and 105 degrees Fahrenheit for the upper temperature rating
- Alarm Combustible Oxide
- Battery Backup Yes
- Backup Battery Size 9V
- Wireless Interconnectivity No
- Battery Replaceable Yes
- Sensor Type Electrochemical
- Power Supply Plugin
- Model CO606A
- Sensor Type Electrochemical
- Power Supply Plug-In
- Product Type Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Current Type AC, DC
- Length 3.4 in, 86 mm
- Height 5 in, 127 mm
- Width 1.38 in, 35 mm
- Weight 1.1 lb, 0.5 kg
Which is better?
CO sensors come in three primary varieties: metal oxide, biomimetic, and electrochemical. The carbon monoxide alarms from First Alert are made to sound the alarm before a serious threat to life arises.
|Alarm Response Time
|1 to 4 hours
|10 to 50 minutes
|4 to 15 minutes
It is good quality, good price. CO605 is available in the market at $29 in most of the retail stores. CO606 price varies from $16 to $39 in stores.
Similarities in First Alert CO605 & CO606
Contains a cutting-edge electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor that reliably measures carbon monoxide levels regardless of the location of the detector in the space.
Build & design
First Alert CO605 plug-in Carbon Monoxide detector has a length of 3.4 inches, width of 1.38 inches and this item height is 5 inches. It is round shaped and match with your home decor.
The low battery indication is muted and quieted for up to 8 hours. This one lasts for seven years and notifies you when it needs to be replaced.
When carbon monoxide concentrations are hazardous, an alarm with a sound level of 85 decibels sounds. The alarm’s sound is really loud, so if it does go off, it will definitely awaken you if you are asleep.
So simple to use. You may use it by simply plugging it into any socket. You’ll appreciate the plug-in design’s simplicity and backup battery’s inclusion. There is no complex hard wiring. Putting this in the visitor room. You may test the alarm by pushing a button, and it is loud enough to wake those who are sleeping (they advise you to do this once a week).
- First Alert CO605 plug-in Carbon Monoxide detector with battery backup white review
- Kidde smoke and carbon monoxide detector hardwired interconnect combination smoke & co alarm review
- Onelink smoke detector HomeKit review – how to fix false alarm?
- USI electric smoke and carbon monoxide detector review
- First Alert Alexa-enabled smoke detector review – how to setup?