How useful is USI electric smoke and carbon monoxide detector? It features a quick activation pull-tab and a front-loading battery drawer for replacement without removing the alarm from the bracket. 3-in-1 alarm provides triple the protection with a single installation to protect against fires, carbon monoxide and natural gas. Get details in USI electric smoke and carbon monoxide detector review.
Specs – USI electric smoke and carbon monoxide detector
- Interconnectable with up to 24 compatible USI Electric alarms and devices
- 2-In-1 alarm protects against deadly household hazards: smoke and fire + carbon monoxide
- Patented Quick Find® alarm origination—easily locate first alarm to sound in an interconnected system
- Hardwired alarm with 10 year permanent power sealed battery backup
- 10 Year sealed backup batteries provide continuous protection—even in the event of a power outage
- Lithium-Free Permanent Power from Duracell® Duralock Power Preserve™ Technology
- Distinctive audible alarm signal to identify carbon monoxide and smoke alarm hazards
- Separate LED visual indicators to distinguish between carbon monoxide and smoke alarm signals in accordance with NFPA 72
- Eco friendly—reduces environmental waste and eliminates disposal of up to twenty 9 volt batteries
Compare USI electric smoke and carbon monoxide detector
|Sensor Type||Universal Smoke Sensing Technology||Universal Smoke Sensing Technology||Universal Smoke Sensing Technology|
|Fast Flaming Fire Detection||✓||✓||✓|
|Slow Smoldering Smoke Detection||✓||✓||✓|
|Carbon Monoxide Detection||✓|
|Natural Gas Detection||✓|
|Battery Type||9-Volt Alkaline||9-Volt Alkaline||9-Volt Alkaline|
|Warranty||7-Year Limited||10-Year Limited||10-Year Limited|
USI electric smoke and carbon monoxide detector review
These are the most solid wel-built goof proof alarms I have installed. They come vacuum packed, battery installed, and with dust covers for those still within the remodeling process. They are wired and battery backed up.
Advanced smoke recognition gives the MICN109 a faster response to smoldering fires than conventional smoke alarms. Auto sensitivity calibration provides superior nuisance alarm protection and creates consistency in alarm sensitivity. This alarm has additional automatic features including a self-diagnostics check and a sensitivity adjustment for changes in temperature or humidity. The 9-volt alkaline battery (included) continues protection in the event of a power outage.
When one alarm activates, interconnected alarms sound throughout the home, providing additional time to escape safely. It produces 85dB sounds which is loud enough to warn about the incident.
They are easy to install. They matched up perfectly with the outlets. These detectors are designed to be linked to each other so in the event that one detector goes off, they all go off. Detectors have a limited life (seven years is typical), so please ensure yours are still good. The expiration date is stamped on inside the housing. I placed a label on the outside cover so no one will be tricked in the future.
Alternate of USI electric smoke and carbon monoxide detector
First Alert SA511CN2-3ST alarm
The UL-certified First Alert SA511CN2-3ST alarm comes in a two-pack, and the units (and any additional ones) can interconnect so that if one sounds, they all sound, which can give you additional time to identify the problem and evacuate. This wireless-connection setup is internal to the alarms and does not require a phone app. You can also designate each unit by location so that if an alarm is tripped, all of them indicate which room the hazard is originating from. The First Alert SA511CN2-3ST is the only model that combines all of those features in one bundle—and at a price that’s just slightly above average for the category, it’s a good value. Also, because it has a voice alert rather than a beep or a tone, our interviewed experts told us, it’s more apt to wake a sleeping child.
- First Alert Alexa-enabled smoke detector review – how to setup?
- Alexa enabled smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector alarm review
- Alexa compatible smoke detector price & review
- First Alert BRK PRC710 smoke and carbon monoxide alarm review
- How to install a First Alert smoke and carbon monoxide alarm – mounting bracket & battery?