How Roborock comparison chart will help you? The Roborock company is famous for offering premium robot vacuum cleaners. Now, the new Roborock S5 Max, which has been presented at IFA, 2019 in Berlin, goes on sale. Compared to the previous popular models Roborock S50 and Roborock S6, the Roborock S5 Max take the cleaning performance to the new level with some advanced features, such as adjustable water output, larger water tank, AI-powered recharging, etc. Now, let’s make a detailed Roborock comparison chart about the popular Roborock vacuum cleaners and see which one you should choose.Consumer Reviews is supported by its audience. This website contains Paid Links. As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchase. Find more
Table of Contents
- 1 What are good in Roborock robot vacuum cleaners?
- 2 What are the Roborock vacuum cleaner models?
- 3 Roborock model comparison chart
- 4 Choose the right one from Roborock Robot comparison chart?
- 5 Key differences – Roborock comparison
- 6 Roborock S5 Max vs Roborock S50 vs Roborock S6 – Roborock comparison
What are good in Roborock robot vacuum cleaners?
Our Roborock comparison chart will guide you to choose the best of Roborock vacuum cleaner based on your needs.
- Most of the robots in the model line have thelongest-lasting battery. The Roborock S4, S5, and Roborock Xiaowa E3 work for the whole 150 minutes. The latest models can do cleaning for up to 180 minutes.
- Resumption. It makes the robot cover even more cleaning area in one cleaning cycle. All of them resume cleaning after recharging.
- All of them can sweep and mop at the same time.
- The Roborock S4, S5, S5 MAX, S6, and Xiaowa E3 have one of thestrongest suction powerin the industry thanks to which the cleaners pick up even the smallest particulars on carpet.
Carpet boost. Only a few models in the industry can identify carpets, and Roborock produces most of them. This feature helps to provide deeper cleaning on carpet flooring automatically and saves battery life. Other robot vacuums that support carpet boost either twice or three times expensive than the Roborock or do not have strong suction to ensure deep cleaning on thicker carpets.
Restricted area support. Not all the robot vacuum cleaners that are based on the LDS laser support virtual boundaries. Those that are equipped with a gyroscope or camera (except some latest models) don’t have this feature. The Roborock S4, S5, S5 Max, and S6 have this option.
Avoid carpets when mopping. The new model S5 Max supports no-mop zones to avoid carpets in mopping mode. The Roborock S4, S5 and S6 also can do so by setting no-go lines.
Zoned cleaning. The same as with the restricted area, this feature is a rare thing. Supported by the Roborock S4, S5, S5 Max, and Roborock S6.
Washable HEPA. It makes the filter last longer. Most of the filters can’t be washed. The Roborock robot vacuums are safe for those who suffer from an allergy or asthma.
20 mm barrier cross height. It makes the robot perfect for thicker carpets. Only a few high-end models that come with a price tag of $500+ can climb an obstacle this tall.
Mapping. Thanks to mapping the robots build an accurate map and know your floor layout. The Roborock S4, S5, S5 Max, and S6 create a high-precise map.
Tracking in real-time. You can watch the robots building a map in real-time.
Price. With the given price tag each of the Roborock models offers great high-end features and provides great performance especially on carpet. These are the robot vacuum cleaners with the strongest suction power, the best climbing ability, carpet boost, mapping, and a reasonable price.
Scheduling by room. Since the newest model divides the map into separate rooms, the Roborock S4, S5 Max, and S6 support cleaning in a particular room or two at a specific time.
What are the Roborock vacuum cleaner models?
At this moment, Roborock made 5 different models of robot vacuum cleaners (sorted by release date):
- Roborock S5
- Roborock Xiaowa
- Roborock S6
- Roborock S6 Pure
- Roborock S4
- Roborock S5 Max
In 2018, Roborock launched a new product, the Roborock Xiaowa Lite, a budget robot vacuum with strong suction and random cleaning pattern (currently is no longer available to buy). A little bit later they improved this model and called it the Roborock Xiaowa (without “Lite” ending). The Roborock Xiaowa has stronger suction, gyroscope navigation, and wet mopping function.
The Roborock Xiaowa series also can be named as Xiaowa E2, E20, or E25, which is the same model, the difference is only in color, is available in white and grey colors.
The Roborock Xiaowa E3 (or E35) is a third generation of the Xiaowa series and has strong suction of2,000 Pa.
Roborock also released the newest model – the Roborock S6 in May 2019. It is an improved version of the Roborock S5. Luckily we managed to test both: the Roborock S5 and the Roborock S6.
In September 2019, the company launched the latest model —Roborock S5 Max. It has a bigger water container, some additional features, and promises to provide an even better cleaning experience.
In September 2019, the company released a new budget model for those who do not necessarily need mopping — theRoborock S4.
The Roborock S4, S5, S5 Max, and Roborock S6/Pure useLDS(laser distance sensor or Lidar) for mapping and navigation when the Roborock Xiaowa E2 and E3 use adual-gyroscope positioningand navigation system. The LDS is more precise than the gyroscope, so the Roborock S5 and Roborock S6 have better navigation and create a more accurate map than the Roborock Xiaowa series (Roborock comparison chart).
Let’s talk about similarities and what is different between each robot vacuum of the Roborock model line ( Roborock comparison chart).
Roborock model comparison chart
Get a full details on Roborock comparison chart of 2020.
|Models||Roborock S6||Roborock S5||Roborock S5 Max||Roborock S4||Roborock E35||Roborock E25||Roborock C10|
|Colors||White, black, rose gold||White, black, rose gold||Black||White, black, rose gold||White, black||White, black||White|
|Navigation||Laser / Smart Mapping||Laser / Smart Mapping||Laser / Smart Mapping||Laser / Smart Mapping||Sensors / Smart Mapping||Sensors / Smart Mapping||Bump & continue|
|Battery||5,200 mAh||5,200 mAh||5,200 mAh||5,200 mAh||5,200 mAh||2,600 mAh||Unknown|
|Cleans||2,700 sq. ft.||2,600 sq. ft.||2,600 sq. ft.||2,700 sq. ft.||150-200 m²||120-150 m²||Unknown|
|Dust Bin||480 ml||480 ml||480 ml||480 ml||640 ml||640 ml||640 ml|
|Suction||Unknown||2,000 Pa||Unknown||Unknown||2,000 Pa||1,800 Pa||1,600 Pa|
Choose the right one from Roborock Robot comparison chart?
For those who want a robot to mop and sweep but not going to pay $400+ on flagship models, go with the Roborock Xiaowa E2, the white version will cost you $250 which is fair enough for the given features.
If your home is covering with carpets, but you still want a robot that can do mopping as well, consider getting the Roborock Xiaowa E3. It is ideal for carpet flooring, has strong suction and longer battery life. With long battery life, the Xiaowa E3 is suitable for big homes.
If you live in a big home, have carpets, need mopping, and want the machine with mapping and efficient navigation, go with the flagship Roborock S5. It is a powerful vacuum, suitable for big homes (thanks to 150 min on running), supports restricted areas and zoned cleaning. Also, it identifies carpet flooring and has a good climbing ability, which makes it ideal for carpet flooring.
For those who do not necessarily need mopping and don’t have thick carpets but still want to get a smart machine with the features high-end models have, the Roborock S4 is the great pick. It is not suitable for thick carpets but has an amazing design, long battery life, smart options and performs great on thin carpets and bare floors.
Finally, if you are okay with spending$600on a high-end model, live in a multi-level house, and want some additional features the Roborock S5 does not have, get the Roborock S6. It has selected room cleaning, which is a useful feature when you want the robot only clean in a specific room. Also, it stores three maps, while the Roborock S5 only does one. The robot is perfect for pet hair thanks to the cleaning brush that has detachable parts. The Roborock S6 is a flagship machine with a reasonable price tag.
Key differences – Roborock comparison
- Suction power. The Xiaowa E2 delivers1,800 Pa; the Xiaowa E3, Roborock S4, S5, S5 Max, and Roborock S6 –2,000 Pa.
- The Roborock S4 only sweep, other vacuums in the model linedo mopping and sweeping.
- Navigation. The Xiaowa, Roborock S6, S4, S5, and S5 Max follow a smart algorithm moving in straight Z-shaped lines.
- Battery life. The Xiaowa E2 battery lasts~100 minutes; E3, Roborock S6, and Roborock S5 –~150 minutes;theRoborock S4andS5 Max — 180 minutes.
- Mapping technology. The Xiaowa E2 and E3 are equipped with a dual-gyroscope and LED motion tracking sensors to map a house and identify areas that have already been cleaned. The Roborock S4, S5, S5 Max, and S6 use theLDSsystem to map out a house.
- With the Mi Home and Roborock app, you can createvirtual block offsto keep the robots from wandering off. It is related to the Roborock S4, S5, S5 Max, and Roborock S6. Virtual boundaries are not available for the Xiaowa E2, E3.
- Zoned cleaning. To clean a specified zone, you can draw a rectangle on the created map. The robot will stay within the specified area. This option is available for the Roborock S4, S5, S5 Max, and S6. The Roborock S6, S5 Max, and S4 also support room cleaning by choosing the room you need on a created map.
- All the machines use awashable HEPA filterthat lasts longer than non-washable HEPA. The HEPA filter catches up to 99.9% of allergens and dust.
- All the robots from the linerecognize carpeted flooringand boost suction power to ensure deep cleaning.
- Climbing ability. The Xiaowa, Roborock S5, S5 Max, and Roborock S6 have larger wheels and can climb an obstacle up to20 mm (0.8 in)tall which makes them suitable for thicker carpets. The Roborock S4 can cross a 15 mm (0.6 in) obstacle.
Roborock comparison chart –Roborock Xiaowa PlusvsRoborock S5
|Main Features||Roborock Xiaowa Plus (E3)||Roborock S5|
|Mapping / Path planning||yes||yes|
|Mapping Sensor Type||gyroscope||LDS|
|Recharge & Resume||yes||yes|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges||yes||yes|
|Noise Level||60 db||68 db|
|Side Brushes (one or two)||1 pcs||1 pcs|
|Suction Power||2000 Pa||2000 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||2153 ft2/ 200 m2||2691 ft2/ 250 m2|
|Recommended Home Size||small, medium||medium, big|
|Cleaning Modes||silent, standard, strong, max||quiet, balanced, turbo, max, zoned cleanup, carpet boost and three mopping modes|
|Dustbin Capacity||640 ml||480 ml|
|Automatic Dirt Disposal||no||no|
|Water Tank Capacity||150 ml||140 ml|
|Barrier-cross Height||0.79 in / 20 mm||0.79 in / 20 mm|
|Сarpet Floor Types||low-pile, medium-pile||low-pile, medium-pile|
|Bare Floor Types||ceramic tile, marble tile, vynil, laminate, linoleum, wood||hardwood, tile, laminate, vynil, marble tile, ceramic|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||5200 mAh|
|Run time||150 min||150 min|
|Charging Time||240 min||240 min|
|Rated Power (Watts)||58 W||58 W|
|IR Remote Control||no||no|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App||yes||yes|
|Wi-Fi Frequency Bands||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz|
|Magnetic/Optical Virtual Walls||yes||yes|
|Digital Blocked Area||no||yes|
|Manual movement control||yes||yes|
|Selected Room Cleaning||no||no|
|Anti-drop / Cliff Sensor||yes||yes|
|Full Bin Indicator||no||no|
|Robot Weight||6.61 lbs / 3 kg||7.72 lbs / 3.5 kg|
|Robot Width||13.78 in / 35 cm||13.78 in / 35 cm|
|Robot Height||3.54 in / 9 cm||3.78 in / 9.6 cm|
|In the box||charging dock, power cable, cleaning brush.||adapter, charging dock, water tank, mopping pad, English user manual|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
Roborock S5 Max vs Roborock S50 vs Roborock S6 – Roborock comparison
|Roborock S5 Max||Roborock S50||Roborock S6|
|Navigation||LDS + SLAM||LDS + SLAM||LDS + SLAM|
|Working noise||60dB||65-67 dB||58dB|
|Selective room cleaning||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Runtime||180 minutes||150 minutes||150 minutes|
|Sweeping and mopping||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Recharge and resume||Yes (AI-powered)||Yes||Yes|
|Dust box capacity||460ml||480ml||480ml|
|Water tank capacity||290ml||140ml||140ml|
|Adjustable water supply||Yes (in the app)||No||Yes (in the water tank)|
|Removable main brush||Yes||No (non-removable)||Yes|
|Amazon Alexa/ Google home control||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|APP control||Roborock app||Mi Home app||Mi Home app|
|Number of sensors||14||13||14|
|Height||9.65 cm||9.65 cm||9.65 cm|