Totu USB-C 4K triple display docking station is high end docking station.It is 16 in 1 solution. The TOTU Docking Station with two of USB 3.1(USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C)’s most exciting new features: support for Alternate Modes and Power Delivery. Alternate Modes allow certain non-USB data and protocols (such as host video) to be sent over a USB-C cable, while Power Delivery enables you to power the supported system without the need for a traditional proprietary OEM charger. All the connections you need in a sleek compact dock Docking and undocking is a breeze – instant switching freely. Find more in Totu USB-C 4K triple display docking station review.
Totu USB-C 4K triple display docking station features
- Two HDMI and a DP port for connecting three external monitors and support for resolutions up to 4K 30Hz.For better user experience, Please use HDMI2.0 or above.
- An RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet network port (also supports 10/100/1000 Ethernet)
- External headphone output jack and a microphone line-in.
- Three USB 3.0 ports for accessories (such as an external hard drive etc)
- Two USB 2.0 ports (great for legacy devices such as keyboards, mouse and printers)
- 60W DC adapter (20V, 3A) which powers both docking station and the connected host.
- One USB-C port to connect the host system with the equipped USB-C to USB-C cable.
- One USB-C 3.0 port on the docking station for USB-C peripheral connectivity and power delivery, does not support the Alt mode video.
- SD and Micro TF card slot can be used on the hub simultaneously.
Totu USB-C 4K triple display docking station video review
Totu USB-C 4K triple display docking station full review
Plug-and-play design enables you to have everything plugged in and docked with one plug. Simply plug in the TOTU docking station connect cable to charge your device and access external monitors, keyboard, mouse, and more. Instantly transforms your laptop/tablet into a desktop PC and saves wire clutter on your desk. TOTU Dock was built to boost your productivity.
Universal Docking Solution
TOTU 16 in 1 docking station features dual 4k HDMI, DP, Ethernet, 3. 5mm Audio, Mic, 3 high-speed USB 3. 0, 2 USB 2. 0, USB-C 3. 0 for Type C device expanding and charging, SD&TF Card Reader, 65W DC Power input for the docking station, USB-C port with power delivery to host with the equipped USB-C to USB-C cable. All the connections you need in a sleek, compact dock. Docking and undocking is a breeze – instant switching freely.
Ultra HD 4K Triple Displays
With three high-definition video output ports. Supports resolutions up to 3840*2160/30Hz with a single HDMI/DP display or 1080P if two HDMI/DP displays are attached. The TOTU docking station is a convenient way to expand the capabilities of your laptop and customize your desktop computing environment. TOTU dock enhanced productivity and entertainment options with high-speed connectivity and support for Ultra HD 4K displays.
Subscribe to our buying guide - critics reviews & comparison!
TOTU Triple Display Docking Station, 60W(20V, 3A)DC Power Adapter(power delivery enables you to power and charge a supported system without the need for a traditional proprietary OEM charger) , USB-C to USB-C cable, user manual. TOTU offers 100% money back for quality problem within 30 days, and a 12-month.
Please make sure that your laptop Type C port support Thunderbolt3. 0. All external displays show same content but macOS laptop has different content in EXTEND MODE . All external displays including macOS laptop show same content in Mirror Mode. The TOTU dock is driver-freepatible with the latest laptops and smart devices with USB C thunderbolt3. 0 port, TOTU docking station is incompatible with the USB-A to USB-C Adapter.
USB-C compatibility information is more complicated due to its versatility.Thunderbolt 3 USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C generally support Alt Mode output functionality, but support for Power Delivery/charging on these ports is system-specific.
Specific compatibility list will be updated online as we test more systems internally, and we welcome compatibility reports from all the users as well.When attached to a fully compatible USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 system, the TOTU Docking Station supports Windows, macOS, ChromeOS.
Supported Display Modes and Resolution
Only Windows system support the Multi Stream Transport,There will be only 3 screen output because of the chip bandwidth limit including the host display.
Mirror Mode Supported Resolution: Each display Maximum resolution is 3840×[email protected] 2560×1600, 1920×1080 (1080P) and lower resolutions will display at 60Hz.
Extend Mode:(HDMI+HDMI+HOST)/(HDMI+DP+HOST)/(HDMI+HDMI+DP+HOST blank)
Extend Mode Supported Resolution: Each display will be limited to a maximum resolution of 1080P. And one of the displays cannot be displayed full screen.
- macOS currently only support Mirror Display. All the external display will only mirror instead of extend
- When using three video output ports simultaneously, connecting or disconnecting any one of the video output will disconnect the remaining two video connections and reconnect for 5 seconds.
- Mirror Mode Supported Resolutions:
- Maximum resolution is 3840×[email protected] 2560×1600, 1920×1080 (1080P) and lower resolutions will display at 60Hz.
Compatible Systems (Alt Mode, PD): Some of the systems which currently support Alt Mode, PD : Dell XPS 13″ 9350/9360/9370, Dell XPS 15 9550/9560, Dell Precision 5510/5520, HP Spectre x360 13″ (“Kaby Lake” version w/ Thunderbolt 3), Lenovo Yoga 720 13″ & Yoga 920, Microsoft Surface Book 2.
Compatible Devices(Not a full list) :
- MacBook(2015/2016/ 2017/2018/2019) MacBook Pro( 2016 / 2017/2018/2019) iMac/iMac Pro(21. 5 in & 27 in)
- HP Elitebook 840 G5 HP Zbook,Dell 8930
- Partially Compatible Devices (Supporting Alt Mode or PD, but not all):
Many current USB-C systems which do support Alt Mode video output do not support charging via USB-C. Systems such as this will output video from the dock, but will still need their proprietary OEM chargers.
Nexus 6P NOT Charging
- Samsung TabPro S NOT Charging
- Asus ZenBook3/Transformer3 Pro NOT Charging
- Dell XPS 13/15 9365/9560 and Precision 5510/7510 NOT Charging
- Huawei Matebook 2016 NOT Charging
- HP Envy/Spectre NOT Charging NOT Alt Mode
- Note: All laptop types listed herein are typical types only.
- The TOTU Docking Station relies on new functionality of the USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C and as such is incompatible with USB 3.0/2.0 Type-A systems.
- Most smartphones and tablets with USB-C ports do not support Alternate Mode video output, and some do not support USB Power Delivery. Please consult your device documentation or contact device manufacturer to confirm compatibility with these technologies.
- · macOS 10. 13. 6. The DP port will not be displayed when it is connected to the macOS 10. 13. 6 separately. please update to the latest system as needed. If DP and HDMI are used simultaneously, the macOS 10. 13. 6 is supported.
- · The Lenovo Yoga 900 and 910 are not compatible (the 910 can support video, or charging, but not both)
- · Most Android phones and tablets currently do not support Alt Mode video output
- · USB-A to USB-C Adapter do not support
Incompatible Device(Not a full list) :
- iPad Pro Surface go Surface Pro 7
- HP Pavilion Nintendo Switch Asus K570ZD-ES55
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- ROG Zephyrus S GX701
- MSI P65 Creator 8RE-020
Best alternate – Totu USB-C 4K triple display docking station
Vava VA-UC006 USB-C Hub – The best USB-C hub
A portable hub with every port you’re likely to need: two USB 3.0, one USB 2.0, HDMI, Ethernet, USB-C power passthrough, and both SD and microSD card readers.
With three USB-A ports plus HDMI (with 4K support), Ethernet, SD, microSD, and power passthrough, the Vava VA-UC006 offers the connectors most people need most of the time. It’s powerful enough to leave at your desk full-time as a docking station but small enough to slip in your laptop bag and use on the go. The only downside is that the Ethernet port hinges open, a design that saves space but is more likely to break than a standard Ethernet port.
Aukey USB C to 4-Port USB 3.1 Gen 1 Hub (CB-C64) – Just USB-A ports in a tiny package
This model offers four USB-A ports in a compact design, at an affordable price. If you just need more USB 3.0 ports for flash drives, keyboards, mice, and other low-power accessories, Aukey’s USB C to 4-Port USB 3.1 Gen 1 Hub (CB-C64) is the best option we tested, and the least expensive. It’s a straightforward plastic adapter with four full-speed USB 3.0 ports. But its lack of passthrough power makes it a poor choice if your computer has only one or two USB-C ports, as the MacBook does.
HooToo USB-C Hub HT-UC001 – No Ethernet or microSD
A little longer than our main pick but about two-thirds the price, this hub has three USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, an SD card slot, and USB-C power passthrough, but no Ethernet port or microSD card reader.
HooToo’s USB-C Hub HT-UC001 offers similar performance to the Vava for about two-thirds the price, but it lacks a microSD card reader and an Ethernet port. We think the Vava’s more versatile port selection and slightly smaller size are worth paying for, but the HooToo is a good option if you need something less expensive.
Cable Matters USB Type-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter – The best USB-C–to–Ethernet adapter
Every Ethernet adapter we’ve tested works just as well, but this one is the least expensive option, and it’s from a reputable company. If you need only an Ethernet connection, we like the Cable Matters USB Type-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. It delivers full Gigabit speed, it comes from a reputable company, and it’s inexpensive. It did get warm when we used it, which is to be expected with USB-C Ethernet adapters, but it reached the same temperature as a more expensive model we tested.
Dell D6000 Universal Dock – Dedicated power for docking at your desk
A more expensive option for a permanent setup at your desk, this model offers more ports and charging without the need for an extra power adapter. Docks are larger and usually equipped with more ports than hubs, and they can provide power on their own, making them a better fit if you’re looking for something to set on your desk permanently.
Among the five USB-C docks we tested, Dell’s D6000 Universal Dock is the best, with four USB-A ports, a USB-C port, HDMI and two DisplayPort video ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and a 3.5 mm audio connector. It worked equally well with a PC and a Mac in our testing. It also delivers 65 watts—the most charging power of any dock we measured—and it’s the least expensive dock option (though it’s still more than twice as expensive as the Vava hub).
Our picks’ ports compared
|Name||USB ports||Video ports||Card reader||Ethernet||Audio||Charging|
|Vava VA-UC006||USB-A (three), USB-C (one, charge only)||HDMI (one)||SD, microSD||Gigabit||–||Yes (requires laptop’s charger)|
|HooToo HT-UC001||USB-A (three)||HDMI (one)||SD||–||–||Yes (requires laptop’s charger)|
|Aukey CB-C64||USB-A (four)||–||–||–||–||–|
|Dell D6000||USB-A (four), USB-C (one)||HDMI (one), DisplayPort (two)||–||Gigabit||3.5 mm in/out (one), 3.5 mm out (one)||Yes (charger included)|
|Cable Matters USB Type-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter||–||–||–||Gigabit||–||–|