Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 HEPA air purifier cleans 900 SqFt in every 30 minutes at a whisper-quiet level. A compact workhorse fits in any space from bedrooms, living rooms, gyms, offices, nurseries, kitchens, basements, and open concept areas. Advanced WhisperMax technology creates a soothing environment while producing a pink noise that promotes better deeper sleep. 4 fan speed settings for optimized air purification. Discover more in Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 HEPA air purifier review.
In the box
Here’s What You Get When You Buy This Air Purifier:
- HEPA Pure filter
- HEPA Silver filter
- HEPA Fresh Plus filter
- HEPA Odorcell
- Lights Out option
Pros & Cons – Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 HEPA air purifier
- The primary filter is H13 grade True HEPA filter
- Freedom to choose the filter as needed
- Enables you to customize the front panel
- Generates pink noise to improve your sleep quality
- Has an air quality sensor with a real-time colored indicator
- Optional Ionizer, child lock button
- Sleek, modern design, incredibly quiet
- Lifetime warranty
- No remote control, not Wi-Fi enabled
- Slightly expensive
Specifications – Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 HEPA air purifier
- Filtration: Four filter options: HEPA-Pure, HEPA Silver Carbon, HEPA FreshPlus, and HEPA OdorCell.
- HEPA class: H13 HEPA
- Filter life: 9 – 12 months
- Filter Replacement Indicator: Yes
- Maximum CADR: 231 cubic feet per minute (cfm)
- Room Coverage: 345 square feet with 5 air exchange per hour (ACH)
- Sensors: Dust sensor
- Number of manual fan speed: 4
- Automatic mode: Yes
- Size: 22.25″H x 16.75″W x 10″D
- Device weight: 16 lbs
- Noise level: 32 – 49 dB(A)
- Rated Power: 60 Watt
- Voltage: 120 V AC 60 Hz
Price and availability
The Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 is not a cheap device. This will likely come as no surprise, as the Alen BreatheSmart FIT50’s price initially is $549. The Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 is a genuine high-end air purifier. It boasts a market-leading room coverage, the latest Smart Sensor under the hood and a backup lifetime warranty service.
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 replacement filter cost
Changing your HEPA-Pure filter on schedule every 12 months averages out to $6.58/month.
Subscribe to our buying guide - critics reviews & comparison!
Filter Replacement Cost
|HEPA-Pure Filter||$79||every 12 months|
|HEPA-Silver Filter||$89||every 12 months|
|HEPA-FreshPlus Filter||$119||every 12 months|
|HEPA-OdorCell Filter||$129||every 12 months|
Running the BreatheSmart FIT50 on high speed, 24 hours a day will result in a power cost of $6.48/month.
Power Consumption Cost
|Unit Power on High:||60 watts|
|Cost of Electricity from Utility:||15 cents/kWh|
|Your Daily Power Cost on High:||21.6 cents per day|
|Your Monthly Power Cost on High:||$6.48/month on high|
Compare Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 HEPA air purifier vs BreatheSmart 75i
|Alen Air Purifier:||BreatheSmart 75i||BreatheSmart 45i||BreatheSmart FIT50|
|Max. Coverage Area:||1,300 square feet||800 square feet||900 square feet|
|Max. Airflow:||347 CFM||215 CFM||231 CFM|
|Power Output:||1.8 – 45 Watts||1.1 – 50 Watts||1.2 – 60 Watts|
|Filters:||75i True HEPA (H13)||45i True HEPA (H13)||True HEPA Pure (H13)|
|Filter Lifespan:Filter Price:||12 Months$$$$||12 Months$$$$||12 Months$$$$|
|Noise Levels:||25-49 dB||23-49 dB||32-49 dB|
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 HEPA air purifier review
This air purifier has a modern, stylish design that fits with any decor in your home. It measures 10 by 16.75 by 22.25 inches and weighs 16 pounds. As such, it takes little space in your home or office. You can place it anywhere in your home or office.
It has 3 lights: green, yellow and red. It will be green regularly. The yellow light will appear quickly before your filter should be replaced. Start to find a new filter because when it turns red, you will have to change the filter immediately.
White in color, it harmonizes your style. What you need to know is that you can enhance your personal style with custom designer panels. These panels come in seven colors: White, Brushed Stainless, Graphite, Weathered Gray, Rosewood, Oak, and Espresso.
The Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 once again recovers the ionizer function, to improve its performance with the 3-stage air cleaning system, with the core is one of the 4 HEPA air filter types below.
- HEPA-Pure – The standard HEPA filter of Alen BreatheSmart FIT50, which is able to capture 99% of as small as 0.3 microns pollutant particles such as dust, dust mites and pollen.
- HEPA-Fresh – The next level HEPA filter will improve the first HEPA-Pure, with an addition of Activated Carbon filter, to deal with the household odors like cooking smells and light smoke. This air filter is necessary for people who are sensitive to VOCs.
- HEPA-Silver – For a little bit more money, you can upgrade to the HEPA-Silver filter with anti-microbial Silver-Ion threads that prevents the growth of mold spores and bacteria.
- HEPA-OdorCell – The ultimate level HEPA filter of Alen BreatheSmart FIT50, with the unique Alen’s Molecular Conversion Powder, that can destroy the odors on a molecular level.
At the lowest fan speed, it generates a noise level of 32 dB. This is similar to devices such as a refrigerator. The noise is also identical to the library or a quiet street at night.
The frequency of the pink noise improves your sleep by 25%. For a perfect sleeping environment, you can dim the display lighting with one touch.
- Speed 1 – 32.4 dB (whisper)
- Speed 2 – 38.5 dB (light rainfall)
- Speed 3 – 44.5 dB (heavy rainfall)
- Speed 4 – 48.7 dB (box fan, medium)
At the highest fan speed, the purifier generates 49dB. The noise level is still on the lower side compared to other models. At 49dB, you can carry out a normal conversation without shouting.
Alen Fit50 is a mid-sized air purifier. You can put in a 900 sq ft space and it will filter out air pollutants every 300 minutes (based on the CFM calculation). That means it will achieve 2 air changes per hour in 900 sq ft rooms.
To produce an even better indoor air quality, you should shot closer to 5 air changes per hour (5 ACH). That means that Alen BreatheSmart Fit50 should clean all the air in the room every 12 minutes.
*The room size calculation is based on an ideal situation. For best practice, consider the size of the room a little less than the calculated value.
|Condition||Required minimum Air Changes per Hour (ACH)||Suitable Room Size (8 ft ceiling)||The time it takes to clean the air in the room|
|Normal||2||865 sq ft||30 min|
|Allergies and/or asthma||5||345 sq ft||12 min|
|Smoke or highly contamination||8||215 sq ft||8 min|
The CADR rating is the measure of air purifier efficiency at removing airborne pollutants. Basically, it’s the most important metric based on which we can differentiate between air purifiers based on performance.
Alen BreatheSmart Fit50’s CADR rating is 220. CADR is a 0-450 scale; Fit50 is somewhere in the middle. Not the best, not the worst, just right for standard-sized rooms. Of course, it can’t compare to the Alen BreatheSmart 75i’s 400 CADR rating.
Another important aspect is how much airflow must Alen BreatheSmart Fit50 generate to achieve the 220 CADR rating. In this case, Fit50 generates 231 CFM at Turbo Speed. That’s usually isn’t optimal; when CFM is higher than CADR, that means a lot of airflow, and a lot of airflow equates to higher noise levels.
How Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 HEPA air purifier works?
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 has a 3-stage HEPA-style filter system and is customizable.
The first is a washable pre-filter. Air passes through it first, and the largest particles such as dust, lint, and hair are captured there. It also helps to extend the main filter life.
Then comes the HEPA-pure filter. It removes 99% of particles greater than 0.3 microns from the air, such as pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other airborne pollutants. For more specific filtration, you can upgrade the HEPA filter. Paying an extra $15, you can get HEPA-silver, which is great for germs and bacteria. Paying $20, you can get a HEPA-FreshPlus filter, which is perfect for chemicals and VOCs. But for paying an extra $30, you will get HEPA-OdorCell, this will handle smoke and heavy odors.
Ozone-Safe Ionizer. This comes as the last step. It delivers negative ions into the air. That helps the air purifier capturing particles more efficiently while purifying your indoors.
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 HEPA air purifier customer review
Love Our New Purifier from Alen!!
!We recently purchased your purifier to contain dust, mold, and other air problems so persistent in the Houston area!! We noticed a difference almost immediately and look forward to adding another one just like it to accommodate our apartment needs!! We are bragging about it to everyone we cone in contact with!! We are so grateful to you for this iRead more about review stating Love Our New Purifier from Alen!!By Billie B. at Alen
- Molekule air purifier vs Dyson air purifier – are they effective in COVID?
- Molekule Air Purifier reviews – does it work in COVID?
- Ideal-Air commercial grade humidifier – 75 pints review – setup & how to use?
- Alen BreatheSmart Flex vs 45i – WiFi, red light, filter & comparison
- Medify Air MA-40-W V2.0 air purifier with H13 HEPA filter reviews