How worth is buying Amcrest NVR 32 Channel? It has advanced H.265 compression technology that lets you save on storage space which allows for longer recording times. H.265 technology compresses your video without sacrificing any of the UltraHD video quality. Intelligent search, playback, and backup functions provide enhanced ease of use and security (for example, motion detection event and exact search functions that are accurate to one second). Get details in Amcrest NVR 32 Channel review.
Pros & Cons – Amcrest NVR 32 Channel
- Affordable Cameras
- Full HD Image Resolution
- Smartphone and Email Alerts
- Wireless and Wired Cameras
- NVR and DVR Storage Hubs
- Pan-Tilt Options in Some Cameras
- Infrared Night Vision
- Easy Installation for Wi-Fi Cameras
- Option to Self-Monitor or Buy Cloud Storage
- Many Models Come in Both Black and White
- Expensive Cloud Storage Plans
- Multiple Apps for Different Cameras
- Limited Third-Party Compatibility
- Complex Setup Process for Some Models
- Annoying Chat Feature on Website
- No Two-way Talk on Some Models
Amcrest NVR 32 Channel review
Amcrest 32-Channel NVR 16-Port PoE
Supports up to 2 x 10TB (Hard drive Not Included) and utilizes motion detection and scheduled recordings to record for a lot longer than continuous recording would allow. You can record up to 32CH 8MP Recording @ 30 and 4CH Playback @ 4K, 32CH 8MP Recording @30fps and 2CH Playback @ 30fps, 32CH 5MP Recording @30fps and 3CH Playback @30fps, 32CH 4MP Recording @30fps and 4CH Playback @30fps, 32CH 3MP Recording @30fps and 4CH Playback @30fps, and 32CH 2MP Recording @30fps and 8CH Playback @30fps onto on any hard drive size. Connect up to 32 cameras at once that you can control at the same time through the NVRs on-screen display!
USB for Data Transfers and HDMI or VGA Output
20 full Terabytes of storage space not enough? You don’t have to delete old recordings to make room. Now you can pop in a USB drive or cable and backup your most important videos to an external storage device! And you can choose between standard and high definition output to any monitor or TV of your choice. Imagine showing off your cameras on the big screen!
Video Storage Options
Luckily, you don’t have to buy one of the below cloud subscription plans to use Amcrest cameras. Both of our cams came with the option to use a micro SD card for local storage. But we also could have purchased our own NVR or DVR to store video. It’s all about choices with Amcrest, and we’re fine with that!
We covered Amcrest’s options for video storage a bit earlier in this review, but what stood out to us as we perused the company’s cloud storage plans was how pricey they were. Whereas most brands charge between $3 and $5 per month for standard cloud recording plans, Amcrest is still charging $6 per month to store seven days of video history. And keep in mind, that price is per camera.
Here’s a breakdown of Amcrest’s cloud recording plans, keeping in mind that the company is currently offering a one-year free trial of basic cloud storage. We don’t know how long that offer will stand, but we were glad to take advantage of it this time!
Cloud Recording Plans Overview
|Plans||Motion Recording||Continuous Recording|
|7-Day Video History||$6 per camera||$9 per camera|
|14-Day Video History||$10 per camera||$15 per camera|
|30-Day Video History||$15 per camera||$20 per camera|
|60-Day Video History||$23 per camera||$27.50 per camera|
|90-Day Video History||$27.50 per camera||$35 per camera|
Other feature – Amcrest NVR 32 Channel
Weatherproof: The outdoor cameras are sturdy, and can stand up to some rough weather. Our Security Nerd’s outdoor model lasted through a hurricane with no problems.
HD video: Amcrest offers anywhere from 1080p to Ultra 4k resolution, making sure you won’t be dealing with any grainy video.
Pan/tilt/zoom: Amcrest camera models make it easy to pan, tilt and zoom within the app, so you won’t have trouble seeing what’s going on in your house or in your yard.
Night vision: Amcrest camera options provide customers with some amazing night vision features that beat many competitors. Many of the cameras have 100 ft. night vision, while a few of the outdoor models have over 300 ft. night vision capabilities.
Motion detection: Amcrest models allow customers to get push notifications when the camera detects motion. It can also record that motion event and store it in the app, SD card or cloud service
Two-way talk: Depending on the Amcrest camera model, you can have two-way talk to be able to communicate with whoever is on the other side of the camera. Many of the cameras have a built-in microphone, at the very least allowing you to speak to the person on the other side.
.Smart alerts: You can get alerts within the Amcrest View Pro app and sent to your phone based on your preferences.
Local storage: Amcrest camera options provide customers with the option to use an SD card in the camera to store video. Our Security Nerd chose that option because it keeps enough video without having to pay an extra fee.
Activity zones: Certain Amcrest camera models allow you to create customized activity zones, which means you can tell the camera where you want motion alerts, and where you don’t. So if there’s a lot of activity on a road in front of your home and you don’t like constant alerts, you can program your camera to ignore it.
Amcrest App: This might be one of the most customizable apps on the market, with a ton of different options to create a unique experience for the user. Our Security Nerd has not experienced any lagging with the Amcrest app, but every now and then it might take a few tries to connect, depending on cell service.
24/7 live streaming and motion recording: The camera feed is always live within the Amcrest View Pro app, and it also records any motion it detects. You can just toggle between camera feeds and choose the area where motion was recorded and view it within the timeline on the Amcrest app.
Video sharing: The Amcrest View Pro app makes it pretty simple to share video clips. Whether it’s something cute your pet did, or video you need to share with the neighborhood, it’s easy to get the video sent from the app.
Alexa compatible: Only the IP cameras are compatible with Alexa. They are not currently compatible with any other smart home systems that aren’t made by Amcrest.
Facial recognition: It’s important to note only one of the Amcrest cameras has the facial recognition feature, and that is the baby monitor with facial recognition. Otherwise, the cameras cannot tell the difference between a person and an object.
Amcrest NVR 32 Channel Installation
Just as Amcrest offers a wide variety of home security cameras, the installation process can vary widely as well. An Amcrest wifi camera is about as simple as it gets, requiring a very minimal amount of effort and DIY know-how. It’s as simple as connecting your new camera to the Amcrest app, scanning a QR code and connecting to your home wifi. Amcrest camera options come with instructions, but if you have additional questions, there are a number of ways to troubleshoot on the Amcrest site. In addition, there is some amazing customer service, including 24/7 chat.
Amcrest definitely has plenty of cameras that either require someone very comfortable with DIY projects, or perhaps even finding a professional to help install.
What is the best Amcrest NVR 32 Channel?
Amcrest 5-Series 4K NVR 32-Channel NV5232E-16P-6TB
- Records 32-Channels @ 1080p/3MP/4MP/5MP/6MP/8MP
- View up to 4CH @ 4K @ 30fps simultaneously and the NVR will dial the remaining channels to 1080P @ 30fps.
- Includes 16 PoE Ports for Power Over Ethernet Cameras.
- Extraordinary Quality: Supports 32-Channel 1080p/3MP/4MP/5MP/6MP/4K/12MP Resolution.
- Advanced H.265 compression technology lets you save on storage space which allows for longer recording times. H.265 technology compresses your video without sacrificing any of the UltraHD video quality.
- Record in Widescreen, Quick Access QR Code Remote Viewing on iPhone, iPad, and Android (w/ included Amcrest View app).
- Blazing throughput of 320Mbps enables you to watch things happen as they happen: real-time, highly reliable HD video without loss or delay.
- Remotely Access Using Standard Windows and Mac Browsers.
- Easy to Install: Connect to and Manage All Cameras on Your Network.
- Multiple Trigger/Alarm Events: Recording, PTZ, Tour, Video Push, Email, FTP, and Buzzer.
- Feature-Rich OSD: Camera Name, Time, Motion Detection, Video Loss, Lock, and Record Status Icons.
- Custom Record Modes (e.g. Manual, Scheduled, Motion Detection) and Record Intervals (1-120min).Features a USB 3.0 port in the back and a USB 2.0 port in the front of the NVR.
- Pre-Installed 6TB Seagate Skyhawk Hard Drive (Supports up to 2 x 10TB Hard Drives).Operating Conditions: +14°F ~ +131°F (-10°C ~ +55°C).
Amcrest NV4432-HS 32 Channel Network Video Recorder
The cameras connect directly to the NVR providing a painless, non-complex plug-and-play setup process and can be installed up to 300ft away. In addition, the HD NVR is smartphone compatible (iPhone, Android) as well as viewable over the internet using standard web-browsers. Amcrest HD NVR technology transmits up to 8-Megapixel quality video over Ethernet, allowing for long-distance and cost-effective HD video transmission. The signal is transmitted at a maximum throughput of 80Mbps which eliminates latency and allows for real-time, highly reliable video security without loss or delay.
- Easy to Install: Connect to and Manage All Cameras on Your Network via Ethernet Cables
- Extraordinary Quality: Supports 32-Channel @ 8MP Resolution
- Multiple Trigger/Alarm Events: Recording, PTZ, Tour, Video Push, Email, FTP, and Buzzer
- Record in Widescreen, Quick Access QR Code Remote Viewing on iPhone, iPad, and Android (w/ included Amcrest View app)
- Remotely Access Using Standard Windows and Mac Browsers
- Feature-Rich OSD: Camera Name, Time, Motion Detection, Video Loss, Lock, and Record Status Icons
- Custom Record Modes (e.g. Manual, Scheduled, Motion Detection) and Record Intervals (1-120min)
- USB Backup Feature for Peace of Mind