Beelink U57 is game changer mini PC for DIY PC builder. The SSD makes it boot super fast and it’s powerful enough for VOIP calls and YouTube while multitasking with multiple programs open at once. Install Kodi and this would make an excellent media server with the 2 HDMI ports expandable storage USB 2 and 3 ports and built in WiFi and Bluetooth. Can you do Beelink U57 RAM upgrade?
Pros & Cons – Beelink U57
- Compact size iwth vesa mount behind a monitor
- Windows 10 Pro preinstalled
- 8GB of memory, Intel Core i5, and 256GB SSD.
- 2 HDMI out ports for dual monitor options
- USB 3 and USB 2 ports in addition to the latest USB-C port!
- Has Ethernet port
- Option to easily add hard drive to expand the storage
- It has a built-in fan that turns on automatically
- Option to add additional memory would have been nice but 8 GB is more than enough for most of Windows 10 users
Beelink U57 Specs
- Processor: Intel core i5-5257U (2.70 GHz-3.10 GHz)
- OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits pre-installed
- RAM: 8GB DDR3L
- Disk: 256GB SSD(Supports extended)
- Processor Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100
- Thermal Design Power (TDP): 28W
- Ethernet: 1000Mbps LAN
- WiFi: IEEE 802.11/b/g/n/ac, 2.4+5.8G Antenna: Built-in antenna for WiFi
- Bluetooth: 4.2
- Expand Memory: SD card: Micro SD Card 128GB SSD:M.2(NGFF) 2280 or 2242 SSD, up to 500GB – 1TB HDD: up to 2TB
Beelink U57 review
There really actually alot that distinguishes this product from some of the other cheaper models, the fact that it has a more durable metal case, you can tell it feels very premium and has this apple mini feel to it. Most of the other cheap products only have plastic casing.
It’s a little black box weighing 277g and is about 4″ x 4″ x 2″, littered with ports and buttons and slots! Just like the U55, it has the same compact size and very lightweight and can be mounted behind a 23 inch monitor with double sided tape.
On the front there’s a power on/off button, a 3.5mm audio/mic socket, a USB-C socket and two USB-A 3.0 ports. On the left and right sides there are grilles for ventilation and on the left is a microSD Card slot, which is good for 128GB – and sure enough, my 512GB card is not recognised. Round the back, there’s an Ethernet port, two USB-A 2.0 ports, two HDMI ports supporting 4K monitors and a proprietary power-in port. Shame it doesn’t have some universal powering arrangements. Built-in is WLAN (2.4/5Hz) and Bluetooth 4. There’s a mounting bracket included so it can be attached to whatever you like with screws and even two HDMI cables, one short, one long!
- 2* HDMI Port
- 1* Type-C Port
- 2* USB 3.0 Port
- 2* USB 2.0 Port
- 1* RJ45 Port
- 1* Audio Jack (HP&MIC)
- 1* micro SD Card slot
Interior – can you do Beelink U57 RAM upgrade?
The Beelink U57 mini PC includes an Intel Core i5-5257U processor made of 14nm with 2 cores and 4 wires with a basic speed of 2.7GHz and a turbo mode that goes up to 3.1GHz. In the graphics section, it combines an Intel Iris 6100 GPU, much more powerful than the classic Intel HD Graphics. This mini PC is cooled by an internal fan. The RAM base memory is 8GB DDR3L that pairs 128GB/256GB SSD storage.
Beelink U57 Performance review
The Beelink U57 is so small it easily mounted on the wall behind our large conference room HDTV. It connects to our HDTV via a short HDMI cable. I bought a separate Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and connected the Beelink to our company network via a wireless access point & we’re good to go.
I have my SoundCore Motion+ Bluetooth Speaker plugged into the 3.5mm socket and that, in turn, powered by a USB-A to USB-C cable so whenever the PC is on, I get instant super quality sound. I have also tested the 3.5mm socket with input as a microphone and that works well.
You want to do heavy gaming, video rendering or 4K video viewing for long periods of time? You gonna have to spend the money for a higher end computer. BUT, if you just web surf, watch YouTube or Netflix videos at 1080p, do some audio file editing or Photoshop stuff, this unit will do it without breaking a sweat… providing you get a good unit.
It can be a little noisy at times (because of it’s size, it’s fan sounds higher pitched and a little more whiny than a a full size PC or even a laptop
How to do Beelink U57 RAM upgrade?
The box opens up with four screws for very easy-access to replace/upgrade any of the parts by simply slotting stuff in and out. The Beelink U57 Mini pc equip with intel Core i5 5257U Processor, 2.7 Ghz CPU. The Mini Desktop Computer Built-in 8GB of DDR3L ram, 256GB SSD. The ram can’t be upgraded, but storage can expand M.2(NGFF) 2280 or 2242SSD, up to 1TB, HDD: up to 2TB , and Micro SD Card up to 128GB.
- Guzila mini PC Intel Celeron J4125 processor review – how to setup?
- Beelink GTR mini PC with 16G DDR4 512G SSD 1TB HDD AMD Ryzen 5 3550H review
- MINISFORUM GK41 mini PC review – how to upgrade it?
- U500-H mini PC Intel core i3-5005U mini computer review – how to upgrade?
- MINISFORUM U700 mini pc review – can you upgrade it?