Does Blink XT2 work with Echo Show 5? Blink XT2 features infrared night vision, two-way conversation audio and you can control it with your Alexa device using your free Echo Dots. It is an indoor/outdoor camera that offers 110-degree wide viewing angle to “see” large portions of a room or yard and can detect motion automatically. You can look at recorded security video clips, change your camera settings, view live video, and have two-way conversations with people near your cameras with the Blink Home Monitor smartphone app. What are Blink XT2 Alexa commands?
If you need even more flexibility, you also watch security video clips on Alexa video devices like Echo Spot, Echo Show, Show5 and Fire TVs. Unlike other security camera companies, you can store your video clips in the could for free for up to a year, too.
Compare Blink Indoor camera system
|Blink Indoor 1 Camera System||Blink XT2 Camera System|
|Free cloud storage||Yes||Yes|
|2-year battery life (AA)||Yes||Yes|
|Placement||Indoor only||Indoor and outdoor|
|Motion-activated instant-on recording||Yes||Yes|
|Works with Alexa||Yes||Yes|
|Infrared night vision||Yes|
|Live streaming HD audio and video with push alerts||Yes||Yes|
Does Blink XT2 work with Echo Show 5?
People always ask – ‘Does Blink XT2 work with Echo Show 5?’ Yes. You can easily and quickly connect your Blink Camera to Amazon Alexa enabled devices like Echo Show 5 for additional functionality. If you enable the “Blink Camera Skill” on Amazon Alexa you it will allow you to see a live feed of your Blink smart cameras on your Echo Device but you must have an Amazon Alexa Spot or an Amazon Alexa Show to see the video feed.
Connecting your Amazon Echo Show to your Blink Camera is great option to quickly pull up your Blink Camera feed without the need for your phone. I have an Amazon Alexa Show and Echo Spot in my house so I can see my Blink Cameras quickly with just with a short voice command like “Alexa, show me the Garage”. Below you can see a live view example how you can stream a smart camera feed on the Amazon Echo Spot, but you can also stream video on the larger Echo Show with it’s 10” screen. You will also find Blink XT2 Alexa commands in this article as well.
What is good in Blink XT2 with Echo Show 5?
- Compact 5.5″ smart display with Alexa, ready to help.
- “Alexa, show the front door camera.” This bundle includes an Echo Show 5 and a Blink XT2 1-Camera System – everything you need for smart home security. You can do everything with Blink XT2 Alexa commands.
- Customisable motion detection – Use activity zones to choose where motion is detected so you receive the alerts that matter.
- Extended battery life – 2-year battery life on two AA lithium batteries with a combination of two-way talk, Live View, and motion recording. Double the usage of the XT on a single set of batteries when recording video.
- 2-way audio – Talk to visitors through the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Cloud storage – Keep hundreds of clips stored up to a year with no additional monthly fees or service contract required.
- Voice control compatible devices or manage them using the display.
- Manage calendar, make to-do lists, get weather and traffic updates and cook with step-by-step recipes.
- Watch films, news and TV programmes. Listen to songs, radio stations and audiobooks.
What are key specifications in Blink XT2 with Echo Show 5?
|Field of view||110 degrees diagonal|
|Size||2.8 x 2.8 x 1.4 inches or 71 x 71 x 34 mm|
|Weight||3.15 oz or 89 grams|
|CPU||Immedia Proprietary – AC1002B, 4 cores / 200 MHz|
|Power||2 AA 1.5V lithium metal (non rechargeable) batteries|
|Battery Life||Two AA lithium metal batteries last up to two years, based on 53,870 seconds of video events, including Live View, motion-activated recording, and two-way talk. XT2 provides double the seconds of use as the original XT when used exclusively for Live View and motion-activated recording. Battery life will vary based on device settings, use, and environmental factors. Use of two-way talk will reduce battery life.|
|Wireless||Single-antenna Wi-Fi with diversity. Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks that use the 2.4 Ghz 802.11g/n; does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.|
|Connection||WiFi, minimum 2 Mbps upload speed required|
|Smart phone requirements||iOS 10.3, Android 5.0, or Fire OS 5.1|
|Blink App||Blink Home Monitor app|
|Included in the box||Blink XT2 camera (dependent on quantity selected), 1 sync module, 2 AA 1.5V lithium batteries (2 per camera), 1 mounting kit (per camera), 1 user guide, 1 USB cable, 1 power adapter|
|Generation||2nd generation – 2019 release|
|Camera resolution||Record and view in up to 1080p HD video during the day and with infrared HD night vision after dark|
|Camera frame rate||Up to 30 frames per second|
|Audio||Speaker output and 2-way audio recording|
|LEDs||One blue LED to help you know when it’s active (optional)|
|Support||Click here to view more information on the Blink XT2 support page.|
What are the Blink XT2 Alexa commands?
1. Non-Screen Device Supported Blink XT2 Alexa commands
|Arming your System||“Alexa, ask Blink to Arm”|
If you have more than one system:
“Alexa, ask Blink to Arm (System Name)”
|Disarming Your System||“Alexa, ask Blink to Disarm, my pin is ####”|
If you have more than one system:
“Alexa, ask Blink to Disarm (System Name), my pin is ####”
|Status||“Alexa, ask Blink to get my status”|
“Alexa, ask Blink what’s my status”
(Includes last motion clip occurrence from each system)
|“Alexa, ask Blink what my detailed status is”|
“Alexa, ask Blink to get my detailed status”
|Schedule||“Alexa, ask Blink to list my schedule”|
“Alexa, ask Blink what my schedule is”
|Motion Clip||“Alexa, ask Blink when was the last motion clip”|
“Alexa, ask Blink when was my last motion alert”
|Motion Clip Count||“Alexa, ask Blink how many motion clips do I have?”|
“Alexa, ask Blink how many recordings do I have?”
2. Screen Device Supported Blink XT2 Alexa commands
|Live View||“Alexa, show me (Camera Name)“|
|Exiting Live View||“Alexa, hide my (Camera Name)“|
|Viewing Last Motion Clip||“Alexa, show me the last activity on (Camera Name)“|
If “ask Blink” is not included when issuing a voice command, Alexa will report back saying, “You have Blink SmartHome skill enabled, would you like me to open it”, to indicate an incomplete command.
How to Set up Blink XT2 to work with Echo Show 5?
Enabling Blink Smarthome Skill:
- Open the Alexa app, tap the curtain menu in the upper lefthand corner, and select “Skills & Games.”
- Search for “Blink SmartHome”, then tap into that Skill.
- Tap the Enable button. This will pull up a Sign In page. Here, we will need to enter in the email address and password that you use for your Blink account. You will also need to create a 4-digit pin that will allow you to disarm your system via voice command.
- Once linked, you’ll get a message saying, “Blink SmartHome has been successfully linked.”
- Close this screen by tapping the X icon in the upper righthand corner of the screen. You’ll then be presented a popup reading, “Smart Home devices must be discovered before they can be used with Alexa”.
- Tap the Discover Devices button. This will take about 20 seconds, and will locate all the Blink cameras and Sync Modules on your account.
What are the other security cameras work with Alexa Devices?
|Skill Name||Compatible Cameras||Features Exclusive to ‘Screened’ Alexa Devices||Features Available to all Alexa Devices|
|Amazon Cloud Cam||Cloud Cam||Show/Hide Camera, Show Last Activity/Most Recent Event||Turn On Camera, Receive/Play/Delete Notifications, Trigger Routines With Motion Detection|
|Blink SmartHome||Blink, Blink XT||Show/Hide Camera, Show Last Activity/Most Recent Event||Arm Camera, Disarm Camera (Requires PIN), Ask “When was my last motion alert?”, “What’s my status?”, and “What’s my schedule?”|
|Ring||Ring Video Doorbell 2, Video Doorbell Pro, Video Doorbell Elite, Floodlight Cam, Spotlight Cam, Ring Stick Up Cam Wired; Limited Features Only For Ring Video Doorbell (1st Gen) and Stick Up Cam (1st Gen)||Show/Hide Camera, Answer Doorbell, Show Last Activity/Most Recent Event||Doorbell Ring Triggers Alexa Announcements, Trigger Routines With Motion Detection & Doorbell Rings|
|Arlo||Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Q & Q Plus, Arlo Pro & Pro 2, Arlo Go, Arlo Baby||Show/Hide Camera, Show Last Activity/Most Recent Event||Turn On Light/Change Light Color (Arlo Security Lights)|
|Nest Camera||Dropcam, Dropcam Pro, Nest Cam, Nest Cam Outdoor, Nest Cam IQ, Nest Cam IQ Outdoor, Nest Hello||Show/Hide Camera|
|August Smart Home||August Doorbell Cam||Show/Hide Camera, Show Last Activity/Most Recent Event, Answer Doorbell (Coming Soon)||Doorbell Ring Triggers Alexa Announcements, Trigger Routines With Motion Detection & Doorbell Rings|
|Logi Circle – Live||Logi Circle, Logitech Circle 2||Show/Hide Camera, Show Last Activity/Most Recent Event|
|TP-LINK Kasa||Kasa Cam||Show/Hide Camera||Control TP-Link Kasa Smart Home Devices|
|Canary||Canary All-In-One, Canary Flex, Canary View||Show/Hide Camera|
|Wyze||Wyze Cam v2, Wyze Cam Pan||Show/Hide Camera, Discover Devices|
|EZVIZ||Mini Plus, Mini 360 Plus, Mini O, Mini Trooper, Husky, ezGuard||Show/Hide Camera|
|Honeywell Home||C1 Wi-Fi Security Camera, C2 Wi-Fi Security Camera||Show/Hide Camera||Turn On Camera|
|Chk-In Cam||ConeC Cam||Playback Event Recording||Turn On/Off Camera, Arm/Disarm Camera, Launch Smartphone App,|
|SmartCam+ for live view||SmartCam D1, SmartCam N1, SmartCam N2||Show/Hide Camera|
|Amcrest Cloud||Amcrest IPM-723S, Amcrest Pro HD, Amcrest Ultra HD Series (require premium cloud subscription)||Show/Hide Camera, Discover Devices|
|Zmodo||EZCam, Zmodo Greet HD & Pro, Zmodo Outdoor Pro, Zmodo Sight Series, Zmodo Snap, Zmodo Wireless Cam||Show/Hide Camera||Turn On Camera|