What is good in Home Master whole house 3-stage water filter? It will improve the smell and taste of your water and make it safer for consumption by removing potentially harmful contaminants. Some filtration systems might even reduce hard water minerals. This means less staining on surfaces, softer laundry, and healthier looking hair and skin. Discover more benefits in Home Master whole house 3-stage water filter review.
Pros & Cons
- Easy maintenance
- Simple installation
- Three stages for effective filtration
- Removes sediment, chemicals, and more
- Does not reduce water flow or pressure
- Not for chlorinated city water
- Not for acidic water
- Dimensions 25”h x 24”w x 9”d
- Shipping weight 48 lbs
- Huge 20″ x 4.5″ filters deliver
- Maximum water filtration
- Longer filter life
- Stronger water pressure
- Reduced maintenance frequency
- pH: >7.0
- Silica: <100 ppm
- Manganese: <1 ppm (this filter removes Manganese, but it reduces the effective life of the filter cartridge)
- Iron: < 3ppm
- Iron Bacteria: NONE Hydrogen Sulfide: NONE (this filter removes Hydrogen Sulfide, but it reduces the effective life of the filter cartridge)
- Feed water: PSI 20 – 90 PSI
- Feed water Temperature: 40˚ – 100˚(F)
- Max. Total Dissolved Solids (TDS): 2000 ppm
List Price: $ 599.95
Replacement filter price
Carbon filter: $99.95
Iron Filter: $125.00
Sediment Filter: $35.94
Compare Home Master whole house 3-stage water filter
|Two Stage with with Fine Sediment and Carbon||Three Stage with Fine Sediment, Iron and Carbon||Two Stage with Fine Sediment and Catalytic Carbon|
|Strongest water pressure possible||20 GPM||15 GPM||10 GPM|
|Layers of sediment filtration to maximize dirt holding capacity||4 layers||4 layers||4 layers|
|Treats iron, manganese, sulfur smell||–||Up to 3 ppm||Up to 1 ppm|
|Oversized filter to improve flow rate and reduce maintenance||✓||✓||✓|
|Installs on 16-inch studs||✓||✓||✓|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||28 x 18 x 9 inches||25 x 24 x 9 inches||28 x 18 x 9 inches|
Home Master whole house 3-stage water filter review
Its dimension is 24 x 9 x 25 inches and weighs around 48 pounds. it comes with bigger sized filters, housings and fittings to provide high water pressure to all faucets and shower heads in your house. The 1” fittings are standard. The filters and their housings are oversized, designed to allow maximum water pressure and flow throughout your home.
This Whole house 3 stage water filtration system consists of a fully assembled system with filters, steel mounting bracket with bolts, housing wrench and instructions. Installation is easy owner often comment on the quality of the bracket and filter housings.
- Assembled system w/ filters;
- Steel mounting bracket with bolts;
- Housing wrench;
- Instruction book;
- warranty card
This system does not come with a frame or a stand. You could make your own stand for it, but that said, it is technically designed to be wall-mounted using screws and other mounting hardware.
The Home Master Water Filter – Pure Water Everywhere – with Pressure Performance
1st Stage Filter
Multi-gradient depth polypropylene sediment filter. 25 micron surface, 10 micron layer, 5 micron layer, 1 micron inner core
- Designed for purity with bacterial and chemical resistance
- Four separate gradient density layers enhanced filter performance
- Triple the dirt holding capacity of similar sized cartridges
- Typical life cycle 6 – 12 months depending on usage and sediment quantity
- < 1 psi pressure drop @ 20 gallons per minute
2nd Stage Filter
Radial Flow Iron Reduction Filter
- Ideal Iron filtration for high flow applications
- Radial Flow design provides excellent iron reduction with minimal pressure drop (<1 psi pressure drop)
- Easily and effectively reduces iron in water up to 3ppm*
- Reduces possibility of pipe and water heater damage
- Lifecycle based upon iron level and combined contaminant load. (See chart below)
3rd Stage Filter
Radial flow granular activated carbon – 20 micron
- Chlorine, chemicals, taste, and odor removal -100,000 gallons
- Ideal high flow applications< 1 psi pressure drop @ 20 gallons per minute
- Improved carbon contact time for purer water
- Highest grade coconut shell carbon for maximum chemical contaminant removal
Measured in gallons per minute (GPM), flow rate determines the amount of water available to run your shower, toilet, hot water heater, dishwasher, etc. When calculating your requirements look at the demand ratings printed on your appliances and toilet. Depending on the size of your house and family your water flow rate requirements may range from 15 to 40 GPM.
Buying guide – Home Master whole house 3-stage water filter
You’ll be more satisfied with a filtration system if it has the right blend of features for your lifestyle. These are the most important to consider:
A filtration system’s capacity is how many gallons of water it can make in total before individual cartridges must be replaced. Because today’s better filters are multi-stage, verify the capacity for each. If they’re not changed on schedule, it can affect the system’s performance. Filters with a high capacity usually require less maintenance.
Whole house well filtration systems can take considerable space in areas where it’s already tight. Once you identify the point of entry for your water, assess the space nearby to ensure the HMF3SDGFEC will fit.
• Flow Rate
Some water filters can cause water pressure at the tap to plummet. The HMF3SDGFEC is a good fit for homes with high water usage or kids with multiple bathrooms.
A filter’s flow rate tells you how fast water moves through it, and it has a significant effect on household activities that use lots of water. Flushing standard, low-flow toilets in two bathrooms simultaneously, for example, can use up to six gallons of water.
• Micron Rating
Water filters have pores — tiny holes that let water pass, but not contaminants. Pores are measured in microns — millionths of a meter — and the smaller they are, the fewer pollutants get through.
The HMF3SDGFEC has a one-micron rating on its sediment filter and a 20-micron rating on the iron/carbon block filter — both of which are highly competitive for this style of filter.
• Filter Life
Replacement filters add to the total cost of owning a filtration system. Filters that can process more water before they need replacement require less maintenance and cost less in the long run. The HMF3SDGFEC has some of the longest lasting filters in the business.
Installation and Maintenance
The HMF3SDGFEC is DIY-friendly to install, but it does take basic plumbing know-how. Maintenance, however, is a breeze with this system. Filter changes require the use of a filter wrench, but it’s included in the kit.
Alternate of Home Master whole house 3-stage water filter
SpringWell Water Whole House Water Filter System
- An amazing 1,000,000 gallon capacity
- Easy-install, with installation kits available to purchase with filter system
- A 4-step filtration process, including carbon coconut shell filter and KDF bed
- Promises no drop in water pressure when installed
- Low maintenance
- Installation kit costs extra
- Requires a handyman/plumber to install unless you’re big on DIY
This top of the range system from SpringWell has an amazing 1,000,000 gallon capacity, and promises easy installation and no drop in water pressure in your home once installed.
Its filter system is proprietary, but uses a four-step process to remove contaminants like chlorine, chloramine, PFOA, PFAS PFOS, pesticides, herbicides, haloacetic amongst other substances. Plus, it improves the smell and taste of your water, making it a joy to drink and cook with.
The system is designed for use on any municipally supplied water, but is particularly useful if your water is hard and you live in a city.
This system’s price reflects the quality of the technology, so it is a more expensive option. Upkeep costs, however, are very low, with replacement filters available to order online for a very reasonable price. Filters usually need to be replaced within the system about once every 6-9 months.
The SpringWell system promises more contact time between your water and the filter than any other POE system. The four stages of filtration include a KDF bed in which a copper/zinc alloy gets rid of chlorine and other contaminants, a coconut shell carbon bed, and a sediment filter.
As well as this whole house water filter system, SpringWell makes a UV water filter designed to kill bacteria and viruses, and a salt-free water softening system which can both be bought as add-ons.