How to delete Nest video clips?
You can delete your camera’s video history at any time by using the Nest app on your phone, tablet, or computer, If you’re a Google Nest Aware subscriber. Deleting your video history will also delete the snapshots that appear in your phone or tablet’s Sightline. If you don’t have a Nest Aware subscription, you can use the delete video history option to erase the free activity snapshots that appear in your Sightline. Deleted video history and snapshots are unrecoverable. How to delete Nest video clips?
How footage and snapshots normally expire and are automatically deleted
Your video history and snapshots will automatically be deleted during normal use. Here are the ways this happens:
- Rolling video history: Depending on which Nest Aware plan you have, your camera’s older footage and snapshots will automatically expire and be deleted after a certain number of days.
- If you don’t have a subscription, you’ll still get snapshots for up to 3 hours in the past, which will also automatically expire and be deleted after 3 hours.
- Removing a camera from the Nest app or cancelling a subscription: Your camera’s video history and snapshots will also be deleted if you remove the camera from your account in the Nest app or cancel your camera’s Nest Aware subscription.
How to delete Nest video clips manually?
You can manually delete your video history with the Nest app by selecting the Delete video history option in your camera’s settings. Using this option only affects the camera you have selected. So your other cameras will keep their video history and Sightline snapshots.
If you don’t have a Nest Aware subscription and you’d like to stop getting activity snapshots in your Sightline, you can turn them off
Deleting your video history won’t delete any of your saved clips or timelapses. Before deleting your video history, be sure to make clips of any parts of your video history that you’d like to keep.
If you’re sure you’ve taken the steps to preserve any clips you’d like to keep, follow these steps to delete your camera’s video history using the Nest app on your phone, tablet, or computer.
You can store up to 3 hours of clips in the Nest app. They’ll be securely saved online until you delete them. If you want to free up some space for new clips, you can delete a clip you don’t want at any time.
- Use a computer web browser to sign in to the Nest app at home.nest.com.
- Select the camera you want to delete clips from.
- Click on Clips in the lower right corner of the screen. Note: If you don’t see the Video Clip icon, increase the size of your web browser to reveal it.
- Click View clips.
- Hover over the clip you want to delete and click the trash icon in the bottom right corner.
- Alternatively, you can select the clip you want to delete to preview it first.
- Click the red Delete button.
How to create, share and view video clips and timelapses
With a Google Nest Aware subscription you can create, save, and share video clips from your camera’s video history.
Clips let you save things like your child’s first steps or the crazy things your pets do while everyone’s away. Timelapses are a special kind of clip that compresses a long clip into a short one. It will look like you’re watching in fast forward. For instance, you can relive that memorable surprise party in
a couple of minutes, or watch a meal get cooked in a few seconds.You can also easily share clips and timelapses that you’ve created: post them to Youtube, Twitter or Facebook, or create a link to share with friends and family.
There are some differences between what you can do on a phone or tablet, or on a computer.
|Phone or tablet||Computer|
|Create clips||Up to 2 minutes 30 seconds per clip||Up to 1 hour per clip|
|Download clips||Only clips created with your phone or tablet||All clips and timelapses|
|Watch clips||Only clips downloaded to your phone or tablet||All clips and timelapses|
Nest Cam video tips and tricks
How to turn your Nest Cam on or off
Open the Nest app > Tap on your Nest Cam feed > Tap once on the live feed above the Nest Cam’s timeline > Tap on the settings cog in the top right corner > Toggle the ‘Camera’ on or off.
How to see your Nest Cam video history
You will need a Nest Aware subscription to see video history. The cheapest option offers five days of video history. Each Nest Cam you have needs its own subscription.
Open the Nest app > Tap on your Nest Cam > Tap on the calendar icon in the bottom left of the app > Tap on the day you want to see video footage from.
Note: Available days are shown in a darker grey and the options will be 5-days, 10-days and 30-days.
How to filter events on your Nest Cam timeline
Open the Nest app > Tap on your Nest Cam feed > Tap on the horizontal lines at the top of the timeline > Select the types of events you want to see appear in your timeline > Done.
How to see a quick overview of what has happened on your Nest Cam
Open the Nest app > Tap on your Nest Cam feed > Tap on the vertical lines at the top of your timeline > Scroll through to see a quick overview of the main events that have happened in front of your Nest Cam.
How to save an event on your Nest Cam timeline to your camera roll
Open the Nest app > Tap on your Nest Cam feed > Tap on the event within your Nest timeline that you want to save > Tap on ‘New Clip’ at the bottom of your screen > Save to camera roll.
Note: It’s only possible to save clips with a Nest Aware subscription.
How do I delete my Nest data?
You can delete your Nest account using controls in your Nest app. This triggers deletion of your personal information. Because of the way we maintain certain Services, after your information is deleted, backup copies may linger for some time before they are deleted, and we may retain certain data for a longer period of time if we are required to do so for legal reasons. For more information, see Privacy Statement.
How to Reset a Nest Hello Video Doorbell?
1 Remove Device from Nest Account
You can remove your Nest device (Thermostat, Cam, Dropcam, etc) from your Nest Account within the Nest app. Whether you’re using a computer or mobile phone, the steps are the same.
- To remove a Nest device from your Nest Account, log into your account with the Nest app.
- If you have multiple homes registered on the app, tap the Menu icon in the top left corner of the app home screen, then select the home that has the device you’d like to remove.
- Tap the device you’d like to remove on the app home screen.
- Tap the Settings icon in the upper right hand corner.
- Scroll down and select Remove.
- You’ll then be asked to confirm your choice.
You’ll get an email from Nest to confirm the camera has been removed from your account. The device has been removed from the Nest account.
2. Factory Reset
If you have a Nest Aware subscription, do not cancel it if you intend to continue using your camera.
- Insert the release tool (or a paperclip) into the hole at the bottom of Hello and pull it from the base.
- Using the release tool, hold down the reset button on the back and at the same time, hold down the doorbell button on the front for about 10 seconds.
- The camera will chime as its light ring spins blue, then flashes yellow.
- When the lights turn off, release the two buttons.
- The camera will chime again while the light ring pulses blue to indicate the factory reset is complete.
- Factory reset is complete. If you want to reconnect the camera to the app, go through the setup once again.