Fitbit Versa 3 is game changer for health and wellbeing. The Fitbit Versa 3 is well-designed smartwatches with plenty of fitness features and support for both major voice assistants. The Versa 3 holds its own against some of its pricier competitors like the Apple Watch SE and even the Fitbit Sense with blood oxygen, an always-on display, built-in GPS, and temperature tracking during sleep, and a battery that lasts six days, How to use Fitbit Versa 3? Find useful tips and tricks here.
Pros & Cons
- Bright, always-on AMOLED display
- Onboard GPS
- Advanced sleep tracking
- Mic and speaker for text dictation
- Up to six days’ battery life
- Health metrics are hard to find
- Relies heavily on mobile app
- Notification replies are Android-only
- Slow to sync
How to use Fitbit Versa 3 – tips and tricks
The Versa 3 still has the same square-ish watch body and metal frame as its predecessor the Versa 2, but it now has a larger 1.58-inch AMOLED screen with slimmer bezels. It’s bright, crisp and easy to see in direct sunlight.
Fitness & Health Features
The Versa 3 covers the basics well and has the same fitness features as the more expensive Sense. It tracks 20 different activities including indoor and outdoor swimming and has automatic workout detection for some exercise types like running if you forget to start a session. It’s also the first Versa smartwatch to have built-in GPS.
How to use Fitbit Versa 3
Step 1 : Charge at first
Turn on and charge your device. To set up Versa 3, first connect it to the charging cable. Get a full day of battery life in just 12 minutes with fast charging. Plug the charging cable that came with your Fitbit device into a USB port on your computer, a UL-certified USB wall charger, or another low-energy device. Attach the other end of the cable to your device. Charging your device to 100% may take 1-2 hours.
Step 2 : Create & log in Fitbit account
Connect your device. Next, create or log in to your Fitbit account and connect your watch.
To set up your Fitbit device with the Fitbit app:
- Download and install the Fitbit app from one of the following locations:
- Open the Fitbit app and tap Join Fitbit.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a Fitbit account and connect (“pair”) your Fitbit device to your phone or tablet. Pairing makes sure your Fitbit device and phone or tablet can communicate with one another (sync their data).
Fitbit Versa 3 tips and tricks – Change your clock face
Match your watch to your style by picking from a variety of clock faces. Save your favorite clock faces and easily swap between them using the Clocks app.
On Ionic, Sense, and Versa series, save up to 5 clock faces to switch between them:
- When you select a new clock face, it’s automatically saved unless you already have 5 saved clock faces.
- To save a new clock face when you already have 5 saved clock faces, remove a saved clock face before switching to the new one. If you switch to the new clock face without first removing a saved clock face, you’ll see it on your watch, but it won’t be added to your saved clock faces.
- To see your saved clock faces from your watch, open the Clocks app and swipe to find the clock face you want to use. Tap to select it.
- On Sense and Versa 3, you can also press and hold your finger on your current clock face to open the Clocks app .
- To see your saved clock faces in the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab your profile picture your device image Clock Faces device tab. You see your saved clock faces in My Clocks.
- To remove a clock face, tap the clock face Remove clock face.
- To switch to a saved clock face, tap the clock face Select.
Keep the display on. See real-time progress toward your goals and check the time with just a glance—even when your hands are full.
How to use Fitbit Versa 3 Health feature?
Fitbit Versa 3 tips and tricks – Estimate your blood oxygen saturation.
Versa 3 uses sensors to estimate your blood oxygen saturation while you sleep.
Your Fitbit device measures your SpO2 levels while you sleep using red and infrared sensors on the back of the device. The sensors shine red and infrared light onto your skin and blood vessels, and use the reflected light that bounces back to estimate how much oxygen is in your blood:
- Richly oxygenated blood reflects more red light than infrared light.
- Poorly oxygenated blood reflects more infrared light than red light.
Note that you might see the red and infrared sensors continue to blink for around 30 minutes after you wake up.
Fitbit Versa 3 tips and tricks – Mindfulness
Take a breather. Practice guided breathing with the Relax app. Log how you feel afterward to track your stress over time.
How do I start a mindfulness session in the Fitbit app?
- From the Today tab , tap the Mindfulness tile . If you don’t see the tile, go to the Discover tab Health & Fitness Stats Mindfulness.
- Tap to choose a session, then tap Play Audio to begin. Note: Premium subscribers can access additional guided meditations in the Fitbit app.
- After you’re done, tap Log Reflection to record your reflection, or tap No Thanks to skip this step.
- To see details about your session, including your heart rate during the session, tap the Mindfulness tile in the Fitbit app, then tap Your Journey.
Fitbit Versa 3 tips and tricks – Get heart-rate notifications
Your heart rate is a key indicator of health, so stay informed when Versa 3 detects that your heart rate is unusually high or low.
When your heart beats, your capillaries expand and contract based on blood volume changes. To determine your heart rate, the optical heart-rate sensor in your Fitbit device flashes its green LEDs many times per second and uses light-sensitive photodiodes to detect these volume changes in the capillaries above your wrist. Then your device calculates how many times your heart beats per minute (bpm). The optical heart-rate sensor detects a range of 30-220 bpm.*
We use green LEDS because they maximize the signal detected from the capillaries near the surface of the skin. The optical heart-rate sensor also uses infrared light to determine when the device is on your wrist to improve the accuracy of your heart-rate data.
How to use Fitbit Versa 3 fitness features
Get in the zone. Personalized heart-rate zones help you target the training intensity of your choice. Earn Active Zone Minutes for time spent in the fat burn, cardio, or peak heart-rate zones.
Get up and step. Versa 3 helps you reach an hourly goal of 250 steps by nudging you at 10 minutes before the hour is over.
Ask your voice assistant. Check the weather, set timers and alarms, start a workout, control your smart home devices, and more by speaking to your watch. To use your voice assistant, the Fitbit app must be open and running in the background on your phone.
Fitbit Versa 3 tips and tricks – Track your workouts
Use the Exercise app to see real-time stats, capture GPS data, and get a workout summary when you’re done. Versa 3 has built-in GPS so you can leave your phone behind.
- Open the Exercise app and swipe to find an exercise.
- Tap the exercise to choose it. If the exercise uses GPS, you can wait for the signal to connect, or start the exercise and GPS will connect when a signal is available. Note that GPS can take a few minutes to connect.
- Tap the play icon to begin the exercise, or swipe up to choose an exercise goal or adjust the settings.
- Tap the large stat to scroll through your real-time stats. To pause your workout, swipe up and tap the pause icon . Note that if you set an exercise goal, your watch vibrates and flashes when you reach the goal.
- When you’re done with your workout, swipe up and tap the end icon End. Your workout summary appears.
- Tap Done to close the summary screen.
How to use Fitbit Versa 3 – Fitbit app
Your Fitbit device comes preloaded with a variety of apps including Alarms, Weather, and Exercise. From the clock screen, swipe left to see the apps currently installed. Install additional apps using the Fitbit App Gallery.
On Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Sense, and Fitbit Versa series, note the following:
- Up to 39 apps can be installed on your watch at a time.
- Some devices must be connected to Wi-Fi for some apps to install or update.
To install an app:
- With your watch nearby, in the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab your profile picture your device image.
- Tap Apps.
- Browse the available apps. When you find the one you want to install, tap it.
- Tap Install.
- Some apps require certain permissions in order to work properly, such as access to the internet or the ability to run in the background. Review these requested permissions and tap Install to add the app to your device. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data. If you decide at a later time that you don’t want an app to have certain permissions, you can adjust these permissions.
Fitbit Versa 3 tips and tricks – Sync your data
Data automatically syncs to the Fitbit app throughout the day. Each time you open the Fitbit app, your device syncs automatically when it’s nearby. You can also use the Sync Now option in the app at any time.
You can sync your device with any compatible phone, tablet, or computer that meets syncing requirements. If you receive notifications from your phone on your Fitbit device, you’ll need to disable the Bluetooth bond between your phone and Fitbit device before using a different phone.
Fitbit Versa 3 tips and tricks – Unlock Fitbit Premium
New Fitbit Premium customers can redeem a free trial in the Fitbit app.
Fitbit Premium is your personalized resource in the Fitbit app that helps you stay active, sleep well, manage stress, and more.
A consistent bedtime can improve sleep quality and help you feel rested. Set a bedtime reminder to keep you on track?” Receive personalized insights, your sleep score breakdown, and a wellness report based on your Fitbit stats.
“Challenges & Adventures” Invite friends to compete or work as a team in customizable challenges, such as Get Fit Bingo. Explore all Premium challenges and adventures in the Fitbit app.
How do I start a Fitbit Premium program?
- Tap the Discover tab Guided Programs.
- Choose the guided program you want.
- Read the overview, and tap Get Started to enroll in the program.
- Follow the instructions to enter your information and set goals.
- Read the summary of your program plan.
- Tap Start to read helpful tips and see your progress for the day.
How to use Fitbit Versa 3 – value added service
Pay from your wrist. Versa 3 includes Fitbit Pay, which lets you make purchases and fast-track your way through certain transit systems right from your wrist.
Move to your music. Control music playing on your phone, or use the Pandora, Deezer, and Spotify – Connect & Control apps to listen to your favorite stations and playlists.
Respond to messages. On watches paired to an Android phone, respond directly to text messages and app notifications with preset quick replies or by speaking your reply.
Each app has a list of 5 default text quick replies. To change the quick replies:
- In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab , and tap your profile picture.
- Tap your device image Notifications Quick Replies.
- Tap the app you want to change the quick replies for. To change the default quick replies for all apps, tap Default Replies.
- Tap the reply you want to change and enter the text you want to use instead. Replies are limited to 60 characters.
- Tap the back arrow to return to the list of apps and automatically save your changes.
- Sync your device. The next time you receive a message notification from that app, your new reply is included in the list of quick replies on your device.
Shortcut your favorite features. Double-press or hold the button on your watch to quickly access all your favorite apps and features. Customize your shortcuts in the Settings app.
Check your widgets. Swipe up on the clock face to see your daily stats, log your water intake or weight, check the weather forecast, and start a session in the Relax app.
Check the forecast. See the weather in your current location, as well as 2 additional locations you choose, in the Weather app on your watch or in your widgets.
Never miss a notification. See your phone, text, calendar, and app notifications on your watch.
See what’s next. Connect your phone’s calendar in the Fitbit app to see upcoming calendar events for today and tomorrow in the Agenda app.
- What is the best fitbit for heart monitoring?
- How does fitbit Versa 2 work with iPhone Health app?
- TicWatch Pro 3 vs Apple Watch SE difference – how to do sleep tracking?
- TicWatch Pro 3 vs Galaxy Watch 3 difference – how long is battery life?
- TicWatch Pro 3 GPS smart watch men’s wear OS watch review – how to use?