ViewSonic X10-4K vs BenQ HT3550 review – can you play game? ViewSonic X10-4K provides immersive theater-like experience in 4K UHD (3840×2160), on a screen up to 120 inches in 2400 (LED) lumens. Solid-state LED technology with 30,000-hour lifespan consumes far less power than a typical LCD TV. BenQ HT3550 is designed to provide greater contrast, which makes sure that your 4K content is professionally detailed to give you the cinema experience without actually having to go to the cinema to do it
Pros & Cons – ViewSonic X10-4K vs BenQ HT3550
- Excellent color accuracy and picture detail
- Automatic focus and keystone correction for easy set-up
- Wi-Fi allows streaming of content from devices
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Higher quality sound than most projectors
- Easily portable for indoor or outdoor use
- Low lamp brightness
- Input lag too high for serious gaming
- Excellent picture quality, color accuracy, and contrast
- Relatively quick and easy set-up
- Dynamic Iris technology makes the most of the lamp brightness
- Input lag low enough for most gamers
- Supports 4K in 3D (glasses included)
- Longer throw ratio
- Requires light-controlled room
Key features: ViewSonic X10-4K vs BenQ HT3550
ViewSonic X10-4KE True 4K UHD Short Throw projector
- Theater-like experience due to 3840×2160 4K UHD with 2400 (LED) lumens
- Presence of Google Assistant and Alexa
- Wi-Fi connectivity with YouTube
- LED technology consumes far less power than an LCD TV
- Rec. 709 color accuracy with HDR content support
- Excellent sound quality with in-built Dual Harman Kardon Bluetooth speakers
- Easy-to-carry and use anywhere
- Presence of throw lens for both indoor and outdoor projection
The BenQ HT3550 4K Projector
- Availability of true 4K features, 8.3 million individual pixels
- Excellent clarity, enhanced contrast with crisply defined finer details
- Presence of dci-p3 color space
- Provides a broader visible spectrum
- Presence of 10-element lens
- Presence of dynamic iris to enhance the black levels
- This product has a lesser leakage problem as compared to the previous models
- Presence of a pair of 5-watt speakers provides-the onboard sound experience
- Ideal for connecting with more significant sound systems
- Comes with firmware 1.0.0
- Comes with DLP technology
- An appropriate level of light penetration provides the best color quality, sharpness, and clarity
- Availability of CFI to facilitate smooth motion
- Has auto-tone mapping to adjust scene brightness accurately
- HDR-PRO tone mapping gives the ultimate pleasure of watching cinema right in your living room
- Available with three years warranty for limited parts and covers the labor charges
- Availability of different preset picture modes to suit your needs
- Recipient of “Highly Recommended – Projector Central June 2019 – Best of Awards – Home theater HiFI 2019”
Who is this for
This projector is highly valuable as a home theater projector, but doesn’t work well for Gaming entertainment. The lag input is worse on this projector, which can be ranged from 66ms to 100ms. Clearly not good for a fast-paced gaming session, but could work for light gaming still. If you want to discard this factor, this projector could be the perfect one for you.
But, as what we said above, this projector can be useful for a specific market, which is gamers’. Compared to the Viewsonic, BenQ HT3550 has better lag input. 50ms is good enough for playing light entertainment games like RPG or Arcade which won’t require any fast movement. It’s not that good for high action games though. It’s a nice package of family entertainment with home theater and light gaming capabilities.
ViewSonic X10-4K vs BenQ HT3550 review
Display & lumen
This projector has the better specification on the paper. Delivering the exact same resolution, 4K Ultra HD with the same DLP display. Lumens level is better here in 2400, but still not capable of fighting the sunlight or light rich source room. Different from BenQ, it has the capability to play the 3D formats with Frame Sequential, Frame Packing, Side by Side, and Top Bottom.
BenQ still uses the DLP technology for the display. The resolution that is supported is Full HD up to Ultra HD or 4K. As always, the BenQ projectors seem to have minus points at their brightness level. This BenQ HT3550 has a limited 2000 lumens, which certainly is nowhere good to use in a room which has too much light.
Projectors naturally have a longer delay between input and screen than most TVs. This is mildly annoying for watching movies or TV, but a huge problem for gamers. While no projector will truly give you an instant response, anything with an input lag of 50ms or lower is considered acceptable for most gamers. Anything above this, and you’ll likely be frustrated, especially in racing games, fighting games, and first-person shooters.
More distance between the projector will yield a larger screen. The amount of distance required is measured by the throw ratio. A lower throw ratio lets you get a bigger image without as much horizontal distance. That helps the picture clarity along with making the projector more flexible in terms of installation.
ViewSonic X10-4K: The port on the projector’s back is the same as HT3550 but with the additional Ethernet or RJ45 Lan port. Plus, it’s highly upgradable with the microSD slot. It actually has way better integration than HT3500, which one important to consider. It has the 16 GB internal storage, which can be useful for storing some files.
BenQ HT3550: About the connectivity, it’s pretty complete here. You can find the ports on the back. There’s HDMI Ports, USB 3.1, USB 3.2, 1 port for TOSLINK Audio Output, 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 port for 3.5 mm jack, 1 V Trigger Control Output port, and 1 port for RS-232. One thing that lacks from this product is the upgradeability and the integration.
It doesn’t have an extra slot for micro SD, so you can’t have an extra storage for saving something. Even it doesn’t have an internal storage, allowing you to use it with the extra player only. It lacks virtual supports as well, while Bluetooth and wifi connections are also miss.
Plus, they have integration with several virtual assistants as well like Alexa or Google Assistant. Giving a command via voice is possible now. The Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-fi connection are also here as well. It’s possible to update and look for subtitles of certain movies on this device.
Setting up this monitor can be a bit easier than BenQ. It has a lower throw ratio, which is very suitable for a tight room, that is more preferable as a spot to place home theater systems. It has only 0.8:1 throw ratio that can project the screen with a size of 120 inches.
The correction needed to be done manual, and it has several integrations as well. It can be mounted on the ceiling with supported accessories. The speaker is better here, with the 16W stereo speakers. It’s clearly louder and may produce better sounds quality as well.
It has the adjustable 6 segment color wheels. Setting this up needs extra work, since it has a longer throw ratio, which is 1.13 to 1.47:1. It could project a 100 inches display within 2,5 meters distance. The projection size is from 40 to 200 inches. So with this, you need a better adjustment and longer distance to make your ideal screen size.
Let’s see about the features here. The BenQ HT3550 projector has the auto correct function, which is able to correct auto vertical for about 30 degrees more or less. It can also be mounted on the ceiling by using the suitable bracket. And yes, it also has the stereo speaker that has 10W power. Not the best at the market, But it’s still great.
Alternate of ViewSonic X10-4K vs BenQ HT3550
Optoma UHD52ALV True 4K UHD Smart Projector
Optoma brings you one of the best 4k projectors with smart technology to meet your specific requirements. The device comes with HDR10 and hlg technology, which provides you with excellent picture quality. You get to enjoy the theatre experience right in your home with this 1080p supporting device. The presence of ultra-detail technology offers pictures and videos with high-end sharpness and clarity.
Key Features Of The Optoma uhd52alv Projector
- Presence of true 4k Ultra HD picture quality
- Comes with IFTTT support
- Compatible with both Google Home and echo
- Presence of 3500 lumens for enhanced brightness and sharp imaging quality
- Presence of 0. 8 – 2. 0 digital zoom, 1. 3x manual zoom and, 1. 21 – 1. 59 Throw Ratio
- Ideal for both wall mounting and table placement
- Corded electric power supply
- 15, 000 hours of lamp life
- High contrast ratio (500, 000: 1)
- Presence of RGBWRGBW color wheel enhances the color ratio for vivid cinematic image
Along with these features, this device uses white technology to add some more depth to the photos. The high contrast ratio helps the users to view dark scenes with excellent clarity. Along with extended battery life, this one offers you seamless connectivity to your smartphone and tablet. As per the user reviews, this one checks all the boxes correctly and emerges out to be one of the best projectors in the market.
ViewSonic PX747 4K Home Theater Projector
If you want to get the best value 4k projector with high brightness for enhanced living room entertainment, then ViewSonic 4K Projector is the final answer. This one is available with 3500ANSI Lumens for excellent brightness and high-quality images. This one utilizes the XPR technology to provide you with the most exquisite screen detail seamlessly. Also, you get the advantage of HDR and Rec. 2021, which gives you an improved, detailed picture for your leisure time.
Key Features Of The viewsonic PX747 4k projector
- Comes with DLP 4K ultra HD chip along with XPR technology
- Offers you 3840 x 2160 pixels for true 8.3 million-pixel 4K UHD resolution
- Vibrant colors with vivid details
- Availability of 3500 lumens provides a brighter picture in any environment
- Presence of HDMI inputs help you to connect to a range of HD devices
- Room filling sound experience due to 10W speaker system
- Backlit remote for nighttime and dark room viewing
- Presence of energy-saving SuperEco feature which helps you save power
- Lamp life till 15000 hours
- Affordable and portable
- Comes with handy manual user
- Contrast ratio is 12000:1
- Presence of manual zoom lens, 1.20:1
- Comes with three years warranty, one year for lamp along with free first-year express exchange servicing charges
- Ideal for long gaming sessions
These are some of the best features that make this product quite trending in the market. With its price and features, this one offers you excellent services even in ambient light conditions. In case you cannot balance the lights in your room, this projector does the work for you. Along with these features, the product is easy to install and ideal for limited space.
Whether you are an intensive gamer or love to watch movies, this one will leave you awestruck with its high-quality images. Along with that, this product offers excellent power conservation, which helps you to use it for a longer duration.