Does it support Apple AirPlay? DBPOWER L21 smart-phone mini projector is compatible with TV Box, Amazon Fire TV Stick, PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Speakers, Chrome Book, DVD players, SD Cards, USB Flash Drives, Media players, ipad, iphone and Android Smart phones. When connected with smart phones, a Wi-Fi display dongle or HDMI adapter (not included) is required. Its upgraded 6000 Lumens & 3000:1 Contrast Ratio brings +80% brighter than regular projector on the market, vivid visual feast. Get details in DBPOWER L21 LCD video projector review.
In the box
- DBPOWER L21
- HDMI cable
- AV cable (3 in 1)
- Remote control (battery not included)
- Carrying Case
- User manual
Pros & Cons – DBPOWER L21 LCD video projector
- Compact Size
- Weighs just 2.3 pounds
- 5000 lumens
- 2 HDMI Ports
- 1 USB Port
- 1920x1080p highest resolution makes it brighter
- Ideal for home entertainment in dark
- Home portable movie projector equipped advanced built-in speakers system
- AV Port
- Headset Port (While the Unit has excellent speakers, and is very loud, I use a Preamp plugged into the Headset Port so that I have more control of Bass and Treble. There are no such tone controls on the L21)
- Low Cost. I was able to put together a decent outdoor theater system including projector, screen, preamp and speakers for less that 500.00.
- Package comes with a carrying bag
- Poor sound quality via the built-in speaker
- Average controls and functionality
- Controls buttons on the projector aren’t evenly lit
Specs – DBPOWER L21 LCD video projector
- Dimensions: 18,8 x 15 x 7,6 cm (7,40 x 5,90 x 3 in)
- Weight: 1,04 kg (2,3 lbs)
- Model: DBPOWER L21
- Display Technology: LCD
- Light source: LED
- Brightness: 6000 lumens
- Contrast ratio: 3000:1
- Native Resolution: 1280 x 720 px (HD)
- Max Resolution:1920 x 1080 px (Full HD)
- Projection distance: 1 – 5 m (3,2 – 16,4 ft)
- Cooling system: dual fan
- Fan noise: low
- Keystone Correction: ± 15° vertical
- Screen size: 40 – 200 inches
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 / 4:3
- iPhone device connection: Lightning to HDMI adapter (not included)
- Video format: all supported.
- Built-in Speakers: 3W dual stereo Hi-Fi
- Dolby Digital (AC-3): not supported.
- Android device connection: MHL cable (not included)
- Lamp life: 50000 hours.
- Connection terminals: 2 x HDMI / AV / VGA / USB / audio out 3,5mm mini jack/ SD card slot.
- Chromecast & Fire TV Stick: supported.
- Warranty: 3 years.
Compare DBPOWER L21 LCD video projector vs TMY mini projector
|Model||DBPOWER L21||TMY V08 HD 720P|
|Native Resolution||HD (1280 x 720 px)||HD (1280 x 800 px)|
|Max Resolution||Full HD (1920 x 1080 px)||Full HD (1920 x 1080 px)|
|Brightness||6000 lumens||6500 lumens|
|Keystone correction||± 15° vertical||± 15° vertical|
|Built-in Speakers||3W dual stereo Hi-Fi||3W dual stereo Hi-Fi|
|Dolby Digital supported||No||No|
|Screen size||40 – 200 inches||32 – 220 inches|
DBPOWER L21 LCD video projector review
It is made entirely out of plastic with a glossy finish. While this projector can withstand daily usage; however, a fall from a short height might be enough to break the projector casing and its internals.
The front has a stippled waveform pattern for decoration, breaking up the monotony. On both sides, there are ridged vents toward the front of the unit. The overall size is fairly compact, at 7.4 inches in width, 5.9 inches in depth, and 3 inches in height. It’s also lightweight and easy to carry, at only 2.3 pounds. The bottom part of DBPower L21 features 4 rubber feet and 1 screw-type kickstand. You get a quarter-inch screw threading at the center to mount this projector on a tripod or ceiling mount.
There’s a standard VGA port for connecting a laptop or PC. On the right side of the unit, you’ll find the rest of the inputs. These include 2 HDMI ports, a USB port, an AV port, and a 3.5mm headphone audio jack. There’s also a slot for inserting your SD card, allowing you to play video directly from the projector.
With the 2x HDMI port, you can connect a plethora of HDMI compliant devices to this projector, including PC, Playstation, Xbox, Laptop, Mobile, Tablet, etc. To add smart TV-like capabilities, you can connect a streaming media player like Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, or Roku and enjoy movies/TV shows on a big screen.
To get the best focus, DBPOWER recommends a distance of 1 to 5 meters, or about 3 to 15 feet. The L21 supports a wide range of display sizes, from 40 inches up to 200 inches. The exact size of the display will depend on how far the projector is from the screen.
The DBPOWER L21 has a 4,200-lumen bulb, which is on the bright side for a home projector. The brightness is enough to compete with a couple of 60W (equivalent) light bulbs at close range.
Resolution – DBPOWER L21 LCD video projector
This projector comes with 1280 x 720p native resolution with support for up to 1080p resolution content. In addition, the L21 will also support a 4:3 aspect ratio as well as 16:9. The image was crisp and very easy to bring into focus. Text was easy to read and even PowerPoint presentations from a laptop looked fantastic. The projector comes preset for cinema mode. You can pick from other preset options or make and save your own adjustments.
The lens is housed in black ABS plastic, which forms an attractive accent on the front of the L21. On top of the lens, there are two rotating wheels. The first adjusts focus, and the second corrects the keystone correction by up to 15 degrees on each side. On top of the projector, there’s a simple 9-key control pad for adjusting most functions.
The internal speakers have great sound but I still prefer and use external speakers. The sound works fine but we went ahead and plugged in some surround sound computer speakers and that really made it feel like an old school drive-in movie.
Adopted the latest smart LED lamp care technology. The life of the lamp is 50000 hours, which means it can last for at least 20 years. Get rid of getting a replacement lamp, just enjoy your movie without any worries.
DBPOWER L21 projector how to connect to iPhone?
To connect with a smartphone or tablet, it is necessary to use a wireless HDMI adapter, this HDMI adapter is not included in the package, you need to buy it separately. For Android phones which support MHL, an MHL to HDMI cable is required; For iPhone & iPad, a Lightning to HDMI cable adapter is required.
Alternate of DBPOWER L21 LCD video projector
ViewSonic M1 Mini Portable LED Projector
- Clear Image quality
- Compact size
- Compatibility with other devices
- Stand support
- Needs a complete darkroom to work.
This box of magic comes in a pocket-sized design which is 4×4 inches which is an ideal size. It also comes with a stand at the bottom which also acts as a lens cover. The stand makes it flexible and enables various angles and positions. The most interesting thing about this projector is that it is coupled with a JBL speaker. It will give you a home theatre like experience without having one.
The vertical keystone correction enables clear and non-distorted images thus giving a great experience overall. It is compatible with computers, laptops, tablets, mobile through HDMI 1.4, USB type A and Micro USB. The projector comes with some add ons like Gray, teal and yellow swappable panels, USB cable, wrist strap, remote control and quick guide.
It also comes with a Plug and Play USB through which you can run any multimedia without connecting it to a computer. The Inbuilt battery of this projector gives you a total of 2.5 hours of backup, although it is compatible with a power bank so you can charge it on the go. The picture quality of this one is amazing, It comes with WVGA (854x480p) resolution.
- Epson 2250 vs EX9240 difference – do they support Wireless connection?
- MOOKA Q6 Native 1080p WiFi Bluetooth projector review – is it Bluetooth projector?
- Yaber Pro V7 9500L 5G WiFi Bluetooth projector review – how to setup?
- Fangor 230″ portable movie projector with tripod review
- TiVo Mini LUX 4K review – how to setup?