Is its HEPA media filtration effective against pet hair? The Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel UH74220PC is a full-size corded, upright bagless vacuum cleaner designed for households with fur-shedding pets and multiple floor types. Simply steer around furniture and into tight spaces on carpet and hard floors using the on/off brush roll to leave no mess behind. Get more in Hoover MaxLife Pro Pet Swivel bagless upright vacuum cleaner HEPA media filtration reviews.Consumer Reviews is supported by its audience. This website contains Paid Links. As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchase. Find more
Pros & Cons
- Solid design
- Impressive edge cleaning performance
- Highly effective HEPA Filtration
- Exceptional powerful suction
- Excellent pet hair cleaning performance
- Very good overall cleaning performance
- Brackets may not hold hose if twisted
- No auto cord rewind
Specs – Hoover MaxLife Pro Pet Swivel bagless upright vacuum cleaner HEPA media filtration
- Assembled Unit Depth: 11.5 In
- Assembled Unit Height: 45 In
- Assembled Unit Width: 12.5 In
- Auto Cord Rewind: No
- Cordless: No
- Bagless: Yes
- Brush Speed: One – Speed
- Brushroll Window: Yes
- Bumper Type: Scuff Guard
- Cleaning Path: undefined
- Cyclonic Action: Multi-Cyclonic
- Detachable Handle: Yes
- Dirt Cup Capacity: 1.5 Liters
- Dry Nozzle Brush Type: Motorized Brushroll
- Grip Type: Comfort Grip Handle
- Handle: Removable Handle
- Handle Material: Plastic
- Headlight: Yes
- Height Adjustment: Automatic
- Hose Color: Clear
- Hose Length: 9 Ft
- Hose Type: Deluxe Stretch
- Motor Amps: 11 Amps
- Motor Watts: 1320.0 Watts
- Multi Floor On Off: Yes
- Lightweight: No
- Number Of Cyclones: 6
- Number Of Motors: 2
- Perfect For Pets: Yes
- Power Nozzle: Yes
- Primary Filter Life: 24 Months
- Product Weight: 17 Lbs
- Quick Release Cord: Yes
- Reach: 13 Ft
- Ready To Use Hose: Yes
- Scatter Guard: Yes
- Sealed Allergen System: Allergen Filtration
- Secondary Filtration: Carbon HEPA
- Secondary Filtration Features
- Storage: Self-Standing
- Swivel Head: Yes
- Unit Height: 33.1
- Unit Length: 14.2
- Unit Weight: 20.1
- Unit Width: 13.3
- Variable Suction Control: Yes
- Weight: 17 Lbs
- Wheel Type: Soft
- Windtunnel Technology: Yes
Compare Hoover MaxLife Pro Pet Swivel bagless upright vacuum cleaner HEPA media filtration
|Hoover Pro Pet Swivel||Hoover Pet Max Complete||Hoover Power Drive Pet|
|Weight||17 Pounds||17.1 pounds||16 Pounds|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||1.5 Liters||2.5 Liters||1.5 Liters|
|Cord Length||30 Feet||27 Feet||30 Feet|
|Filtration Type||MaxLife System||MaxLife System||Carbon HEPA|
|Above Floor Cleaning||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cleaning Path||12.5 inches||13.75 inches||12.5 inches|
|Accessories||Crevice, Dusting & Pet Tools||Crevice, Dusting & Pet Tools||Crevice, Dusting & Pet Tools|
|Floor Height Adjustment||Automatic||4 Level||Automatic|
Hoover MaxLife Pro Pet Swivel bagless upright vacuum cleaner HEPA media filtration reviews
It comes with an uniquely designed Pet Upholstery Tool, an effective Dusting Brush, and a Crevice Tool. It’s a sturdy bagless upright vac that’s made to tackle the toughest stains from carpets and smooth floors. The Pet Upholstery Tool works extremely well for removing pet hair from upholstery and pet bedding. When it comes to removing the dust from furniture the Dusting Brush works great without damaging fine wood finishes.
Easily reach dirt in narrow tight places with the Crevice tool. The Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel has a Brush Roll ON/OFF Selector Switch located directly behind the power switch.
The 13-foot suction hose combined with the 30-foot-long power cord is great for maximizing your cleaning potential from every outlet.
It comes with an advanced-action brush roll that loosens and lifts all kinds of floor contaminants before the powerful suction handles the rest. There’s also an on/off switch for the brush roll, allowing you to clean bare floors without scattering the debris and leaving unsightly marks on your floors.
The MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel is equipped with dual banks of (3) each Powerful LED lamps that light up the floor well ahead of the nozzle.
The Dirt Bin on the MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel is easy to remove and easy to empty for the most part. Like most bagless uprights some of the dirt, hair, and carpet fibers tend to stick to the ribs of the trap door that requires and extra shake to remove.
With cyclonic suction action, fine particles stay up and away from the fine mesh filters, causing less clogging to extend the filter’s lifespan by several months compared to other products in the Hoover upright lineup.
HEPA media filtration
The Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel is dessigned with a Sealed HEPA Filtration System that captures 99% of fine dust and harmful allergens. This filter utilizes Activated Carbon to absorb and prevent stinky pet odors from being exhausted in the room. You can expect approximately 24 months of service before replacing.
Hoover MaxLife Pro Pet Swivel bagless upright vacuum cleaner HEPA media filtration Performance reviews
The brush roll automatically adjusts for cleaning all carpet pile lengths. The MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel UH74220P is very effective for removing long pet hair from thick pile carpet. It also has a super easy hands-free dirt cup AND a metal filter. Has a little foam filter piece thing that u can wash off easily. This model has more swivel action, better lighting and smaller profile for the bottom head portion which makes it fairly convenient for the under the couch regions,
Trial on hardwood floors was also equally impressive sucked up a lot of random loose little objects some of the objects were small but we had had issues with our Dyson cordless being able to get those as well. and they were simply not a problem for this vacuum.
Hoover MaxLife Pro Pet Swivel bagless upright vacuum cleaner HEPA media filtration Customer reviews
Great high-suction performer with very good design
I am very, very impressed by how deeply this machine reaches into carpet! A low-pile bedroom carpet that had been vacuumed just a few days prior had a not-so-trivial amount of dust extracted from it by this great machine (see pictures). Very impressive performance by this sweeper.
Excellent suction at both the motorhead and the wand, too! I don’t have a pet, but I do live with a person with long hair and found that just as claimed this vacuum’s advanced-action brushroll does resist hair wrap to a greater extent than others. I inspected the brushroll and found fewer strands there than I have on other vacuums after the first-time use. This vacuum also performs well on hard floor thanks to Hoover’s wind tunnel tech and a motorhead design that includes a backscatter guard: the windtunnel channel picks up fine dust even when the brushroll is turned off for hard floor.
I have to mention again that this sweeper has GREAT suction at both the motorhead and wand with speedy capture of dust along baseboards using the crevice tool and surface dust with the brush attachment. I subjected this unit to a task I hadn’t attempted before: car clean-up! I wasn’t sure as to where else to test the pet upholstery tool, so this seemed a reasonable emulation. Using the pet tool on the car’s upholstery and floorboards made quick work of lots of bulky stuff like pine needles, sandy soil and leaf litter that come in just by virtue of living in a wooded locale.
The pet tool is designed such that it can be used like a squeegee on more stubborn embedded dirt: combined with powerful suction and a little elbow power, the tool vanquished such soil on the car’s carpets! Surprisingly, I found that some miscellaneous hair and random fine stringy debris couldn’t be picked up entirely by the tool but were instead squeegeed into manageable collections that were ousted with the crevice tool instead.
This can be attributed somewhat to the very low-pile construction of the car carpet behaving almost as velcro does with hair, but was a bit of a minor gripe as I wonder if a motorized or air-powered minihead attachment would’ve performed differently. Such powered tools have their own drawbacks, however, including difficult hair wrap or formation of obstructions, so I leave it up to the reader determine as to whether suction-squeegee or powered tool are more virtuous. In general, I’d say the squeegee tool is less prone to mechanical failure and therefore agree with Hoover’s design choice despite my minor gripe.
Some miscellaneous things:
– This vacuum’s noise level is very good and performs more quietly than I expected of a vacuum in its class, so a definite plus.
– The wand and the motorhead have a unified path of dirt travel, so no need to disconnect and reconnect hosing to use the wand. It’s very much extend-and-go with the wand. An excellent design choice!
– The Sealed Allergen System includes a Carbon HEPA and the vacuum produced no weird smells as can be caused by particulate that other filters may miss or gross odorants from matter in the dust cup.
– I REALLY LIKE the extra large capacity dust cup: it accommodated a high volume mix of sandy matter, fluffy dust and dry plant matter without the vacuum losing suction.
A potential con:
– This sweeper’s weight reflects its pet-duty powerful suction use cases and cleaning capacity. This isn’t to say the vacuum is unbelievably heavy (its weight seems average to me) but I think it would not be a manageable weight for someone navigating a condition that produces weakness or fatigue.
An operating note:
– I’m just putting it out there that the brushroll is turned off when the vacuum is locked in its resting full-vertical position, and may be disfavored by people who like to vacuum stairs that way. This is remedied easily by getting used to putting the vacuum in its operating posture but I also MUST say that its safer in general to just use the wand and a suitable tool for such an occasion. Takeaway: I LOVE THIS VACUUM and would gladly recommend this model to all of my friends.By Customer at hoover.com
Alternate of Hoover MaxLife Pro Pet Swivel bagless upright vacuum cleaner HEPA media filtration
Shark Navigator Freestyle Premium Cordless Vacuum
This budget-friendly Shark Navigator Freestyle weighs just 7.5 pounds, has an extra-large, .64-gallon dustbin, works well on both carpet and bare floors and is fully equipped to handle pet hair. Swivel steering helps it maneuver around furniture, and it features a powerful rotating brush that lifts embedded pet hair from rugs and carpet.
A full charge can last up to 24 minutes on the bare floor setting, and the carpet setting can vary, depending on the carpet type, but the manufacturer’s site says 17 minutes is the average. Its narrow footprint makes it easy to store and charge in a closet or laundry room.
The main downside to this model is that it doesn’t come with attachments or convert into a handheld, so corners and spots, like under the sofa, can be hard to reach, meaning you’d need to use this in conjunction with a broom or duster to do a thorough cleaning.