V80 Max mopping robot vacuum comes standard with a 750ml dustbin and a 300ml water tank; ideal for vacuuming and mopping hardwood, tile, and stone floors. It stays in constant contact with floors, cleans up dust, crumbs, debris and hair without tangling, never worry about cleaning hair from a roller brush. A full set of sensors let the V80 avoid accidental falls and reduces bumping while cleaning. Get details in iLIFE V80 Max Mopping Robot Vacuum 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum and Mop review.Consumer Reviews is supported by its audience. This website contains Paid Links. As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchase. Find more
Table of Contents
- 1 What’s in the box?
- 2 Pros & Cons
- 3 Specifications – iLIFE V80 Max Mopping Robot Vacuum 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum and Mop
- 4 Suitable for – iLIFE V80 Max Mopping Robot Vacuum 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum and Mop
- 5 Compare iLIFE V80 Max Mopping Robot Vacuum 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum and Mop
- 6 iLIFE V80 Max Mopping Robot Vacuum 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum and Mop review
What’s in the box?
Wondering what’s included in the box for the iLife V80 Max? This vacuum comes with the following parts and components:
- ILIFE V80 Max Robot Vacuum
- Remote Control
- AAA batteries (x2)
- Charging Dock
- AC Power Adapter
- Cleaning Tool
- Side Brushes (x4)
- Extra Filter
- User Manual
Pros & Cons
- Superb remote control management
- Powerful 2000Pa suction
- 750ml dustbin
- Limited functionality with app
- Water tank not included
Specifications – iLIFE V80 Max Mopping Robot Vacuum 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum and Mop
- Type Robot
- Manufacturer iLife
- Model V80 Max
- Diameter 12.75″
- Height 3.15″
- Weight 5.8 pounds
- Charging type: Auto Charging / Manual Charging
- Cleaning mode: Auto, Path, Edge, Spot, MAX
- Charging time: 300-350min
- Cleaning time: up to 120min
- Body button type: Mechanical Button
- Floor Type All (indoor)
- Suction 2000 pa
- Dust Bin Capacity 0.75 L
- Digital Mapping No
- Bagless Yes
- Returns Varies by retailer
- Warranty 1-Year limited
Suitable for – iLIFE V80 Max Mopping Robot Vacuum 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum and Mop
Soft floors – carpets and rugs, primarily – can also be vacuumed with ease. But, one thing to note, is that thick carpets and rugs are a little difficult for this robot vacuum to properly clean. More often than not, this is because dirt, dust, and debris is embedded within the depths of those surfaces, and the suction power this robot vacuum offers isn’t always strong enough to reach into those surfaces. For thin carpets and rugs, though, this robot vacuum is perfect.
Hard floors – those made of wood, stone, marble, tile; among many other materials – are vacuumed with ease. All of the dirt, dust, and debris on those floors can be removed with tremendous efficiency.
Compare iLIFE V80 Max Mopping Robot Vacuum 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum and Mop
|iLife||V3s pro||V80 Max||A10|
|Cleaning route||Random||Intelligent Path Mode & Gyro Navigation||Lidar navigation+SLAM|
|Map||N/A||N/A||Multi-floor mapping， Selective Room Cleaning|
|Max suction||1000 Pa||2000 Pa||2000 Pa|
|Tangle-free suction port||✓||✓||2-in-1 Floating Roller Brush|
|Dustbin capacity||300 ML||750 ML||450 ML|
|Zone Cleaning & no-go zones&barriers||N/A||N/A||✓|
iLIFE V80 Max Mopping Robot Vacuum 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum and Mop review
It has a round body with a glossy black finish and silver accents to highlight controls or special features. The front of the vacuum features a moveable bumper that helps to prevent damage to furniture, walls, or itself, as it navigates around the room.
Size & Dimensions
The iLife V80 Max is an average-sized robot vacuum.
- Diameter: 12.75″
- Height: 3.15″
- Weight: 5.8 pounds
Here’s the quick rundown of all the components:
- Spinning side brushes: dual spinning brushes capture debris from corners and edges and pulls it into the cleaning path of the main vent
- Wheels: two large wheels on the left and right help to navigate flooring transitions while a smaller wheel at the front is used for steering and making tight turns.
- Contact sensors: two sensors to the left and right of the front directional wheel tell the vacuum when it has properly docked on the charging station
- Edge sensors: sensors along the perimeter of the vacuum helps prevent the vacuum from drop hazards, like falling down stairs
The brushing system that this robot vacuum relies on consists, primarily, of a large and strong roller brush. With this roller brush, the dirt, dust, and debris on your floors is gathered up, using the strong bristles along the brush.
The dustbin size is impressive. At 750ml capacity, I think that it is the largest dustbin capacity I have seen. This gives space for an extra large filter to get rid of particles. Most dustbins are around the 400-500ml size, and can fill up quickly if you have a lot of dirt, or pet hair to remove from your floors.
It delivers up to 2000 Pa of suction power that removes embedded dirt and debris from low-pile carpets in just a few passes, ensuring cleaner floors in less time.
Cleaning modes – iLIFE V80 Max Mopping Robot Vacuum 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum and Mop
The iLife V80 Max has four cleaning modes for variable cycles.
Available modes include:
- Path Mode (Auto Mode): good for intelligently cleaning larger spaces, automatically adjusts suction as needed, and navigates in straighter lines (700 Pa)
- Spot Mode: cleans small areas in a radial pattern using the strongest suction possible (2000 Pa)
- Edge Mode: focuses on corners and edges
- Max Mode: provides twice the suction power of Auto Mode and improved performance; also shortens run time (1400 Pa)
A total of 10 groups of infrared bumper & gyroscope sensors (!) can be found in the small robot, which assist its navigation and prevent it from hitting obstacles and falling down stairs.
While it was running, I measured it at a relatively quiet 60 decibels in normal mode, which went up to 67 dB in max mode. Even on max mode, the V8s was able to operate for almost 1.5 hours without recharging.
The V80 is compatible with the ILIFERobot app, which lets you control suction power (1-100), set up cleaning schedules, and send the robot back to its dock to recharge. There’s no auto-resume function, so every time you instruct it to clean, it’ll begin its cycle from the beginning.
The remote control is a nice add for the V80 Max. Using a physical remote may make it easier to access additional features on the vacuum without having to setup a wifi paired connection.
This remote is easy to use and programmed to work right out of the box. Features of the remote control include:
- Start or pause a cleaning cycle
- Max Clean
- Change mode
- Manual navigation
- Schedule a cleaning
- Return to the charging dock
- View how long a cleaning cycle has been running
iLIFE V80 Max Mopping Robot Vacuum 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum and Mop performance review
Here’s the full scoring breakdown of the iLife V80 Max:
- Overall 88%
- Hardwood 99%
- Low Carpet 83%
- High Carpet 83%
Low Pile Carpet
When cleaning debris on low carpet, the V80 Max could only capture about 83% of debris tested.
While the testing photo above makes it look like the performance was good, there was a fairly significant amount of sugar and kitty litter left on the carpet after the test.
After the test, we ran a more powerful upright vacuum over the same area to capture whatever debris was left and this is what we captured.
As you can see, most of the debris is ultra-fine, but it’s still a good amount left behind.
On hardwoods, the iLife V80 Max cleaned 99% of the mess, but left a small amount of debris in the corners.
Corners seemed to be the biggest struggle for the V80 Max, which is honestly not that uncommon for other iLife vacuums we’ve tested.
High Pile Carpet
For cleaning high pile carpet, the performance was just as disappointing as it was on low pile carpet—83% overall.
Again, it did pretty well for large debris, but small debris was nearly untouchable if it fell within the carpet fibers.
- iLife robot vacuum comparison – which is good for pet hair?
- Roborock S6 MaxV robot vacuum cleaner with ReactiveAI and Lidar Navigation review
- Eufy by Anker RoboVac G30 robot vacuum review – is it good for pet hair?
- Kyvol Cybovac E31 vs Roomba comparison – price & specs
- iRobot Roomba 981 robot vacuum-Wi-Fi connected mapping reviews