Is Revitive good for gout? Which Revitive is best? Gout is a common and complex form of arthritis that can affect anyone. It is a painful form of arthritis. When your body has extra uric acid, sharp crystals may form in the big toe or other joints, causing episodes of swelling and pain called gout attacks. It’s characterized by sudden, severe attacks of pain, swelling, redness and tenderness in one or more joints, most often in the big toe.Find more
Is Revitive good for gout? Gout is not a specific contraindication, however we do recommend that anyone with a pre-existing condition checks with their doctor before use. This is a precaution to ensure that the therapy will not impact on any treatment or the users recovery from the condition.
Revitive Medic best price in US
Revitive Medic best price in UK
Revitive Circulation boosters are not specifically indicated to assist with gout. Furthermore, we recommend anyone with an existing medical condition consults with their medical professional prior to using Revitive.
Revitive uses Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) to contract and relax your muscles and may increase the blood flow in your legs and feet. This increased blood flow can help to reduces swelling, aches, and pains.
Symptoms of Gout
The signs and symptoms of gout almost always occur suddenly, and often at night. They include:
- Intense joint pain. Gout usually affects the big toe, but it can occur in any joint. Other commonly affected joints include the ankles, knees, elbows, wrists and fingers. The pain is likely to be most severe within the first four to 12 hours after it begins.
- Lingering discomfort. After the most severe pain subsides, some joint discomfort may last from a few days to a few weeks. Later attacks are likely to last longer and affect more joints.
- Inflammation and redness. The affected joint or joints become swollen, tender, warm and red.
- Limited range of motion. As gout progresses, you may not be able to move your joints normally.
What are the causes of gout?
Gout occurs when urate crystals accumulate in your joint, causing the inflammation and intense pain of a gout attack. Urate crystals can form when you have high levels of uric acid in your blood. Your body produces uric acid when it breaks down purines — substances that are found naturally in your body.
People are more likely to get gout if they have:
- Obesity, or a lot of extra weight.
- Congestive heart failure.
- Family history of gout.
- Hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Kidney disease.
You are also more likely to develop gout if you:
- Consume a diet high in animal proteins
- Consume a significant amount of alcohol
- Are on water pills (diuretics).
Normally, uric acid dissolves in your blood and passes through your kidneys into your urine. But sometimes either your body produces too much uric acid or your kidneys excrete too little uric acid. When this happens, uric acid can build up, forming sharp, needlelike urate crystals in a joint or surrounding tissue that cause pain, inflammation and swelling.
Purines are also found in certain foods, including red meat and organ meats, such as liver. Purine-rich seafood includes anchovies, sardines, mussels, scallops, trout and tuna. Alcoholic beverages, especially beer, and drinks sweetened with fruit sugar (fructose) promote higher levels of uric acid.
Is Revitive good for gout treatment?
Gout can be effectively treated and managed with medical treatment and self-management strategies. Your health care provider may recommend a medical treatment plan to
- Manage the pain of a flare. Treatment for flares consists of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen, steroids, and the anti-inflammatory drug colchicine.
- Prevent future flares. Making changes to your diet and lifestyle, such as losing weight, limiting alcohol, eating less purine-rich food (like red meat or organ meat), may help prevent future attacks. Changing or stopping medications associated with hyperuricemia (like diuretics) may also help.
- Prevent tophi and kidney stones from forming as a result of chronic high levels of uric acid. Tophi are hard, uric acid deposits under the skin. For people with frequent acute flares or chronic gout, doctors may recommend preventive therapy to lower uric acid levels in the blood using drugs like allopurinol, febuxostat, and pegloticase.
REVITIVE has been shown to assist with Osteoarthritis of the knee. If this is a particular concern for you, we would encourage you to consider the REVITIVE Osteoarthritis-Knee model – this comes with specific thigh pads and a unique arthritis mode that is designed to assist with the condition. Results vary from person-to-person so it is impossible to say for sure that it will work for everyone..
How does Revitive Circulation Booster help to prevent gout?
To ensure you are both getting to most out of your Circulation Booster, ensure the soles of your feet and legs are well moisturized and drink plenty of water before and after using the device. The device uses your body to create the electrical circuit. Water is an excellent conductor of electricity and if your body is less hydrated (below 60%), then the stimulation may be less. It is always important to remain well hydrated.
Intensity levels are unique to each person. The variance in intensity can be due to a number of factors such as medical conditions, hydration, age, and sensitivity.
The intensity output in both foot pads is exactly the same. However, both feet and legs are never exactly the same and the nerves in one foot or leg may be more sensitive than the other. Set the intensity to a level that is comfortable in the good (or more sensitive) foot. The other foot will still be receiving the EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation) despite the lack of sensation.
The IsoRocker is what enables your Revitive to rock back and forth. This is caused by muscle contractions in the legs, and the resulting ankle movement. This is a good indicator that the intensity level is sufficient to provide therapy. You can continue to increase the intensity, but it should never become uncomfortable. For some people it can take a while to get use to the feeling of the device, so they can then increase to a confortable intensity that allows them to rock.
You can start off on a low setting, and after a few days of familiarisation with EMS, use a higher intensity that provides a person with strong but comfortable calf muscle contractions.
The IsoRocker gently allows ankle joint movement, replicating heel-toe raises as the leg muscles contract and relax, without placing undue pressure on legs and feet. The device itself does not rock – it is the muscles in your legs that cause the involuntary rocking.
There is a flap on the back of the device that acts as a disabler – it is worth checking that this is not open (to use the IsoRocker it should be flush against the back of the device).
The IsoRocker rocks when increased to an intensity which causes sufficient calf muscle contraction. When this happens you see your toes will dip slightly to cause the rocking motion. It may be that you need to increase the intensity a little more to achieve strong enough contractions to activate the rocker. If however, intensity 60 is as high as you can comfortably go, do not increase further. The stimulation should not be uncomfortable and certainly not cause any pain. It is OK to use Revitive without the IsoRocker action – if you are achieving muscle contractions you will still be getting those leg muscles pumping.
Is Revitive good for gout – Diabetic neuropathy?
There are several different causes of Neuropathy and it may depend on the underlying cause. Diabetes is the most common cause of peripheral neuropathy. Revitive is a drug-free registered medical device using Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) which may help to reduce pain and discomfort in the legs caused by Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy.
Some things we would need to understand:
– Are you using the thigh pads?
– What intensity are you using the device on?
– Have you used REVITVE before or is it the first week of use?
– Do you have any other health concerns or conditions (any metallic implants, diagnosed health conditions etc).
You put your bare feet on the pads, switch on with the remote (which mirrors the buttons on the device) and you get a default 30 mins. Then set the power to what you can endure. Every minute it sends different pulses through your feet, ankles and legs and beeps to inform you that a different stimulation is about to take over your limbs.
- Revitive Medic Arthritis diabetes pack best price & Review
- Revitive Osteoarthritis-knee bundle best price & review
- What are Revitive side effects?
- Revitive Pro Health Circulation Booster reviews – where to get best price?
- Revitive Pro Relief Circulation Booster reviews – Is Revitive good for varicose veins?