Does it have smart TV feature – LG HF65LA Ultra Short Throw LED home theater CineBeam projector? Being able to use the same smart TV functions as o regular TV is amazing. It connects to WiFi effortlessly and allows you to stream movies from Netflix, Amazon, YouTube and some other video providers. There are also 2 USB ports that you can connect external drives and store digital copies of movies on, and stream them directly off of them. There are 2 HDMI ports if you wish to connect a BluRay player or gaming console. Know about more features in LG HF65LA Ultra Short Throw LED home theater CineBeam projector review.Consumer Reviews is supported by its audience. This website contains Paid Links. As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchase. Find more
Table of Contents
- 1 In the box
- 2 Pros & Cons
- 3 Specs – LG HF65LA Ultra Short Throw LED home theater CineBeam projector
- 4 LG HF65LA Ultra Short Throw LED home theater CineBeam projector vs BenQ TH671IST
- 5 LG HF65LA Ultra Short Throw LED home theater CineBeam projector review
- 6 Alternate of LG HF65LA Ultra Short Throw LED home theater CineBeam projector
In the box
- CineBeam Ultra Short Throw LED Home Theater Projector with Digital TV Tuner
- 1 x Remote Control
- Manual (Simple Book, Quick User Guide)
- Warranty Card
- Power Cord
Pros & Cons
- Get a big screen with only 15” of distance
- Ultra-short-throw distance
- Easy set-up and image adjustment
- Easy installation
- Vivid colors
- LG Smart TV interface and Magic Remote included
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled
- Smart TV interface
- No 3D support
- It has a low lumens rating
- Requires a completely dark room
- No screen sharing from iOS devices
Specs – LG HF65LA Ultra Short Throw LED home theater CineBeam projector
- Brightness: 1,000 ANSI Lumens
- Resolution: 1920×1080
- Dynamic Contrast: 150,000:1
- Display Type: DLP x 1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (HD)
- Lamp Type: LED
- Lamp Life: 30,000 hours
- Color Processing: 8-bit
- Data Modes: MAX 1920×1080
- Video Modes: 720p, 1080i, 1080p/60, 480p
- Included Lens: Fixed focal length , manual focus
- Optional Lenses: No
- Lens Shift: No
- Throw Distance: 1.4′ – 2.3′ Calculate Throw Distance
- Image Size: 60.00″ – 100.00″
- Throw Ratio: 0.31:1 (D:W)
- Projector Placement: For a 100″ diagonal screen, place the projector lens 2′-3″ from the screen.
- Digital Zoom: Yes
- Digital Keystone: Horizontal & Vertical
- Projector Size: 5.00″ x 5.20″ x 12.20″ (HxWxD)
- Weight: 4.1 lbs
- Audible Noise: 30 dB / 21 dB (Eco)
- Internal Speakers: 3.0 Watts × 2
- Power: 100 Watts 100V – 240V
- Connection Panel: Audio Out: Mini Jack x 2HDMI, HDMI (MHL), Tuner, USB x 2 Wireless Networking
LG HF65LA Ultra Short Throw LED home theater CineBeam projector vs BenQ TH671IST
|LG HF65LA Ultra Short Throw LED Home Theater CineBeam Projector||BenQ TH671ST 1080p Short Throw Gaming Projector|
|Connectivity Technology||Bluetooth||USB, HDMI|
|Image Brightness||1000 lumen||3000 lumen|
|Image Contrast Ratio||150000:1||10000:1|
|Item Dimensions||5.04 x 5.2 x 12.2 inches||11.65 x 4.6 x 9.5 inches|
|Item Weight||4.20 lbs||5.90 lbs|
LG HF65LA Ultra Short Throw LED home theater CineBeam projector review
The HF65LA is a compact and lightweight projector. At 5lbs, it’s easily portable and simple to install. It measures 5.04 x 5.2 x 12.2 inches and weighs around 4.2 pounds.
The two USB ports permit you to connect compatible drives for multimedia playback or to use a mouse, keyboard, or select other peripherals. The LG HF65LA has two 3W speakers built-in, plus wired digital, wireless Bluetooth audio output, analog, allowing you to listen to a source with nearly any system. The RF connection and built-in tuner enable you to watch broadcast TV without a cable box.
The ultra-short throw lens can produce a 100” image only 15” away from the wall. With an excellent throw distance of 1.4′ – 2.3, the LG HF65LA is also included in our top ultra-short throw projectorspicks. It goes easily on an entertainment center, end table, or shelf for a totally tool-free set-up. LG’s new 4-corner keystone system locks the picture in place the first time without the need for frustrating, tedious adjustments.
The LG HF65LA projector uses XPR processing technology to create Full HD (1920 x 1080) images on your wall or screen.
It can only produce around 1,000 lumens of brightness. This is fine in a completely dark room, but you’ll want to be wary of other light sources, and get blackout curtains for any windows. The LG HF65LA has a high contrast ratio and crisp HD resolution. It uses LG’s TruMotion technology for smooth frame transitions, so you can watch action-packed scenes with no motion blur. The HF65LA gives you a consistent picture, as well.
Gaming in LG HF65LA Ultra Short Throw LED home theater CineBeam projector
The DLP projectors of LG like CineBeam offer smooth frame transitions to assist 60 Fps gaming and whatnot. With it, you can watch action-packed scenes with zero motion blur or skipped frames like in a slideshow.
This particular LG CineBeam gives you a consistent picture overall with no detail loss in the darker portions. The projector takes full advantage of the DLP tech’s ability to give out the deepest blacks and high contrast so you have zero hotspot issues in bright areas.
Wirelessly stream sound directly from the HF65LA projector to a Bluetooth compatible sound system*** like home audio speakers, headphones or portable speakers to pair big sound to the big viewing experience.
The HF65LA gives you a cinematic viewing experience with up to a 100- inch picture in clear Full HD 1080p picture quality. That’s a picture so large it’s like a movie theater at home. The HF65LA’s LED light source displays natural and rich colors and will last up to an estimated 30,000 hours.
Alternate of LG HF65LA Ultra Short Throw LED home theater CineBeam projector
Resolution: 854 x 480Brightness: 100 lumensStreaming apps: Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayerConnectivity: AirPlay, Chromecast, Miracast, HDMI, microUSB, Bluetooth speaker modeOperating system: Android 7.1
REASONS TO BUY
+Neat design+Solid sound+Passable pictures
REASONS TO AVOID
-Doesn’t like dark scenes or lit rooms-Needs fuller range of apps-Short of connections
Three stars!? In a Best Buy? What’s going on? Let us explain.
This is a bit of an odd one. It’s a tiny, tin-shaped projector with a big picture and even bigger ambitions. It’s ingenious, really – a portable projector with built-in Android-esque app store. And when you want to discuss the movie after? The Capsule can also be used as a dedicated Bluetooth speaker. So stick on some tunes and have yourself a (socially distanced) party.
Its picture is surprisingly impressive, given the size and price. Admittedly it’s not going to rival a native 4K model, but at this money, we wouldn’t expect it to. It’s great for streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime Video or YouTube (all of which are very easy to access using the built-in app store).
If you’re looking for something a bit different from your projector, and you want a model to carry round to other people’s houses, or just move around the garden, and you don’t mind a picture that’s a bit rough around the edges, you’ll find plenty to like about the Nebula Capsule.
- WiMiUS projector comparison – price & review
- WiMiUS newest P20 native 1080p projector 6800 lumens video projector review
- LG HU70LA vs Epson 3800 difference – do they support HDR10?
- LG HU70LA vs BenQ HT3550 difference -which is better for 4K HDR content?
- LG HU70LA 4K UHD LED smart home theater CineBeam projector review