How to do MINISFORUM Z83-F upgrade? Should you buy this? This small mini pc equipped with advanced processor Intel Atom X5-Z8350 and Windows 10 pre-installed, which offers an excellent performance of Internet and Office applications, Monitor, Projector and TV. An ideal mini pc for users to utilize apps, play video contents etc. Get details in MINISFORUM Z83-F review.
Pros & Cons – MINISFORUM Z83-F
- Can connect to the back of your monitor, for a minimal look
- Multiple connections: 2 X USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0, 1 X DVI, 1 X HDMI, 1 X SD card reader, 1 X 3.5mm speaker port, ethernet port, and power
- Super easy to setup, and comes with Windows 10 pre-installed
- Compact in size and very quiet
- The whole thing is made of plastic – but then again, it’s super cheap too
- I wish there were 2 HDMI ports instead of the DVI display port
- The power is pretty hard to press, once it’s on the back of the monitor (I wish the button stuck out more, or the texture was more pronounced
- For some odd reason, I can’t update the software
MINISFORUM Z83-F Specs
- Product Model: Z83-F
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Atom X5-Z8350 (2M Cache, up to 1.92GHz) Processor
- RAM: LPDDR3 4GB eMMC: 64GB
- Expanded memory: 128GB SD Card ( the SD card didn’t include)
- Processor Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 400
- Scenario Design Power(SDP): 2W
- Base Frequency: 1.44 GHz
- Burst Frequency: 1.92 GHz
- Ethernet: 1000Mbps LAN
- WiFi: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4+5.8G
- Bluetooth: 4.1
- Antenna: Built-in antenna for WiFi
This MINISFORUM Z83-F DeskMini PC can be widely used for Home Theater, Office Work, Meeting, Education, Projector Monitoring, Host, Printer, Media Equipment, Digital Signboard etc.
MINISFORUM Z83-F review
The entire casing is a shiny black plastic, with a silver ‘minisforum’ emblem on the top panel. It is around the same size as other mini PCs, like other popular mini PCs It weighs just 1.1 pounds, which gives it some worth, and you won’t hesitate carrying it on a trip.
This is a great mini pc. It is super small and fits in my hand. It has plenty of connections for all of my computer needs. Measuring 4.72 by 0.94 by 4.72 inches (HWD), That’s the Z83-F MINI PC, that comes out as the most space-saving and travel-friendly PC out here.
With dual connection of HDMI and VGA, it makes possible to connect two monitors at the same time, duoble efficiency for daily work.
For a miniature box, the Z83-F MINI PC is loaded with useful connectivity options. It has a robust collection of ports than you’d find on most laptops, and stacks up well against full-size laptops. The system boasts a pair of USB 2.0 ports, a single USB 3.0 port, an HDMI port (with 4K support), an SD card slot, a VGA port, an Ethernet port and a headphone-microphone combo.
- 1x HDMI Port; 1x VGA Port
- 1x USB 3.0 Port; 2x USB 2.0 Port
- 1x RJ45 Port; 1x SD Card slot
- 1x DC Port; 1x Power Button
- 1x Headphone & Microphone Jack; 1x Reset jack
For wireless connectivity, there’s a dual-band (2.4G + 5.8G) 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi adapter and Bluetooth 4.0. The Z83-F also features a dual-array front mic, which is another benefit as you can utilize Windows 10’s Cortana voice features.
4GB RAM+64GB eMMC+128GB SD extended capacity(the SD card didn’t include), Gigabit Ethernet LAN 1000M, Dual Band WiFi, Dual Screen support to ensure smooth navigation, responsive work processes and comfortable handling of apps and files.
The Minisforum Z83-F runs on an activated Microsoft Windows 10 Professional operating system. The operating system is fully operational and you can install Microsoft Office applications, antivirus programs, small Windows games from the Windows store, and more. YouTube plays up to 8K quality and Netflix plays in 4K via the browser and app on the Windows store. Gaming is good for only small 3D games found on the windows store and other sites like Facebook.
MINISFORUM Z83-F Performance review
I connect this PC to my HDTV and to a wireless keyboard w/touchpad to browse the web from my couch, stream Netflix, etc. (who wants to look at those small laptop screens, right?) The 4-Core (see attached image) Intel Atom processor with 4GB RAM is adequate for basic needs, so this is not a gaming PC.
This mini PC does basic tasks great such as web browsing, accessing web-based applications, document processing, music and video streaming. I love it so far the computer works everything does as it should it starts up easily setup was easy.
Never get a 2-Core or 2GB RAM system, and if you intend to do major Windows Updates, you should get these PCs with 64GB storage, not 32GB or less. It also has 5GHz WiFi (many lower cost PCs only have 2.4GHz WiFi), so WiFi is fast.
I use it to stream live stream videos with my web cam I watch a lot of videos on YouTube. This device also has inbuilt Bluetooth receiver and I connected it with my Bluetooth speaker for audio purpose. The wiFi signal is stable and quality is good.
Immediately interfaced with my existing USB keyboard/mouse, speakers, ethernet-cable modem, and VGA monitor. Immediately recognized my USB printer and after a couple minutes of processing, interfaced with it as well. All without having to transfer into any component software.
- MSI MEG Trident X 10th price & review – what are the specs?
- Terryza W5 Pro PC Stick Intel Atom Z8350 review – how to update drivers?
- Intel NUC Kit NUC8I5BEH Core i5 barebone mini PC review
- MeLE Fanless mini PC Stick Intel Celeron J4125 8G/128G review
- NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX Developer kit review – how to setup?