Proscenic P8 Max has powerful 20K PA suction in MAX mode that makes easy to pick up dirt, fine dust, hairs or crumbs on tiles, hardwood floors and carpets. Used with 4 different brush heads to ensures that even tiny dirt on hard reach place will be cleaned thoroughly. It comes with 2200mAh rechargeable li-ion battery, up to 35min runtime in regular mode and 25min in max mode. Enough capacity for daily cleanings in a single charge. Get details in Proscenic P8 Max cordless vacuum cleaner review.
In the box
- Proscenic P8 MAX – Cordless vacuum cleaner (Main body)
- Dust cup.
- Electric head floor
- 2 in 1 bristle brush.
- Soft roller brush.
- Hard roller brush.
- Mini round brush.
- Brush storage tool.
- 2200 mAh battery
- Wall mount.
- User manual.
Proscenic P8 Max specs
- Model: Proscenic P8 MAX
- Type: cordless stick / handheld vacuum
- Technology: cyclonic
- Motor: digital brushless 110000 RPM
- Power: 180W
- Suction power: Normal 8kPa (8000pa) / Max 20kPa (20000Pa)
- Dust cup capacity: 1,2L
- Emptying of dust cup: by release button
- Working sound-level: 75dB
- Battery capacity: lithium-ion 2200 mAh removable and rechargeable (You can get a battery replacement here)
- Battery life: up to 35 min on “Normal” mode (8kPa) / up to 25 min on “Max” mode (20kPa).
- Charging time: 3 – 4 hours.
- Filtration system: multiple stages
- HEPA filter: included (removable and washable)
- LED electric floor head: Yes
- Rotating electric floor head: 180° (sideways) / 90° (up/down)
- Switch to handheld vacuum cleaner: Yes
- Suitable for pet hair: Yes
- Storage and charger: wall mount
- Weight: 2,5 lbs (1,13 kg) main body / 5,51 lbs (2,5 kg) including wand and electric floor head
Compare Proscenic P8 Max vs Dyson V10
|Proscenic P8 MAX||Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute|
|Suction Power||8kPa / 20kPa||24kPa|
|Dust cup Capacity||0.32 gal / 1.2L||0.14 gal / 0.54L|
|Battery Capacity||2200 mAh||2600 mAh|
|Battery Life||35 min||60 min|
|Charging Time||4 – 5 hrs||3 – 4 hrs|
|Noise level||75 dB||87 dB|
|Weight||5.5 lbs / 2.5 kg||5,9 lbs / 2,6 kg|
Proscenic P8 Max cordless vacuum cleaner review
Proscenic P8 Max cordless vacuum cleaner design looks like little “plasticky” when you pick it up. Its dimension is 69.4 x 29.2 x 13.1 cm. The combination of detachable handheld, “stick” design and motorised floor-head is a proven formula for a great cordless.
Without the wand and floor tool, the handheld part of this vacuum weighs just 5.5 pounds. Add the floor tool and wand, weight increases to 7 pounds more or less. If you have a multi-level home, this is a great tool to have for cleaning up different areas without having to drag a heavy upright.
One button push function
The Proscenic P8 Max cordless vacuum cleaner is very simple to use, as there’s only a single button. This is pressed once to switch the vacuum to “normal” mode, twice to power up to “max” mode and a third time to turn it off. While this is a straightforward system, it can be annoying to need to cycle through “max” mode to turn off the machine – especially if you want to conserve battery life by turning it on and off when moving rooms.
Subscribe to our buying guide - critics reviews & comparison!
Moving away from the trigger, the handheld mode is a useful feature – especially when combined with the crevice or dusting brush. It also means the P8 is much more versatile than models such as the Gtech AirRam Mk2 (Proscenic P8 Max cordless vacuum cleaner review).
One thing to note about the P8 is that it has a trigger button for switching it on, but you don’t need to hold this when vacuuming. This is great for making sure your finger doesn’t get tired, but a full trigger system increases battery run-time.
The Proscenic P8 Max cordless vacuum cleaner comes with several accessories. These are generally useful and high-quality – although they can be annoyingly stiff to detach from the machine. Here’s a quick overview of the accessories:
- Soft brush – this is the larger brush in the picture above. It’s used for cleaning surfaces such as curtains and decorations, due to its softer bristles and felt-like bottom. It could also be used for delicate floors if you’re worried about damaging them – although it’s likely to push larger debris (such as cereal) around rather than pick it up.
- Round bristle brush – this has stiffer bristles than the combination tool and a larger head. It’s useful for cleaning above furniture and bookshelves.
- Combination crevice and dusting brush – this is a standard tool for most vacuums, but is well designed and easy to switch between modes.
The P8 is powered by a 22.2V Lithium-Ion battery. This provides around 25-30 minutes of cleaning time between charges, which should be enough for most cleaning tasks. The run-time drops if you use the “Max” power mode though. There’s also an LED display for current battery status. Recharging takes up to 4.5 hours, and there’s an indicator light when it’s ready to be used.
Dustbin capacity and emptying
The dust bin capacity is 1.2L. The dust container has transparent sides, so you can easily see when it needs to be emptied. There’s a latch at the bottom of the bin, which allows you to empty dust and dirt directly into a container.
While this is quick and straightforward, there’s no “push out” function, such as found on the Dyson V7. This means dust can sometimes get stuck around the cylinder and needs to be pulled out by hand. Dust can also escape when you empty it, so we don’t recommend this type of emptying system for people with allergies.
Maintaining the P8 Max is relatively straightforward. The cylinder un-clips from main body, providing quick access to the filter. The brush bar can also be removed to untangle hair. Everything clips together easily (unlike the floor head).
Suction Power and Cleaning Performance
The Proscenic P8 Max provides relatively strong 20 KPa suction power for a cordless – especially considering the low price. While we used the standard mode for most of our testing, the “Max” mode provides noticeably more power and is great for particularly stubborn debris.
The floor head is motorised with a rotating brush bar. This is designed to stir up dust and dirt from carpet fibres, although it also performs well on hard floors.
We tested the P8 Max on a variety of tasks. Here’s how it performed:
- Pet Hair – The P8 Max does a surprisingly good job of getting up pet hair. It can’t match true pet vacuums, but for keeping hair under control it’s a good choice.
- Hard Floors – The P8 Max is great on hard floors and can handle both large debris and smaller dust particles. There’s no way to turn off the rotating bar on the main floor head though, so be careful if you have delicate floors.
- Carpet – The Proscenic provides decent cleaning performance on carpets – especially considering the low price. It picked up most debris on our carpet tests with a single pass. The rotating bar does a decent job of getting the majority of dirt and dust, although it struggles with pet hair that’s ground into fibres. It also needed several passes to pick up small balls of fluff.
- Edges – The brush bar doesn’t go right to the edge of the floor head, so the P8 doesn’t do a great job of edges. Even so, it’s easy to remove the floor head and use the tube or crevice tool along the edge of walls.
- Above Floor – The P8’s detachable handheld mode means it’s great for cleaning under sofa cushions. The dusting brush is also useful for above-floor cleaning.
Keep in mind that the suction power of the P8 can’t match a full-size corded vacuum. While it’s great for quick cleaning, for deep cleans you’ll need something more powerful. This is true for almost every cordless vacuum though.
Aside from the main cleaning head, you’ll also get a flexible soft dusting brush, a combo crevice/brush tool and multi-angled stiff brush tool great cleaning pet hair off upholstery.
All these tools are great for cleaning different parts of your home. The main cleaning head obviously is great for cleaning floors – both carpet and bare floor. The round bristle tool works great for cleaning small areas like bookshelves or keyboards.
Narrow combination (crevice and brush) works great on narrow areas between sofa cushions or in-between car seats. Stiff bristle tool is handy when cleaning pet hair on fabric. Proscenic also comes with a bracket where you can store tools and a wall mount to store the vacuum.