Does it support Apple TV? It supports most media players, PCs, Macs, and mobile devices with input options such as HDMI, VGA, and more. It is compatible with DVD players; Blu-ray players; Amazon FireTV; AppleTV; Google Chromecast; Mac Computers; Windows Computers. It Advanced visual features are ideal for use in education and small business environments. Find details in ViewSonic 3800 lumens SVGA high brightness projector review.Consumer Reviews is supported by its audience. This website contains Paid Links. As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchase. Find more
Table of Contents
- 1 Pros & Cons – ViewSonic 3800 lumens SVGA high brightness projector
- 2 Specs – ViewSonic 3800 lumens SVGA high brightness projector
- 3 Compare ViewSonic 3800 lumens SVGA high brightness projector
- 4 ViewSonic 3800 lumens SVGA high brightness projector review
- 5 Alternate of ViewSonic 3800 lumens SVGA high brightness projector
Pros & Cons – ViewSonic 3800 lumens SVGA high brightness projector
- The cooling fan for the projector is quiet
- SuperEco mode allows the lamp to shine bright for up to 15,000 hours
- Simple setup and control with plug and play feature
- Advanced visual features make it ideal for use in business environments
- Remote control has low range
Specs – ViewSonic 3800 lumens SVGA high brightness projector
- Native SVGA 800 x 600 resolution
- Color processing 10-bit
- Aspect ratio 4:3 (SVGA)
- Displays up to 120 inches
- High brightness: 3600 lumens
- Lamp type: 190 watt
- Lamp life: 4,500 hours / 15,000 hours (economy mode)
- Digital zoom
- Digital keystone: Vertical only
- Integrated 2.0 watt mono speaker
- Projection distance 4ft to 43ft
- High contrast 22000:1
- 3D mode: Full HD 3D
- Projector dimensions: 4.33″ (H) x 11.57″ (W) x 8.58″ (D)
- Weight: 4.9 lbs
Compare ViewSonic 3800 lumens SVGA high brightness projector
|Resolution||SVGA (800×600)||WXGA (1280×800)|
|Brightness||3,800 Lumens||3,800 Lumens|
|Dynamic Contrast Ratio||22,000:1||22,000:1|
|Throw Ratio||1.96 ~ 2.15||1.55~1.70|
|Throw Distance||3.9 – 43 ft / 1.19 – 13.11 m||3.28 – 36.02 ft / .99 – 10.98 m|
|Display Size||30 – 300 in. / 0.76 – 7.62 m||30 – 300 in. / 0.76 – 7.62 m|
|Lens||Vertical (+/- 40°) / 1.1x optical zoom||Vertical (+/- 40°) / 1.1x optical zoom|
|Light Source Life||Up to 15,000 hours (Dynamic Eco Mode)||Up to 15,000 hours (Dynamic Eco Mode)|
|Connectivity||Mini USB Type B, 3.5mm Audio Out, 3.5mm Audio In, Control (RS232), HDMI 1.4, VGA In (x2), VGA Out, Composite RCA Video In||Mini USB Type B, Audio Output, 3.5mm Audio In, Control (RS232), HDMI 1.4, VGA In (x2), VGA Out, Composite RCA Video In|
ViewSonic 3800 lumens SVGA high brightness projector review
Unit is light and easy to carry despite the generous footprint. It measures 4.33″ (H) x 11.57″ (W) x 8.58″ (D) and weights 4.8 pounds. I used it to project a PPT in a conference room lit with indoor lighting (fluorescent maybe) and brightness was very good, as was the focus.
You have 1 HDMI port, 1 VGA port, 1 AUX port, and 1 for a micro USB. You can also play PS4, PS5, PS3 games on it if you want, as well as regular blu rays, DVDs, and blu ray 3Ds.
- HDMI 1.4
- RS232: DB-9pin
- Audio in: Mini Jack
- Audio out: Mini Jack
- Composite: RCA
- VGA Out: Dsub-15pin
- VGA In: Dsub-15pin x 2
This has a longer throw so the image is smaller for my room, but at least it’s clear and bright in a lit room. You need about 11 feet to get an 80-inch image. The projector has great color and resolution that’s a 100 inches in width on the screen and it’s pretty difficult to pixel peep where you’d actually be sitting.
It has 3600 lumens and its twice as bright. The picture is absolutely amazing.
The picture quality, though not native 1080p, is very very good. The colors are fantastic, the image is sharp, and it’s super bright. It produces crystal clear images, sharp text and bright colors.
3D vs 2D
If you want to watch blu ray 3D movies, you’ll need compatible DLP shutter glasses after connecting an HDMI cable from your blu ray 3D Player (PS3 with update for blu ray 3D). On the projector, there is not a mode to switch off the 3D effect to go into 2D, so that will depend on each disc. If it’s a 3D only disc, it’s only going to project with a double image that will require the DLP 3D glasses. The cinema Real D 3D glasses don’t work at all, I tried it.
An important aspect of any projector is lamp life. On standard mode, the ViewSonicPS503S has an impressive 3,500 hours of lamp life, which can be increased up to 15,000 hours of lamp life in eco mode. This is a great, eco-friendly, and cost-effective option.
If you connect with an HDMI cable, it pipes the sound through the speakers in the projector. The volume was extremely low, even when cranked all the way up on both the computer and projector, and it was very tinny. There is a 3.5 mm audio Jack OUTPUT that you can plug into the Viewsonic Projector that will allow you to connect any Computer based speakers that use a headphone jack to project the audible sound.
Alternate of ViewSonic 3800 lumens SVGA high brightness projector
Nebula Capsule II Smart Mini Projector, by Anker
Nebula Capsule II is a mood setter for home theater lovers. It easily changes the seriousness of any space, ushering in fun and adventure. It’s best suitable for homes, as you can use it to watch favorite movies, educational videos, or take online classes in the comfort of your space. At 1.6 pounds, this device is one of the best portables in the market, without compromising quality. Anker Store embraces DLP technology to give this device impressive 720p 200 ADI-lumen pictures. So, you can use it at night on the rooftop or in poorly lit spaces. This projector allows you to personalize it with over 5000 Apps, so you got a wide range of entertainment options.
- Has a full-sized HDMI
- Produces bright images
- Very small, and light for easy portability
- Loud enough for personal/small group entertainment
- Lacks quick access option
- Doesn’t have a 3D function
- Poyank mini projector review – how to add Bluetooth speaker?
- Nebula Cosmos vs Cosmos Max difference – where to get best price?
- Optoma GT1080HDR short throw gaming projector review
- AKASO mini projector pocket-sized DLP portable projector review – how to setup?
- TOPTRO WiFi projector 5500 lumens Bluetooth review