What is the best cleaning solution for Braava? How to clean Braava jet reusable pads? According to iRobot – water, Bona floor cleaner, and Clorox Ready Mop are approved for use with the Braava. Anything soapy, waxy, or harsh (like bleach or ammonia) are not recommended. I use Bona, and it works very well. I use “naturally it’s clean” for floors. It’s an enzyme cleaner that you dilute with water. It can be used on hardwood too. A neutral cleaner is recommended by the flooring manufacturer. Water would work or Bona for your floor type. I prefer the enzyme cleaner as I have dogs that occasionally have accidents.
How to clean Braava jet reusable pads?
Washable Cleaning Pads
After using washable cleaning pads to clean, hand washing and air-drying is recommended for regular maintenance. The cleaning pad can be washed up to 50 times* before replacing. If using a washing machine, wash on warm cycle and air dry.
How to clean Braava jet® filter?
Use the following filter care procedure to keep Braava jet® running at peak performance.
- Remove the filter from the tank.
- Turn the filter upside down, and run it under warm tap water from the sink. Do not use any cleaning solution.
- To reinstall the filter, align it with the tank opening and push straight down until it clicks into place.
How to clean Braava jet other parts with reusable pads?
If you notice an odor in the tank, fill the tank with hot tap water. Do not use boiling water. Close the cap and lightly shake the robot. Rinse the tank and repeat. Allow the tank to dry with the cap open before using your robot.
Cliff Sensors and Pad Detection Sensor
Clean the sensors on the bottom of your robot with a damp cloth.
Pull off any visible debris or hair that gathers around the wheels.
Body of the Robot
Use a damp cloth to lightly wipe off any dirt on its body or bumper.
Precision Jet Spray Nozzle
Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
KEEPOW 5 Packs Washable Mopping Pads
Compatible with iRobot Braava jet 240 241, 2 x Wet/Damp Mop Pads, 1 x Dry Mop Pads. The Wet Mopping Pads are designed to effectively clean hardwood, tile, and stone floors. Designed with an adhesive board, you can wash our pads in your washing machine without any problems, just removing the adhesive board before placing it in your washing machine.
2x Wet Mopping Pads
2x Damp Sweeping Pads
1x Dry Sweeping Pad
iRobot Braava jet Washable Wet Mopping Pads – 2ct
The Washable Wet Mopping Pads tackle dirt and stains and are washable and reusable. Designed to clean well-sealed floors such as hardwood, tile and stone. Braava jet® Washable Wet Mopping Pads work with your iRobot® Braava jet® Mopping Robot to deliver fresh, clean floors every day. Its Dimensions (Overall) is 26 Inches (H) x 6.9 Inches (W) x 2.6 Inches (D) and Capacity (Volume) is 4.67 cubic-in. They offer washable and reusableTriple-pass cleaning in an efficient and systematic pattern.
What is the best cleaning solution for Braava?
Braava jet®, and Braava jet® m Series Robot Mops are designed for use with water or water and the iRobot Braava jet® Hard Floor Cleaning Solution. Other cleaning solutions, even natural ones, can clog the spray nozzle, break down the materials inside the robot, and cause mobility and navigation challenges. Use of non-approved cleaning solutions will void your warranty.
Braava jet® 240: 2 Capfulls of Cleaning Solution with water.
Braava jet® m Series: 6 Capfulls of Cleaning Solution with water.
Non-iRobot Approved Cleaning Solutions:
- Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner: This solution is pre-mixed. Just fill the reservoir pad.
- Clorox Ready Mop: This solution is pre-mixed. Just fill the reservoir pad.
The following solutions are not recommended for use with Braava 300 series or Mint (even if diluted).
- Mr. Clean
- Dr. Bronner’s Products
- Essential oils such as peppermint oil
- Pine Sol
- Anything soapy, such as Murphy’s Oil Soap
- Polishes or waxes
Distilled water as the best cleaning solution for Braava
If you have the Braava already and are tired of buying the cleaning solution or maybe it’s temporarily out of stock, well, plain water (distilled if you have mineralized water) works just as well for getting clean floors.
It’s worth mentioning that while you’ll be saving money by using water in your machine, you simply are going to miss out on the shiny look and nice scent that the cleaning solution of the Braava leaves behind, so you want to keep that in mind.
Braava jet™ Hard Floor Cleaner – best overall best cleaning solution for Braava
Compatible with all Braava® Robot Mops
- Cleans Effectively
- Easy To Use
- Cleans Under Furniture
- Hassle Free Operation
- Long Run Time
- Difficult To Clean
- Single use plastic pollution
- Very hard to get. Backordered most of the time.
- Leaves streaks that make the floor look dirty
- A gritty film appears a couple of days after use
At around $10, the bottle of the Braava Jet M6 cleaning solution only holds 16 Oz (or 473 ml) of liquid. By following the 6 caps-full recommendation, and with 2 to 4 weekly uses, that’s approximately one bottle every month or ~$100 on a floor cleaner in one year.
Today’s update features safer options like water (which usually do an incredibly good job than it receives credit), as well as the cheaper, more obscure ones like the cleaning solutions of the Shark wd2001 vacmop and the Bissell SpinWave (which of course are proprietary, similar to the Braava Jet).
It turns out you’re in the right place if you have some ground to cover and are looking for something that lasts longer. Or maybe you don’t have enough cash to spare or don’t want to spend as much on a floor cleaner.
Without further ado, here are three of the best Braava Jet m6 cleaning solution alternatives.
Cleaning solution by THE SHARK WD2001 VACMOP
So the Shark wd2001 vacmop ships with a pack of the starter solution. That turns out to be 12 Oz and gives similar results as the Braava: neat, fresh-looking, and nice smelling floors.
With smart features and within the five hundred dollar price mark on Amazon, the Shark wd2001 vacmop is a great choice particularly if you’re back in the market, possibly after returning the Braava Jet for some of its known issues.
The trial bottle once used up currently isn’t available as a standalone item, but there’s this one also from Shark that comes in a bigger bottle (2 liters) that serves the same purpose.
Alternate – hard floor cleaning solution by BISSELL SpinWave
And the cleaning liquid of the Bissell SpinWave floor robot concludes this list of the best iRobot Braava Jet m6 cleaning solution alternatives.
Now, considering that a pack of the Bissell hard floor cleaner holds the most content of any item mentioned in this list–42 Oz vs. Shark’s 12 Oz and Braava’s 16 Oz plus it’s selling at half the price–it’s really a no brainer if price and/or cost saving is important to you.
And given the complex technologies in the Braava and Shark that usually affect their reliability–the Bissell is a simple machine that just works.
How to clean Braava jet reusable pads and other parts?
Select a Braava jet Cleaning Pad
- Choose a cleaning pad that matches how you want to clean your floor.
- Your robot comes with a sample pack of Wet Mopping, Damp Sweeping, and Dry Sweeping Braava jet cleaning pads.
- Braava jet will automatically recognize the pad and adjust its cleaning behavior based on the pad you choose.
Slide in a Cleaning Pad
- Slide a Braava jet pad into the track on the bottom of the robot until it clicks into place.
- You can attach a Braava jet pad from either side of the robot.
Fill the Robot with Water
- Fill the robot with water if you choose Wet Mop or Damp Sweep.
- Lift the robot handle to find the tank cap and lift and swivel it open.
- To help allow the tank to fill completely, tilt the robot so that the front left corner is pointed downward and the tank opening is highest. Fill slowly with warm water.
- Turn the cap back and close. Lower the robot handle before starting the robot.
- Do not use any other cleaning solution with your robot other than water.
Just Press CLEAN
- Place your robot in the lower left corner of the area you want to clean, about a foot away from any walls.
- Press CLEAN once to wake up the robot. Press CLEAN again to start the cleaning cycle.
- The robot will clean rooms up to 200 ft2 (20 m2) while mopping, and rooms up to 250 ft2 (25 m2 ) while damp or dry sweeping.*
- Braava jet will finish by cleaning the edges and perimeters of your room, furniture, and fixtures.
Eject the Cleaning Pad and Prepare Braava jet™ for Next Use
• To eject the cleaning pad without touching the dirt, lift the handle and pull back on the Pad Eject Button.
• Remove the battery and put it in the charger so it can charge for the next cleaning.
• Empty the water tank before storing the robot.
• Braava jet can be stored wheelsdown or on its side with the battery side down.