Is Ceptics 10-Ft 50-Amp Auto EV Extension Cord compatible with Tesla cars? It is weather-resistant & high quality, it’s excellent for contractors & homeowners to use in disaster recovery, restoration, renovation projects requiring temporary portable power. Also, great to use on boats or at home with portable generators.
Specs – Ceptics 10-Ft 50-Amp Auto EV Extension Cord
- Input Type: nema-14-50
- Output Type NEMA-14-50
- Length: 10/25/50 FEET
- Awg: 6 AWG X 3C + 8 AWG X 1C
- Voltage/Current: 50A
- Power: 12500W @ 250V | 6250W @ 125V
Key feature – Ceptics 10-Ft 50-Amp Auto EV Extension Cord
- Ceptics Advantage: Reliable and heavy-duty extension cord with industry leading lifetime limited warranty
- Input: NEMA L14-50P 50-amp| Output: L14-50R 50-amp | 125/250V
- 4-Prong heavy duty 50-amp male to female extension cord for RV, EVs, Tesla and more
- Length: 10 / 25 / 50 Feet | Maximum Wattage Capacity: 12500W @ 250V or 6250V @ 125V
- Outdoor rated & Heavy duty – 6 AWG x 3C & 8 AWG x 1C STW – Flexible and weather-resistant for all purpose use
- Great for use on camp sites, RV parks, electric car charge stations and many other outdoor/indoor uses
- UL-Listed: All Ceptics generator power cords, extension cables and adapters are designed and tested with safety in mind
Compare Ceptics 10-Ft 50-Amp Auto EV Extension Cord
|Output||Bare Live Wire||Bare Live Wire|
|# of output||1||1|
|Available Sizes (ft)||10, 25, 50||1.5, 25|
|AWG||10 AWG x 3C||8 AWG x 1C|
|Max Wattage||12500W @ 250V or 6250W @ 125V||7500W at 250V or 3750W @ 125V|
Ceptics 10-Ft 50-Amp Auto EV Extension Cord review
|Dimensions||12 x 12 x 4 inches|
|Item model number||10-Ft 50-amp Auto|
Ceptics NEMA L14-50P to NEMA L14-50R 50-amp extension cord is constructed with 6-8 gauge wire and it is the perfect solution for indoor or outdoor use. The thing blew me away, its THICK and heavy! While charging at 10 kw, the cable is not warm at all.
Ceptics 4-prong heavy duty 50-Amp male to female extension cord for evs such as Tesla Model 3, S, X, Y and RV outdoor campers. 125/250 volts to charge your electric vehicle, auto, RV, motorhome, or outdoor camper. Connects male to female NEMA 14-50P to 14-50R molded connector with fast charging capability
- Input: NEMA L14-50P 50-Amp
- Output: L14-50R 50-Amp,
The easy-grip features make it easier to plug and unplug the cord. It has a solid connection and i get about 27mph in charge as compared to direct plug i usually get 30. so you will lose some power over the stretch and connection.
Good for extension
Tesla’s charging cable is about 7 feet short of reaching the electrical outlet without having to back the car into the garage. This extension cord makes the task of charging much more convenient without having to juggle the cars around to reach the electrical outlet.
It certainly seems waterproof as the insulation covers the whole cord. In my installation the cord is static and doesn’t move so I can’t comment on how it would fare with constant movement. It it’s very heavy duty.
- Mustart Level 2 portable EV charger (240 volt 25ft cable 40 amp) review
- Juicebox 32 Next Generation smart electric vehicle (EV) charging station review
- Compare JuiceBox 32 vs 40 – can you charge fast?
- What is the best Home EV charging station cost in 2021?
- Lectron J1772 to Tesla charging adapter review – how to use it?