How to connect Bluetooth audio with Epson VS260 3-Chip 3LCD XGA projector? With True 3-chip 3LCD technology and 3,300 lumens deliver crisp text and images; perfect for displaying presentations, video and more. You will get crisp, rich detail for graphs, images and videos due to its dynamic contrast ratio up to 15,000:1. Find here everything in Epson VS260 3-Chip 3LCD XGA projector review.
In The Box
- VS260 projector
- power cable
- projector remote control
- Quick Start Guide
Pros & Cons
- SuperEco mode allows the lamp to shine bright for up to 15,000 hours
- Advanced visual features make it ideal for use in business environments
- Simple setup and control with plug and play feature
- Remote control has low range
Specs – Epson VS260 3-Chip 3LCD XGA projector
- Dynamic Contrast: 15,000:1
- Dynamic Iris: Yes
- Display Type: 1 cm 3LCD Chips
- Color Processing: 10-bit
- White Brightness: 3,300 ANSI Lumens
- Color Brightness: 3,300 Lumens CLO
- Resolution: 1024×768
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 (XGA)
- Included Lens: Fixed focal length , manual focus
- Optional Lenses: No
- Lens Shift: No
- Throw Distance: 1.0 m – 11.2 m Calculate Throw Distance
- Image Size: 76 cm – 889 cm
- Video Modes: 720p, 1080i, 1080p/60, 1080p/24, 1080p/30, 1080p/50, 576i, 576p, 480p, 480i
- Data Modes: MAX 1920×1080
- Lamp Type: 210W UHE bulb
- Lamp Life: 6,000 hours / 12,000 hours (Eco)
- Lamp Model: ELPLP97 / V13H010L97 Buy Replacement Lamp
- Weight: 2.4 kg
- Audible Noise: 37 dB / 28 dB (Eco)
- Internal Speakers: 2.0 Watts Mono
- Power: 345 Watts 100V – 240V
- Connection Panel: HDMI
- Throw Ratio: 1.58:1 (D:W)
- Projector Placement: For a 254 cm diagonal screen, place the projector lens 3.2 m from the screen.
- Digital Zoom: Yes
- Digital Keystone: Horizontal & Vertical
- Projector Size: 8 cm x 30 cm x 24 cm (HxWxD)
- USB: VGA In: Dsub-15pin
- Features: Geometric Correction
If your budget is around $300, do not hesitate and go for the Epson-VS250 and get a real projector. The fan is silent, the brand is very known so you will find your replacement for bulbs very easy after a reasonable 5000 hours of use.
If your budget is around $200 and you are planning on getting your first projector go ahead with 720p Vankyo low budget projectors at around $100-$180. Units are smaller and at least you can manage to put them in the right position with a tripod. Colours are very standard but acceptable if you use it in a very dark room.
Perfect for creating dynamic, engaging presentations, the VS260 allows for easy Zoom video conferencing, accepts 4K content and conveniently connects to streaming devices, such as Fire TV, Apple TV®, Roku, and Chromecast™, through the HDMI port® to support a variety of rich content, including movies, TV shows and more2.
Compare Epson VS260 3-Chip 3LCD XGA projector vs EX7280
|Color and White Brightness||3300 lumens||3600 Lumens||4000 Lumens|
|Dynamic Contrast Ratio||Up to 15000:1||Up to 15000:1||Up to 16000:1|
|Auto Keystone||No||No||Yes (Vert) + Horizontal slider|
|Dimension (incl. feet)||11.9” x 9.3” x 3.2”||11.8” x 9.3” x 3.2”||11.9″ x 9.3“ x 3.6″|
Epson VS260 3-Chip 3LCD XGA projector review
The styling is excellent and it feels like a solid machine. The controls and features are easy to understand, it has good color fidelity and it has a nice slide door to manually screen out the projector light. It’s lightweight, quick, and easy to setup.
It has 3,300 lumens of color and white brightness that is ideal for displaying large-group presentations, spreadsheets and videos, even in well-lit rooms. The brightness is great even for day watching although you’ll have to increase the brightness in the settings for that and the sound is good for a budget projector.
The picture was clear and crisp even though there was strong sunlight coming in the windows of the meeting hall. The LED lamp makes it much more efficient as LED lasts much longer and doesn’t get as burning hot, WITHOUT sacrificing the image quality! Its True 3-chip 3lcd technology displays 100% of the rgb color signal for every frame, providing outstanding color accuracy while maintaining excellent color brightness, without any distracting “rainbowing” or “color brightness” issues seen with other projection technologies
The color is pretty good too. I keep it on eco mode and I have no issue with the color or brightness. I have an 11 ft projector distance and the image is roughly 90 inches using a 16:9 ratio. One annoying thing about this projector is that it always projects at 4:3 ratio, but it projects pure black bars when viewing in 16:9. They really aren’t that noticeable, but I would prefer if it didn’t operate this way.
It has no audio jack on it so you will have to buy an hdmi audio converter if you want to use external speakers(which I highly recommend). The projector speaker is not loud enough for a crowd- maybe a quiet living room. I got a Bluetooth speaker to use with my laptop and even that isn’t really loud enough to properly hear dialog in movies during an outdoor viewing. I would recommend getting serious plug-in speakers if you are trying to play movies outside.
How to install Epson VS260 3-Chip 3LCD XGA projector?
Depending on how you positioned the projector, you may need to change the projection mode so your images project correctly.
- Front lets you project from a table in front of the screen.
- Front/Ceiling flips the image over top-to-bottom to project upside-down from a ceiling or wall mount.
- Rear flips the image horizontally to project from behind a translucent screen.
- Rear/Ceiling flips the image over top-to-bottom and horizontally to project from a ceiling or wall mount and behind a translucent screen
Make sure you select the correct Projection option in the projector’s Extended menu according to the installation method being used.
You can place the projector on almost any flat surface to project an image. You can also install the projector in a ceiling mount if you want to use it in a fixed location. An optional ceiling mount is required when suspending the projector from a ceiling.
Note the following points when selecting a projector location:
• Place the projector on a sturdy, level surface or install it using a compatible mount.
• Leave plenty of space around and under the projector for ventilation, and do not place it on top or for next to anything that could block the vents.
• Place the projector so it squarely faces the screen, not at an angle.
Epson VS260 3-Chip 3LCD XGA projector customer review
Great Little Projector
The Epson Projector VS260 3LCD Projector in White has been useful in my self-employed, education-based, small business time, as well as for my relaxing personal down time family entertainment.
The image quality is remarkably crisp and clear for an affordable projector at this price. It’s perfect to use for educational or business presentations (which is what I use it for).
It features manual focus lens. For best results, use this projector in medium sized rooms up To 12′ X 14′.
It does come equipped a built-in speaker, which is convenient, but I do suggest the use of added speakers or a sound bar for better audio. Note that this unit does NOT come with Bluetooth.
The projector fan is not overly loud. You can hear it running in complete silence, but when watching a video, or listening to a speaker talk, it is not bothersome.
I’m very pleased that it has an HDMI port which makes it easy to have online conference calls projected, as well, as stream media from Roku, FireTV, etc. It allows for a wide range of devices to connect to it such as gaming devices, digital cameras, tablets, and laptops, for example.
The “E-zoom and image shift” features allows for convenient adjustment of the picture with easy zoom-in and zoom-out modes accessible from the included remote control (batteries included).
Besides the projector and remote, a power cord, and easy to follow quick start guide is included in the box.
Unfortunately, it does not contain a carrying case to protect it. Buying a separate carrying case for this portable projector would be a wise choice.
Speaking to it’s lightweight portability, I like to also use it for entertainment outdoors in the evening, on our covered patio, where we have installed a roll-up screen. It measures 11.9″ x 9.3″ x 3.2″, and this projector has several projection modes and one is for mounting on the wall or ceiling upside down using a separately purchased mounting system of your choice.By Pamiam at Best Buy
- XGIMI Halo True 800 ANSI portable mini projector review
- XGIMI Halo vs MoGo Pro difference – can you watch Netflix?
- YEHUA mini projector review – can you watch Netflix?
- MVV 1080p WiFi projector review – how to setup Bluetooth projector for iPhone?
- VIVIMAGE Explore 2 mini WiFi projector review – how to setup and connect to WiFi?