What is good in Ideal Air 70 pint dehumidifier? The 70 pint is built for large areas – Quickly and Effectively removes excess moisture from basements, large rooms, indoor gardening spaces, garages, shops, and RV’s. It has Normal and Turbo speed modes, Auto Restart function, LED display touch control panel, easy filter access that is removable for cleaning, operation timer, check filter feature, removable water tank, automatic shutoff when reservoir is full. Get details in Ideal Air 70 pint dehumidifier review.
Specifications – Ideal Air 70 pint dehumidifier
- Auto restart function
- Compact and streamline design
- LED Display
- Low temperature defrosting
- Removable filter
- Removable water tank
- Can be plumbed for permanent drainage
- Up to 30 pints per day1 year warranty
- Supply voltage: 115 Volt – 60 Hz
- Unit Weight: 32 lbs.
- Power: 4.0 Amps/420 Watts
- Refrigerant: R134A
- Dimensions: 10″D x 14.5″W x 20.5″H
Compare Ideal Air 70 pint dehumidifier vs Vremi 50 Pint dehumidifier
|Ideal-Air Dehumidifier | 80 Pint||Vremi 50 Pint 4,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier||Kesnos 4500 Sq. Ft Dehumidifiers|
|Are batteries required?||No||No||No|
|Is Assembly Required?||No||No||—|
|Item Dimensions||16.90 x 24.10 x 12.20 inches||16.60 x 11.00 x 24.30 inches||11.81 x 11.81 x 22.83 inches|
|Item Weight||41.00 lbs||41.60 lbs||31.00 lbs|
|Number of Items||1||1||1|
|Size||80 Pint||4,500 Sq. Ft||4500 Sq Ft|
Ideal Air 70 pint dehumidifier review
Displayed on a large screen, you can quickly read the temperature and humidity readings, so you know how to adjust accordingly. You can set your humidity levels from 40% to 80% in 10% increments, and if you have it set to 40% humidity, it will run continuously.
Metal case build
This is great so that you don’t have to constantly change out the filter. Just remove the filter easily and let it run over some water or vacuum and insert it right back in. It is important to keep it clean, though, so regularly check it and clean when necessary.
This is a great option for this equipment because in case there is a power outage, it easily restarts and continues to work as normal.
So that you can easily mount the dehumidifier on your wall instead of the floor if you prefer.
If you start to see some frost on your coils than wait about 15 minutes, it will go into a defrost mode that is designed to operate down to 45˚F.
Here is a list of the specs of the Ideal Air 180 Pint Dehumidifier, so you know exactly how powerful, large and perfect this machine is for you.
- Temperature Range: 41˚F – 100˚F
- Power: 12 Amps/1350 Watts
- H20 Removal: In a 24hr period it removes up to 180 pints at 86˚F
- Supply Voltage: 110V-1 Phase – 60Hz
- Dimensions: 20”D x 19”W x 36.25”H
- Weight: 122 lbs.
It is very easy to use as there is a bucket that is tucked away neatly in the dehumidifier that you can easily access that fills up with the excess water. You can easily remove it and empty the water, or if you want, you can hook it up to a hose for a continuous drainage, leaving you with one less chore. However, if you don’t have any place to drain it to, there is a condensate pump that you can purchase that comes with a 16inch tube that smoothly and efficiently pumps out the water for you.
When you set it up, you want to wait at least 3 hours before you use it. Another great thing is that it comes with a one year warranty! Though we highly doubt you’ll need to use it, in case the machine stops working, you can be relaxed to know that you don’t have to purchase a brand new one.
How to clean Ideal Air 70 pint dehumidifier?
- Clean the grille and case
• Use water and a mild detergent. Do not use bleach or abrasives.
• Do not splash water directly onto the main unit. Doing so may cause electrical shock, rust or deterioration of the insulation.
• The air intake and outlet grilles get soiled easily. Use a vacuum attachment or brush to clean.
- Clean the water tank
Every few weeks, clean the water tank to prevent the growth of mold, mildew and bacteria. Partially fill the tank with clean water and add a little mild detergent. Swish it around in the tank, empty and rinse.
NOTE: Do not use a dishwasher to clean the tank.
After cleaning, tank must be correctly placed and securely seated for the dehumidifier to operate.
- Clean the air filter
• Remove and clean air filter every two weeks based on normal operating conditions.
• Remove the filter from the top of the unit, or the bottom after removing tank.
• Wash the filter with clean water, then dry.
Re-install the filter and replace tank.
CAUTION: DO NOT operate the dehumidifier without a filter because dirt and lint will clog
it and reduce performance. Turn the dehumidifier off and remove the plug from the wall outlet before cleaning.
How to drain Ideal Air 70 pint dehumidifier?
Water can be automatically emptied into a floor drain by attaching a standard 5/16” ID water
hose with female threaded end (not included).
Install Drain Hose Assembly
- Push Nipple securely into Hose Adapter
- Remove water tank. Remove Drain Hose Outlet Cap from Drain Hose Outlet on back of unit.
- Insert Drain Hose Assembly all the way into Drain Hose Outlet on back of unit
- Secure Drain Hose Assembly inside the unit by using the 2 screws provided.
Attach Drain Hose:
- Install the female threaded end of water hose onto Hose Adapter on back of unit (Fig. 5).
- Route hose to a secure drainage location, making sure there are no kinks and the hose
is draining flat or downhill from the unit.
- Start humidifier.
NOTE: When continuous drain feature is not being used, remove water hose from Adapter
- TaoTronics dehumidifier with pump 50 pint for 4500 sq. ft reviews
- VOCOlinc Smart WiFi HEPA Air Purifier review
- Tosot 50 pint dehumidifier with internal pump reviews
- Molekule Air large room air purifier with PECO technology review – does it kill bacteria?
- Waykar commercial dehumidifier 130 pint reviews – is it good for home basement?