How to unlock Level lock if keypad is not working? The Level Lock can be unlocked in a variety of ways. You can ask Siri, use a key, set up a key card, ask the Level app, and utilise the Home app in addition to Home Keys. You can use a Home hub to remotely unlock your door for visitors, or you can give them a pass that allows them to use their own smartphone to unlock it whenever necessary. Find helpful tricks on Level lock troubleshooting.
Pros & Cons
- Silent motor
- Modern design
- Access with a key card
- Supports Ring Sidewalk and Apple HomeKit
- Simple one-touch locking and opening
- Bridge is necessary for remote access.
- Does not function with Google Assistant, Alexa, or IFTTT
Level lock Specs
- Finishes: Matte Black, Satin Nickel |Size: 2.4 x 2.4 x 1.1 inches (front), 2.4 x 2.4 x 1.2 inches (rear)
- Type: Single-cylinder deadbolt
- Connectivity: Bluetooth
- Smart home integrations: Amazon Alexa (via Amazon Sidewalk device), Apple HomeKit
- Entry options: Physical key, touch, NFC keycards, app, keypad (optional)
- Power: Lithium CR2
- Timed Access Sharing
- Optional Keypad
Level lock Price
Though it looks as good as ever and allows one-touch access with a finger or key card, the new Level Lock Touch Edition ($329) still requires a HomeKit hub or a Ring Sidewalk-compatible camera for remote access. Our Editors’ Choice winner for smart locks, the more reasonably priced Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro Wi-Fi ($249), is a better option if you don’t already have one of these devices or if you’d just like additional alternatives for third-party platforms.
What is good in Level lock+?
The Level Lock+ is available in matte black and satin nickel, but its colour possibilities are restricted.The item includes an outer keyway casing that is waterproof and meets IPX4 standards, an interior thumb turn, a gear case that is motorised, a deadbolt latch, a strike plate, two keys, two key cards, a long cap for the battery compartment, a CR2 battery, and extra screws. There are four stylish finishes available for the lock: Matte Black, Polished Brass, Satin Chrome, or Satin Nickel.
It has a thumb turn to manually lock and open the door, and it is 2.5 inches wide by 1.3 inches deep. The lock fits doors with a standard 2-1/8-inch diameter holes that range in thickness from 1-3/4 to 2 inches.
The Level Touch lacks a Wi-Fi radio but does offer Bluetooth. However, if you link it to an Apple HomeKit hub (compatible hub devices include the Apple TV, HomePod, and iPad), you can still operate it remotely. Alternatively, you may use a compatible Ring Video Doorbell to link it as a bridge to the Ring Sidewalk network, allowing you to operate it remotely from the Ring app. Please be aware that the lock cannot be used in conjunction with Ring Sidewalk and HomeKit.
Level lock troubleshooting tips
How to unlock Level lock the from phone?
The previously mentioned Touch to Unlock function only functions when you come home from an away mode and needs location services enabled on your phone.Additionally, the lock has Auto-Lock and Auto-Unlock functions. You can set the door to lock with Auto-Lock after it has been open for any duration of time, ranging from 30 seconds to an hour. When you get home, the Auto-Unlock feature automatically unlocks the door using location services (geofencing). It should be noted that you cannot enable Touch to Unlock and Auto-Unlock simultaneously.
To adjust the Auto-Lock, Auto-Unlock, and Touch settings, tap the gear icon located in the lower right corner of the screen. This is where you can change the lock’s beep and chime volume, calibrate it, add an optional keypad for $79, and activate Boost Range, which reduces battery life by around one month but offers a stronger Bluetooth signal for more reliable operation.
How to unlock Level lock without password?
Conveniently, you can use Home Keys to unlock the door without using a passcode or Face ID by turning on “Express Mode” in the Wallet app. Even when the phone is locked, all you have to do to unlock it is tap the top of the lock with your iPhone. No additional identification is required. Thanks to NFC, it can also keep unlocking the door for a few hours after the iPhone’s battery runs out.
Does Level lock support Apple HomeKit+?
All Level Home products are crucially compatible with HomeKit, which means you can use your iPhone, Apple Watch, automations, or the iOS Home app to unlock your door. A HomeKit hub is necessary for Home Kit compatibility, so you’ll need an Apple TV or a HomePod that is linked to your home network. When you are outside of Bluetooth range, you may use the Level Home app to unlock your door using Wi-Fi or cellular service after setting up HomeKit.
When compared to a lock like the Schlage Encode Plus, the Level Lock+ is likewise less secure. The Encode Plus includes a solid deadbolt rather than a hollow one and a more durable cylinder with security pins. I don’t believe this is a big concern because, as I’ve already indicated, I see locks more as a deterrent, but considering the price range, Level need to have included a more durable cylinder.
How to use Level lock app?
You must have the Level app on your iPhone or Android phone in order to set up access for Level Lock+. You may configure the included keycards or Apple home keys, as well as set up the digital keys, using the software. With only a few taps on the app, you may quickly withdraw access, regardless of how you grant it. Alternatively, you can designate access to work just once or only during particular hours.
The door can also be unlocked with the provided keycards. To unlock the lock, simply hold the NFC cards up to the front of it after they have been programmed in the app. For younger children who do not have access to a phone, that could be helpful.
Level lock troubleshooting tip if Level lock not in range to unlock?
To access your lock remotely:
- Check if your lock is within Bluetooth proximity of your home hub and link it to the Apple Home app.
- To lock or unlock the lock tile in the Apple Home app, simply tap on it.
Locked or unlocked will be the new lock status. Depending on how you have notifications configured in the Apple Home app, you might also receive a text message.
How to reset Level Keypad without code?
In case you are facing difficulties pairing your lock with the Level Home app, you can also reset your lock as a troubleshooting step. The guest and other data linked to that lock are removed from your Level account by the Level Home app when you reset your Level Bolt. Important: Any additional user access you’ve put up will need to be recreated because you cannot undo this reset action.
To reset your lock:
- Keep ready these tools you need:
- Phillips screwdriver
- painter’s tape
- paper clip
- Make sure the lock’s battery is fully charged.
- To prevent the housing from falling to the ground after the screws are removed, tape the housing’s key side to the door.
- Take off the paddle housing’s screws.
- Take out the door’s outer and interior housings.
- There is a little recessed button beneath and to the right of the tailpiece adapter on the connection screw side of the Level Motor.
- Unbend the paper clip, then use one end to push and hold the button firmly for 8 to 10 seconds, or until the reset chime sounds, indicating that the process was successful.
- Both the inside paddle housings and the exterior key cylinder housing should be replaced.
- Follow the instructions to add a lock to the Level Home app.
If Level lock Apps becomes unresponsive troubleshooting
If none of these works, make sure you’re linked to Wi-Fi and see if you can download an update by looking at the amount of storage space on your smartphone. Another option is to exit the app, turn off your phone, and then open it again. Try opening it again after that. Please contact our customer service representatives so they can help you solve the problem if these solutions are ineffective.
Level Lock+ recovery key troubleshooting
You can use your recovery key to get back into your Level account if you lose your password for the Level Home app.
To reset your password from a mobile device:
- Launch the Level Home apps.
- Tap Sign In.
- After providing the contact information you provided when registering for your account, click “Continue.”
- Tap Forgot password.
- Enter the recovery key, complete with dashes, that Level emailed to you when you created your account.
- You should have received an email containing the recovery key if you registered using your email address. It was sent as a text message if you used your phone number.
- If you are having trouble locating your recovery key, try these tips.
- Tap Continue.
- Enter a new password, then tap Continue.
You’ll see the Level Home app home screen.
- Amazon Basics fire resistant security safe with programmable electronic keypad review
- Lockly Vision smart lock with video doorbell reviews – does it have motion detection?
- Smonet door lock troubleshooting – how to lock from outside?
- Smonet fingerprint electronic deadbolt door lock with keypad reviews – how to use app?
- August WiFi Smart Lock installation instructions guide