Which has better CADR – Medify MA-25 vs MA-40 air purifier? Ideal for homes, apartments, bedrooms, living rooms, offices, schools, universities, classrooms, hospitals, restaurants, and other businesses. Cleans spaces up to 1,000 sq ft in one hour, 500 sq ft in 30 minutes. Should you buy it?
Pros & Cons – Medify MA-25 vs MA-40
- Can capture 99.9% of 0.1-micron particles
- Dual air intake by sides and front air outlet design
- Lightweight and compact
- 3 color variants: white, black, and silver
- Has a sleek design with a beveled edge
- Comes with a tempered glass control panel
- Energy Star certified
- Lifetime warranty
- Filter replacement cost is higher
- No optional ionizer
- No AHAM verification
- Modern and futuristic design
- Convenient touchscreen control panel
- Ion generator without producing any unpleasant smell
- Filter replacement indicator
- Night mode to avoid unwanted lights, child lock feature
- Easy to maintain and move between places
- H13 HEPA filter, great filter life
- 3 in 1 combined filter pack
- Honeycomb activated carbon filter to remove the odor
- The particle sensor removed on 2.0
- No washable pre-filter
- No remote or app control
- A bit noisy on medium and top speed
- Replacement filter cost high
Specs – Medify MA-25 vs MA-40
- Filter life: 3 – 4 months (2500 hrs)
- Size: 13.5″H x 8″W x 8″D
- Maximum CADR: 147 cubic feet per minute (cfm)
- Filter Replacement Indicator: Yes
- Filtration: Two sets of 3-in-1 pre-filter, HEPA filter, and activated carbon filter.
- HEPA class: H13 HEPA
- Automatic mode: No
- Room Coverage: 220 square feet with 5 air exchange per hour (ACH)
- Sensors: N/A
- Number of manual fan speed: 3
- Device weight: 7.3 lbs
- Noise level: 35 – 52 dB(A)
- Rated Power: 28 Watt
- Voltage: 120 V AC 60 Hz
- Size: 22″H x 9.9″W x 10.9″D
- Device weight: 15.5 lbs
- Maximum CADR: 330 cubic meter/hour (m3/h) or 194 cubic feet/minute (cfm)
- Sensor: Ambient light sensor (particle sensor removed from version 2.0)
- Room Coverage: 800 sq ft with 2 air changes/hr, 320 sq ft with 5 air changes/hr (ACH)
- Number of manual fan speed: 3
- Automatic mode: No (removed from version 2.0)
- Filtration: Pre-filter, HEPA, and Carbon filter combined in a package and optional ion generator.
- HEPA class: H13 True HEPA
- Filter life: 3000 hrs. (a single set that includes all three filters)
- Rated power: 68 W
- Maximum Noise: 46 – 66 dB(A)
- Voltage: 110 – 120 V AC 60 Hz
The official price tag of thisMedify MA-25 air purifier is $199, and if you follow our deal, the price tag could be much better, as low as only $165.
The Medify MA-40 sits higher than the Medify MA-Smart and Medify MA-25 in price, placing it firmly in mid-range segment with $349. But if you look for the air purifier in Medify Air’s website, you can find it usually down to only $274, which is just $50 higher than the previous model. It’s quite reasonable, because Medify Air decided to put in more power.
Compare Medify MA-25 air purifier with H13 True HEPA filter vs Medify MA-40
|Medify Air Purifier:||#1 Medify MA-40||#2 Medify MA-25|
|Room Size:||420 sq ft (4 ACH)||250 sq ft (4 ACH)|
|Filters:||High-Grade H13 HEPA||High-Grade H13 HEPA|
|Replacement Filter:||B07MTQFFNT (2500 hours)||B084Q965BF (2500 hours)|
What is the difference – Medify MA-25 vs MA-40
It has the rectangular shape for its body. The Medify MA-25 Air Purifier is a lightweight and compact purifier at 7.3 pounds. It has the height of only 13.5 inches and the width of 8 inches.
The Medify MA-40 is made in rectangular design than previous iterations, which means it stands firmly in the height of 22 inches and width of 10 inches.
At the top of the model, where the outlet is commonly featured in most purifiers, you have the control panel. Covered by tempered glass, it allows easy access to the controls. You need to know that the tempered glass is scratch-resistant, unlike plastic.
The glass-top touch screen control panel is very convenient to use and feels premium to touch. The starting sound is charming. It has 3 manual fan speeds. You can manually turn ON or OFF the Anion, which generates ions to capture particles. A downside is it has no remote or app control features.
Suitable Room Size
The ACH of Medify MA-25 is 1X to 4X. If the Medify MA-25 does only one exchange in 1 hour, it can cover a space of 1000 square feet. And for an ACH rating of 4X, the room coverage is just only 250 square feet.
The CADR of Medify MA-25 is 147 cfm in general. Remember that Medify Air used m3/h for air flows unit, which they just said “CADR 250”.
|Condition||Required minimum Air Changes per Hour (ACH)||Suitable Room Size (8 ft ceiling)||The time it takes to clean the air in the room|
|Normal||2||550 sq ft||30 min|
|Allergies and/or asthma||5||220 sq ft||12 min|
|Smoke or highly contamination||8||140 sq ft||8 min|
If you have higher ceilings, use our Air Changes per Hour Calculator to calculate the suitable room size.
With a fairly low-power fan, the Medify MA-25 is only 35 decibels (db) on lowest speed, and I believe this is just the noise level of the library mode. On highest speed, the noise level only reaches 51 decibels, which is a lot better than many air purifiers with the same fan power, like Levoit LV-PUR131 or RENPHO RP-AP001.
In Medify MA-40, you will get a noise level of 66 decibels on the highest fan speed, which is not the quitter. For reference, the average sound level of a vacuum cleaner is 70 decibels.
On the lowest fan speed setting, it’s around 46 decibels, but the performance (CADR) will drop. However, from the noise level perspective, this is not a quieter air purifier.
What are the Similarities – Medify MA-25 vs MA-40?
Available in white, black, and silver, it’s made of ABS plastic. As such, it is impact resistant and can withstand corrosive action from chemicals. This makes the air purifier perfect for the kitchen and office.
Simple 3-Stage Filtration System
All Medify air purifiers have a 3-stage filtration system. The 3-stage filtration system is the industry standard. It includes 3 filters: pre-filter, HEPA filter, and carbon filters.
The how-it-works is simple: pre-filter captures large particles like pet dander, True HEPA filter captures small particles down to 0.3 microns, and carbon filter removes the gaseous odor.
The one between Medify air purifiers and other purifiers is that Medify uses H13 HEPA (captures down to 0.01-micron particles) instead of 0.3 micron True HEPA.
What is the alternate of Medify MA-25 vs MA-40?
Molekule VS Medify
It’s interesting to compare Molekule vs Medify air purifiers. Molekule’s new-age PECO filters are primarily designed to destroy (literally fry) bacteria and certain viruses.
Of course, all HEPA-based air purifiers try to do that as well but many bacteria and viruses are smaller than 0.3 microns (the lower size range of HEPA filters). Medify’s H13 HEPA filters, however, have a 0.1 micron lower size range.
Within 0.1 and 0.3 microns, there are a number of bacteria and viruses Medify air purifiers do capture.
However, capture is not the same as destroy. In the battle between Molekule Air and Medify MA-40, for example, Molekule Air will always wina because it destroys bacteria, not merely captures them.
Medify VS Levoit
Levoit is actually the closest air purifier brand to Medify in terms of the model range, CADR ratings, 3-stage filtration system, and even prices.
Example: Levoit LV-H135 vs Medify MA-40. Both have a 300+ CADR rating, cost about $300, and have a 400-500 sq ft recommended coverage area. Even the filter lifespans are similar.
There is one big difference between Levoit vs Medify, of course:
Levoit uses HEPA filters, while Medify uses H13 HEPA filters.
Essentially, for people with allergies, it makes sense to filter out as many air pollutants as possible. Medify’s H13 HEPA filters certainly do a better job than Levoit HEPA filters.
That means that Levoit still leaves out those smallest below 0.3-micron air pollutants in the air. Those are the ones Medify filters out of indoor air.
- Medify MA-25 air purifier with H13 True HEPA filter reviews – how to replacement filters?
- Winix 5500-2 air purifier with true HEPA review – what is the best price?
- Coway AP-1512HH white HEPA air purifier reviews – how to replace filter?
- GermGuardian True HEPA filter air purifier with UV light sanitizer reviews
- Levoit air purifier for home allergies pets hair in bedroom H13 reviews