I love how simple this doorknob works: enter your code to unlock, automatically locks after 10 seconds. Interior knob constantly unlocks when you want to leave and automatically locks behind you. The switch simply enables constant exterior unlocked mode, in case you need to go in and out often like grabbing groceries, or moving stuff. Excited! Know details here on Schlage FE695 Touch Camelot lock with flair lever review and installation.
Specifications – Schlage FE695 Touch Camelot lock with flair lever
|Exterior Dimensions||5.38 (H) x 3 (W) x 2.709 (D) in.|
|Inside Dimensions||5.40 (H) x 3 (W) x 2.781 (D) in.|
|Door Thickness Minimum||1 3/8 in.|
|Door Thickness Maximum||1 3/4 in.|
|Code Length||4 digits|
|Battery Life||2 Years|
|Environmental||Front body: Weatherproof|
|Outside Operating Temperature Range||-31°F to 151°F (-35°C to -66°C)|
|Inside Operating Temperature Range||14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)|
|Door Prep||Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.|
|Door Stile Width||Minimum 3 1/2 in.|
|Locking Device||Cylindrical Latch|
|Handle Type||Lever Handle Door Locks|
|Access Type||Keypad – Digits|
|ANSI Rating||Grade 2 (Better)|
|BHMA Rating||Grade 2 (Better)|
|Warranty||3 Year Electronics, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish|
Key features – Schlage FE695 Touch Camelot lock with flair lever
- Fingerprint-print resistant touchscreen illuminates in the dark, and works in inclement weather and while wearing gloves for added convenience
- 19 user codes allow you to customize your security needs by granting personalized entry to family, neighbors or housekeepers
- Satin nickel finish electronic lever from the Touch Camelot collection with Schlage Touch™ provides a convenient keyless lifestyle, so you can do more with less hassle of fiddling with keys
- 9-volt battery provides 2 years of power, and an indicator warns you when it’s time for replacements
- Sleek, slender profile allows lock to work between your front and screen doors
- Cylinder-free design is 100% bump and pick-proof to prevent break-ins for an added layer of security
- Easily installs on standard (1-3/8-in to 1-3/4-in thick) doors with a screwdriver
- Dedicated icons for low battery and programming modes make it easy to stay on task
- 3-year electronics and limited lifetime finish and mechanical warranties give you peace of mind
Compare Schlage FE695 Touch Camelot lock vs Schlage Connect
|Keypad locks||Schlage Touch||Schlage Connect||Schlage Sense|
|Mode of Entry||Enter your access code on the keypad||Enter your access code on the touchscreen||Give access remotely or enter your access code on the touchscreen||Use Siri voice control to unlock your door or enter your access code on the lock’s touchscreen|
|Grading||Grade 2 Higher Residential Security Rating||Grade 2 Higher Residential Security Rating||Grade 1 Highest Residential Security Rating||Grade 1 Highest Residential Security Rating|
|Advanced Security||–||Keyless design is 100% bump-proof and pick-proof||Built-in alarm technology senses potential door attacks||Built-in alarm technology senses potential door attacks|
|Home Automation||–||–||Lock or unlock from anywhere by connecting with compatible Z-Wave Home Automation systems||Works with the Schlage Sense app and with Apple HomeKit using Bluetooth Smart technology|
Schlage FE695 Touch Camelot lock with flair lever review
Sleek without sacrificing strength, and it will work even when placed between a door and screen door. Fingerprint-resistant touchscreen protects against fingerprints and smudges and ensures wear patters remain undetectable. No more keys to lose, hide, carry or forget. Plus, since there is no keyhole of any kind, Schlage Touch™ is 100% pick and bump-proof. ANSI Grade 2 which indicates strong performance across a range of residential applications.
Finish: The Schlage FE695-CAM Leverset comes in Brass (605), Antique Brass (609), Satin Nickel (619), Satin Chrome (626), and Aged Bronze (716) finish.
The handles come uninstalled on the posts, so depending on the orientation, left hand or right hand door the handles are mirror images of each other so a inside handle on the left hand door would by a outside handle on a right hand door. Once you know what position you need you slide on that handle. There is a release pin if you install the wrong handle by mistake. The instructions are as the photo shows, the point of the curve points down.
The FE695 Touch™ Keypad Leverset is just the thing if you’re a homeowner with an active lifestyle, or a busy parent with kids who are always coming and going. Schlage Touch™ lets you do more with less hassle and can simplify your life. Go for a run without stashing a house key in your sock. Let the housekeeper in when you’re not a home. With Schlage Touch™, no key means there’s nothing to lose, nothing to fiddle with and, for would-be intruders, no cylinder to pick. Do all this without ever having to worry about being locked out. Schlage Touch™ is not just one less thing to carry; its’s a new kind of freedom, backed by the strength and expertise of Schlage – a leader in security for over 90 years.
Schlage Touch gives you plenty of advance notice with a dedicated, illuminated low battery icon, as well as a slight nuisance delay that will trigger your attention and let you know it’s time to change the battery. Even if the battery should die for some reason, Schlage Touch features connectors that let you “jumpstart” it with a 9V battery which ensures you’ll always be able to access your home.
– Keyless Entry Function: Simply enter the 4-digit code of your choosing to unlock the door. Can be used anywhere a standard keyed entry would be used but with more convenience.
– Completely Keyless Design: A new level of simplicity and convenience, with no more keys to lose, hide, carry or forget. Without a keyhole of any kind this lock is 100% pick and bump proof.
Door Range: 1-3/8″ – 1-3/4″ (35mm – 44mm).
Backset: Dual Backset Latch; adjustable for 2-3/8″ or 2-3/4″ backset.
Lever: The inside lever can be rotated at any time to retract the latch.
How to lock or unlock Schlage FE695 Touch Camelot lock with flair lever?
- Press the Schlage button.*
- Rotate the thumbturn away from the hinges.
*If the Lock & Leave feature is disabled, a valid User Code must be entered to lock the door.
»If lighting is low, press the Schlage button to illuminate the touchscreen numbers before beginning.
- Enter a User Code into the keypad.
- Rotate the thumbturn toward the hinges.
Keyless touchscreen locks are always locked from the outside, by default.
»If lighting is low, press the Schlage button to illuminate the keypad before beginning.
- Enter a User Code into the keypad.
- Rotate the lever to open the door. Door will automatically re-lock.
Set to Unlocked
- Rotate the inside thumbturn to the vertical position.*
- Rotate the thumbturn back to the horizontal position to re-lock.
Indicator Light Signals
The color of the light indicates the status of the lock.
• the lock is in programming mode
• a correct user code was entered
• the programming process is complete
• an incorrect user code was entered
• there was an error in programming
Low Battery Icon
• the battery is low.
• red blinking indicates critically low
Schlage FE695 Installation
This thing was a piece of cake to install, all it really requires is a couple Phillips screwdrivers and a little time. Yes the programming & default codes are printed on a label on the back of one of the pieces, but fear not, there is also the same sticker on the front of the manual, so you don’t have to write anything down beforehand.
- Emerson 1F95-1277 touchscreen 7-day programmable thermostat review
- Lockly – Secure Pro Bluetooth deadbolt review and installation guide
- Yale Assure Lever Wi-Fi smart lever lock review and installation
- ChargePoint Home Flex electric vehicle (EV) charger review
- Moen Flo installation tips – how to Save Money On Home Insurance?