Can you use UPERFECT portable monitor freestanding touchscreen both in portrait and landscape mode? It is a 15.6” FHD 1080P IPS Screen with Adjust Kickstand, 2000:1 Contrast Ratio, 100% sRGB w/Standard HDMI/USB 3.0/Type C, and Built-in Speaker/Ambient Light. The kickstand makes it easy to use the monitor in vertical or horizontal mode and allows for it to be set at a wider range of viewing angles. Know about more features in UPERFECT portable monitor freestanding touchscreen review.Consumer Reviews is supported by its audience. This website contains Paid Links. As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchase. Find more
Table of Contents
- 1 In the box
- 2 Pros & Cons
- 3 Specs – UPERFECT portable monitor freestanding touchscreen
- 4 Compare UPERFECT portable monitor freestanding touchscreen
- 5 UPERFECT portable monitor freestanding touchscreen review
- 6 Alternate of UPERFECT Portable Monitor Freestanding
In the box
- 1 x UPERFECT 15.6″ Portable Monitor
- 1 x USB-C to USB-A Cable (For touch or power supply)
- 1 x Power Adapter
- 1 x Standard HDMI to HDMI Cable (For data transmission only)
- 2 x USB-C to USB-C Cable (Full-functioned)
- 1 x User Manual
Pros & Cons
- Beautiful Screen
- Comes with the rounded endges
- Support both landscape and portrait mode
- Touch screen is sensitive
- Has USB type C and all the adapters included
- love full size HDMI (most other models are not full)
- Excellent screen
- Compatibility with variety of devices
- 10.8 Ah battery with up to 11.7W use
- Not VESA
- Flashy LED colors at the back kind of pointless
- 5-point capacitive touch won’t be as responsive as 10-point, but it works
- No built-in battery
- No Bluetooth for external speaker connection
- OSD (On-Screen Display for information/monitor configuration) stays on for way too short (should be 2+ seconds longer)
- Cannot be used as a standalone movie display
- If it had USB-A and/or microSD, it would have been nice to be able to watch a movie off of them
- Touch becomes touchpad in Win10 Extended Display mode
- On-Screen Display timeout too short
Specs – UPERFECT portable monitor freestanding touchscreen
- Plug and Play
- Worked right away when connected to a Samsung Galaxy S21+ and Dell XPS 13 P73F laptop. No drivers needed to be installed
- IPS HDR 1920 x 1080 FHD: Excellent brightness, sharpness, and 160 degree viewing angle
- Perfectly visible from practically any angle and distance. Viewable in sunlight
- Built-in kickstand for vertical/horizontal orientation
- Allows up to 110 degree angle adjustment similar to the Microsoft Surface devices
- Excellent contrast ratio, but bear in mind that this has nothing to do with how bright of a display is
- DeX can be turned on/off for use as a Desktop or to mirror phone’s screen
- With a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, you could literally make your phone turn the UPerfect into a computer
- With the Samsung phone (USB-C to USB 3.1), Samsung’s DeX Desktop turned the UPerfect into a Windows-like interface
- Started up in a few seconds, ready to display whatever was on the phone or laptop
- Built-in speakers
- Does not require USB-C Thunderbolt 3
- Video worked with 2015’s Surface 3 (non-Pro version) via Mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI
- 5-point Multi-Touch (with USB-C to USB-C, USB-C to USB 3)
- Pinch and Zoom capability just like on a tablet/phone
- Touch behaved differently in Windows 10 when used as Extended or Duplicate Display (See CONS section
- Flashy LED colors at the back (which I don’t care for)
Compare UPERFECT portable monitor freestanding touchscreen
|UPERFECT Portable Monitor Freestanding||FIODIO 15.6 Inch Portable Monitor (15N1F-US)|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080|
|Screen Size||15.6 inches||15.8 inches|
|Item Dimensions||14.8 x 8.85 x 0.59 inches||15.9 x 13.1 x 1.97 inches|
|Mounting Type||Desk Mount||—|
|Refresh Rate||60 hertz||60 hertz|
UPERFECT portable monitor freestanding touchscreen review
UPERFECT portable monitor freestanding touchscreen is a 15.6” monitor with HDR and integrated sturdy adjustable swivel kickstand. Measuring at 14.8 x 8.85 x 0.59 inches, it weighs 4.74 pounds.
The stand is built into the back of the monitor and swivels allowing you to use the monitor in either direction, which is quite useful (and more sturdy of a stand compared to using a flip case). The stand is durable and tight, so you know it won’t collapse on you. Its angle can be adjusted and it even has a leg that slides in and out for when you are using it in portrait mode.
It comes with everything you need for connectivity. Four different cables to make sure you always have data and power no matter the configuration. Of course, or favorite method will always be USB-C to USB-C if your system/dock supports video over USB-C. Fewer cables, less footprint, fewer things to drag around.
The 3840×2160 resolution is coupled with a 60Hz refresh rate, and 3-5ms response time, which means this UPERFECT monitor is no slouch in the specifications department. It has both USB C and mini-HDMI connections, and appropriate cables in the box.
The picture is nice and bright. The picture is crisp and looks great both for work and for videos. The touch screen works very well.
Having both HDMI and USB-C ports also makes it possible for me to use this monitor with lots of different devices (with the right cables/adapters). It works with my Google Pixel, iPhone 11, Nintendo Switch, and MacBook Air mid-2013 (the touchscreen does not work with my MacAir though since I have to use a mini DP to HDMI adapter).
The touch screen can be used alone or in tandem with a keyboard and mouse for manipulating 3-dimensional objects in programs like google earth or 3-D drafting and design. It gives my desktop PC the functionality of a tablet in several applications where that is more convenient.
Alternate of UPERFECT Portable Monitor Freestanding
Asus Zenscreen Touch MB16AMT
- Touchscreen works well
- Comes with a stylus
- Both USB-C and HDMI/USB-A options
- Internal battery
- Heavier than non-touch models
- Colors somewhat dull
There’s the same 1920×1080 resolution on a 15.6″ display, the same internal battery so you don’t need to draw power from your laptop, and the same muted color palette that’s common to pretty much every portable monitor except the Thinkvision M14.
If you’re used to having a touchscreen on your laptop display, there’s no reason you can’t have one on your second monitor as well. As the name suggests, the Asus Zenscreen Touch is the touch-enabled version of the Go model mentioned above, with almost exactly the same specifications.
The main difference, of course, is the screen. Multitouch-enabled, you’ll get full touch support on Windows and some Android devices, limited support on macOS (since it’s not built into the operating system,) and none on iOS. It’s relatively bright for a portable monitor, which is a nice change.
As with the non-touch model, you get an Asus e-ink pencil in the box, but here you can use it for more than holding the screen upright. Whether you’re using your finger or the stylus, the display is reliable and quick to respond to your input.
The Touch works over either USB C or the combination of micro-HDMI and USB-A, and all of the cables and adapters you need come in the box. There’s a pair of speakers built-in, which work fine but are probably no better than the ones you have on your laptop already.
Controlling the various settings is done via a single button on the bottom of the monitor that’s actually a five-way joystick. It’s one of the better approaches to menu navigation we’ve seen, but there’s also a Windows app that lets you configure many of the same settings.
Weighing only slightly more than it’s non-touch siblings, if you’re looking for the best portable touchscreen monitor of 2021, you’ve found it in the Asus Zenscreen Touch.
- Samsung Smart Monitor M5 vs M7 difference – Can you play game?
- Jarvis vs Uplift standing desk difference – are they good & worth buying?
- Flexispot vs Uplift standing desk comparison 2021
- Kindle E-reader vs tablet – what is the difference between e reader and tablet?
- Doogee S96 Pro vs Ulefone Armor 10 differences