No louder than a whisper on the lowest speed (31 decibel.) and equivalent to the noise level of rainfall on the highest setting (56 decibel.). It includes machine washable fabric pre-filters in diva blue and dark shadow. Leave the mesh filter housing exposed for a Scandinavian look. Its Activated carbon filter reduces gases, VOCs, and annoying odors from pets, smoking, cooking, wildfires and more. Get details in Blueair Blue Pure 211+ air purifier 3 stages with two washable pre-filters review.Consumer Reviews is supported by its audience. This website contains Paid Links. As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchase. Find more
Table of Contents
- 1 Pros & Cons
- 2 Specs – Blueair Blue Pure 211+ air purifier 3 stages with two washable pre-filters
- 3 Blueair Blue Pure 211+ price
- 4 Blueair Blue Pure 211+ air purifier 3 stages with two washable pre-filters review
- 5 How to replace the Blueair filter
- 6 Blueair Blue Pure 211+ air purifier 3 stages with two washable pre-filters customer review
Pros & Cons
- Fantastic performance
- Well built for the price
- Slightly quiet
- Low-cost filter replacement
- Still no air sensor
- No timer
Specs – Blueair Blue Pure 211+ air purifier 3 stages with two washable pre-filters
- Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Specifications:
- Dimensions(HxWxD): 20 x 13 x 13 in
- Product weight: 12.5lbs
- Filtration Technology Fabric pre-filter and 2-in-1 particle plus carbon filter boosted with electrostatic charging (HEPASilent™)
- HEPA Class Non-HEPA
- Filter Life 6 months for continuous usage (4380 hours)
- Clean air delivery rate (CADR) – Pollen: 350 cfm
- Clean air delivery rate (CADR) – Dust: 350 cfm
- Clean air delivery rate (CADR) – Smoke: 350 cfm
- Sensors ❌
- Fan Speeds 3
- Automatic Mode ❌
- Air outlet: Top
- Air inlet: 360°
- Recommended room size: 540 ft2
- Noise Level 31 – 56 dB(A)
- Rated Power 61 Watt
- Energy consumption: 30 – 61 W
- Sound level: 31 – 56 dB(A)
- Maximum CADR 350 cubic feet per minute (cfm)
- Room Coverage (8 ft ceilings) 525 sq ft with 5 air changes per hour (calculate ACH for your room)
- Air changes per hour (ACH): 4.8
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ price
At $299, Blueair’s Blue Pure 211+ sits solidly in the middle tier for home air purifiers: It’s more expensive than a Germ Guardian ($100 – $200) but cheaper than a Dyson ($400 – $700). For the air filtration it provides, we think that’s a fair price.
The filter cost from this air purifier is a huge jump from the smaller Blue Pure 411, with a total cost of $59. With same performance, the filter cost of Coway AP-1512HH (or AIRMEGA 200M) is only $45, and will last longer than the durability of 6 months like Blue Pure 211.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ air purifier 3 stages with two washable pre-filters review
Size-wise, it’s relatively portable for an air purifier that handles large rooms. It isn’t as big as you might expect, measuring 13 x 13 x 20 inches, and weighing in at just 13 pounds – so it’s not too much of an effort to move it from room to room as you need it.
The air purifier is mainly composed of a motor, a fan and filters. The air purifier removes
contaminants from the air in a room to improve indoor air quality
Available settings: Auto, Night, Everyday, Boost and Off.
The autostart feature automatically restarts the air purifier at the last set speed if it has been unplugged, used with a power switch timer, or if a power failure occurs. In auto mode the air purifier automatically controls the airflow based on air quality information from the sensor. The indicator lights on the touch button indicate the selected fan speed. The lights automatically dim down completely 5 seconds after pressing the touch button, indicating a deactivated fan speed control mode. Press the touch button once to reactivate on/off and fan speed control. The indicator lights light up and you can adjust the fan speed mode again.
Filter – Blueair Blue Pure 211+ air purifier 3 stages with two washable pre-filters
The Blueair Blue Pure 211+ uses a three-stage filter system that’s particularly well-suited for pollution and allergen capture. A pre-filter captures larger particles, such as pet hair and dust – protecting the other filters from these larger particles. When the filter starts to become clogged, you can either wash it or vacuum it for a quick clean.
- Pre-filter– The fabric pre-filter of Blue Pure 211 is outside the air purifier and can catch the large particles. This pre-filter is washable or vacuumable.
- Particle filter– Instead of using a True HEPA filter, Blue Pure 211 uses a polypropylene fibers filter to help capture 99% of all allergens like dust, dust mites, pet dander, pollen and fungi (HEPA technology).
- Activated Carbon Filter– The Activated Carbon filter is added inside the Particle filter and effective against smoke, odors, gases and VOCs.
While most top-rated air purifiers, such as the Rabbit Air MinusA2 and the Honeywell HPA300, come with a True HEPA filter due to its exceptional cleaning ability, the Blue Pure 211+ instead is fitted with Blueair’s own particle filter. This uses HEPASilent technology to combine mechanical and electrostatic filtration, making it able to capture particles as small as 0.1 microns in diameter.
The Blue Pure 211 is still powerful with an unique Particle Filter with HEPASilent technology, to combine both mechanical and electrostatic filtration at one. This technology enables the Blue Pure 211 to match the performance rating from any HEPA air purifiers.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ setup
This is a simple machine, and the setup was incredibly easy. Just unbox it, throw on the outer covering, plug it in, and it’s ready to go. Make sure to leave at least four inches of clear space on all sides of the air purifier so it can function correctly.
One thing worth noting is how straightforward and user-friendly theBlue Pure 211+is. There’s no Bluetooth connectivity, no app you have to install — just one big button. Push it once for low speed, again for medium, a third time for high, and a fourth time to turn it off. It’s the most intuitive air purifier we’ve found.
CADR & ACH
TheACHof Blue Pure 211 is a massive 5X rating. As a well-known brand for making high quality German-engineered fan, it’s not surprise that all of Blueair’s products will have high air changes per hour rating, which results in the Blue Pure 211 clean your room every 12 minutes.
TheCADRof Blue Pure 211 is 350 Dust/ 350 Smoke/ 350 Pollen (cfm). This CADR rating is really powerful, as it can surpass even the high fan power likeHoneywell HPA300. This describes clearly how fast this Blue Pure 211 can clean your room. However, the fan power is still below the trio ofDyson Pure Cool Link,Dyson Pure Hot+CoolandDyson Pure Cool Tower, because the Dyson air purifiers are designed to be the cooling fan as well.
How to replace the Blueair filter
Changing the filters in the Blue Pure 211+ was a breeze. For the pre-filter, just slide it off and toss it in the washer when it gets dusty or dirty (we did this in a laundry bag to protect it from tears). We let it air dry overnight and used the second pre-filter (a great little bonus gift) in the meantime. Without a doubt, the pre-filter is the part of the machine that gathers the most dust, so we loved that it’s so easy to wash.
As for the filter itself, that was also easy to replace. Once you remove the top half of the purifier, the filter just slides out. Replace it with anew one($70) every six months or so and you’re ready to go.
We will have a common noise level from 31 to 56 decibels (db) within this 3-fan speed air purifier. 31 decibels is only half the noise level of the library, for your information. Even at the highest setting, the noise level of 56 decibels is still acceptable, as it is measured as the normal conservation at home, which is easily to be ignored. TheLevoit LV-H133is a lot quieter than Blue Pure 211, but with a weaker fan performance, too. That’s why with so little noise, I am happy with my Blue Pure 211, especially when this could be the air purifier with the best fan power for the price.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ air purifier 3 stages with two washable pre-filters customer review
Gets the job done, bought 2
This is my 3rd and final go at an air purifier. Started with the larger Honeywell, very disappointed at filter layout for the price. Second was a dyson tower fan, over priced cheap plastic that rattled. Now the Blueair, it does the sqft I needed it to do, filter is huge, noice level is perfect, makes a lower hum instead of pitchy plastic. Changing the filter sock colors is a nice bonus. After 3 days of non stop running on low, I can already see the dust and hair being collected around the bottom. When the A/C is running I’ve noticed I don’t smell that musty damp air.
Wasn’t a huge fan of the solid white top, but being the craft handy person I am, I covered it in manga/anime contact paper (posted a picture) it was really easy and anyone with a few tools can do it. Plus it’s easily removable if necessary.
The charcoal smell— I ever so slightly could smell it the first day, but I have a solution, buy a car vent air freshener. Stick it in one off the holes on top, problem solved. After a couple days I removed the air freshener and couldn’t smell anything.By kdramaqueen at Best Buy
- Blueair Blue Pure 411 auto small room air purifier review – where to buy replacement filter?
- Medify MA-25 vs MA-40 air purifier difference – which has higher CADR?
- Medify MA-25 air purifier with H13 True HEPA filter reviews – how to replacement filters?
- Winix 5500-2 air purifier with true HEPA review – what is the best price?
- Coway AP-1512HH white HEPA air purifier reviews – how to replace filter?