If you’re looking for a simple, easy-to-use camera, then EufyCam 2 Pro is definitely worth checking out. It’s got a wide field of view, good sound quality, and a nice design. However, there are some downsides too. First off, the app isn’t as intuitive as EufyCam 1. You need to go through several steps to set up your camera, and it takes longer than EufyCam 1 to start recording. Also, the app doesn’t support external microphones. How to do eufyCam 2 Pro installation?
eufyCam 2 Pro installation – Establishing connection
Get the eufySecurity app
Download the eufySecurity app from Google Play or the App Store for iOS devices (Android devices). Or utilise a mobile device to access eufylife.com.
Create an account with eufySecurity
After downloading the App, create or Log in to your account. Learn more about Sign Up for A eufySecurity Account.
Add HomeBase 2 to the App
1. Select HomeBase 2 after tapping Add Device.
2. Turn on the HomeBase 2 by following the instructions in “Add HomeBase,” then use the included Ethernet wire to connect it to your router at home.
3. By selecting Next, you can join your smartphone to the same wireless network as HomeBase.
4. After selecting Next, wait one minute for HomeBase’s led to change from red to blue.
5. At the bottom of HomeBase 2, there is a QR code. Tap Next to access it. Your HomeBase 2’s bottom has the code you need to scan. The serial number for the HomeBase can also be manually entered.
6. The setup will move on to the following phase after scanning the proper code.
7. Click the SYNC/ALARM OFF button at the bottom of HomeBase 2 for two seconds when the device is making a sound. You should then hear a brief beep.
8. Successfully binding HomeBase 2 and naming HomeBase 2.
If you failed to add HomeBase 2 to the eufySecurity App, please refer to Failed to Add HomeBase 2 in eufySecurity App.
Add eufyCam 2/2C/2 Pro/2C Pro to the Homebase 2
1. After selecting the appropriate eufyCam models, tap Add Device. Verify the model number on the camera’s silkscreen. For instance, under the device setting, please choose “eufyCam /2 / 2Pro” if you have a eufyCam 2.
2. To connect the eufyCam 2/2C/2 Pro/2C Pro to the HomeBase 2 you successfully added in the previous step, select Homebase 2 as the base station.
3. Press the camera’s SYNC button for two seconds until you hear a brief beep.
4. The HomeBase will make a sound when you tap Next, allowing you to find the eufyCam 2/2C/2 Pro/2C Pro.
5. The Homebase 2 will successfully integrate the EufyCam 2/2C/2 Pro/2C Pro.
6. Name the camera.
You’re prepared! Please consult the associated user manual in the Download area for hardware installation.
eufyCam 2 Pro installation – mounting & setup
Find a Good Mounting Spot
To find a spot to mount eufyCam 2 Pro, you need to test wireless signal strength.
- Go to Camera Settings > Mounting Guide in the eufy Security app after launching it.
- Bring your phone and camera to the spot where you wish to install the camera to test the wireless signal.
- If using wireless, move the camera as close as you can to the HomeBase 2.
Select Height and Location
Suspend eufyCam 2 Pro 7–10 feet (2–3 m) in the air. The motion sensor of the eufyCam 2 Pro has a detection range that is maximised at this height. Keep eufyCam 2 Pro out of the direct sun.
Mount the camera
- The camera can be mounted both indoors and outdoors.
- To loosen and disassemble the mounting bracket, turn the knob in a clockwise direction.
- For walls constructed of hard materials, such as concrete, brick, or stucco, drill holes using a 15/64 inch (5.95mm) drill bit before inserting the anchors.
- Screw the mounting bracket’s base firmly into the wall. The bracket’s ball knob should be secured to the base of the bracket.
- Adjust the viewing angle by tightening the eufyCam 2 Pro to the mounting bracket and looking at the live stream feed in the Eufy Security app.
Mount the Camera Indoors
- Stick the camera directly to any flat surface made out of iron. Or you can use the indoor mount to mount the camera:
- Make a hole. If the wall is drywall, affix the hook using the provided anchor.
- On the hook, hang the indoor mount.
- Set the viewing angle on the eufyCam 2 Pro after attaching it to the indoor mount.
What is good in eufyCam 2 Pro?
A 365-day battery life is possible with just one charge, eliminating the need for numerous trips to the charger.
2K Resolution: When it comes to security, the key is in the detail. In 2K clarity, clearly see everything that is happening in and around your home.
Zero Hidden Fees: EufyCam 2 Pro is a one-time investment that combines ease and security. It is made to safeguard both your house and your cash.
Advanced Night Vision: The F2.0 aperture lens and high photosensitivity sensor enable more light to be caught and an expansion of the overall surface area monitored. Your nighttime recordings will have higher visual quality as a result.
Eufy Security HomeBase 2 is necessary for the eufyCam 2 Pro add-on camera to function. Note that the camera won’t function by itself.
Ready for Any Weather: The eufyCam 2 Pro is made to endure the elements and has an IP67 waterproof rating.
- Eufy security Eufycam 2C Pro 2-cam kit wireless home security system with 2K resolution review
- Eufy 365-day camera review – does it have anti-theft alarm?
- Which Eufy camera is best in 2022?
- How to add Amcrest WiFi camera to NVR – review & best price
- Ring Alarm 8-piece kit (2nd gen) with Ring video doorbell and Echo Show 5 review