What does UV-C light do? Powerful UV-C light kills up to 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. Reduce household allergens, odors, smoke, dander, and more. It is perfect for large family rooms, laundry rooms, bedrooms, and more up to 266 sq. ft. Circulate fresh, clean air every hour in spaces up to 1343 sq. ft. Know about more benefits in HoMedics TotalClean PetPlus 5-in-1 tower air purifier reviews.Consumer Reviews is supported by its audience. This website contains Paid Links. As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchase. Find more
Table of Contents
- 1 In the box
- 2 Pros & Cons
- 3 Specs – HoMedics TotalClean PetPlus 5-in-1 tower air purifier
- 4 Key feature – HoMedics TotalClean PetPlus 5-in-1 tower air purifier
- 5 HoMedics TotalClean PetPlus 5-in-1 tower air purifier reviews
- 6 Should you buy it?
In the box
- (1) HoMedics TotalClean PetPlus 5-in-1 Air Purifier,
- (1) True HEPA Filter with Built-in Prefilter and Carbon Odor Filter,
- (3) Essential Oil Tray Pads
Pros & Cons
- 360 degree room coverage
- 3 different speed settings
- Check filter indicator for making replacements when required
- No 24 Hour Timer
Specs – HoMedics TotalClean PetPlus 5-in-1 tower air purifier
- Series Name TotalClean PetPlus 5-IN-1 UV-C Large Room Tower Air Purifier White
- Number of Speeds 3
- Suggested Room Size Medium (101 to 300 sq ft)
- Sleep Mode
- Programmable Timer
- Smoke CADR 172
- Dust CADR 168
- Pollen CADR 177
- Assembled Height (Inches) 22.2
- CADR (ANSI AC-1) 172
- Control Type LED
- Removes Dust
- Removes Bacteria
- Removes Mold
- Removes Odors
- Removes Particulates
- Removes Viruses
- Removes Pet Dander
- Assembled Width (Inches) 9.7
- Removes Pollen
- Batteries Included
- Battery Type N/A
- Number of Batteries Required 0
- Filter Monitor Electronic filter monitor
- Remote Control Included
- Carry Handle
- Weight (lbs.) 12.4
- Lowest Fan Speed (Decibels) 36
- AHAM Certified
- ENERGY STAR Certified
- Color/Finish Family White
- Works with Apple HomeKit
- Highest Fan Speed (Decibels) 57
- Works with SmartThings
- App Compatibility
- Bluetooth Compatibility
- Wi-Fi Compatibility
- Voice Controlled
- Hub Required
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- Filter Type HEPA
- Permanent Filter
Key feature – HoMedics TotalClean PetPlus 5-in-1 tower air purifier
- True HEPA 360 degree filtration removes up to 99.97% of airborne allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- This 5-in-1 tower air purifier with UV-C technology
- Includes 1 filter, and a convenient replace filter indicator
- Sleep soundly with the on/off night light
- The optional on/off ionizer releases negative ions to enhance the purification process
- Special filter removes odors associated with the litter box, dog and cat feces, wet dog smell, smoke, and other household odors
- 3 Fan speeds allow you to adjust the output
- Changes the air in a 1343-sq ft room every hour
HoMedics TotalClean PetPlus 5-in-1 tower air purifier reviews
HoMedics TotalClean PetPlus 5-in-1 tower air purifier is tower-shaped. Measuring at 23.6 x 11.5 x 11.5 inches, it weighs around 11.79 pounds. I noticed there is a button for pets and it’s so quite and rotated. They filters are long lasting
Perfect for large family rooms, laundry rooms, bedrooms, and more up to 266 sq. ft. Changes the air every 12 minutes in a 266 sq. ft. room†
The unit also relies on a 5 step filtration process to clean your air. This involves the air going through a pre filter to trap the largest particles, a 360-degree True HEPA filter to capture airborne allergens & pet dander, a 360-degree carbon filter that eliminates odors and gases, UV C light technology to kill viruses bacteria, and an ionizer that helps boost the overall air cleaning power.
This destroys airborne bacteria and viruses by breaking apart their DNA structure; creating sterilized air that’s healthier to breathe..
This air purifiers can deliver a fresh aroma into the air as it cleans it (aroma pads are included). It gives you the feeling of smooth sleep and generate sound below 85dB.
HoMedics TotalClean PetPlus 5-in-1 tower air purifier Customer reviews
Game Changer!!!Would Recommend
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
This really works!! I have two dogs and one cat in a fairly small home, they create so much dust and dander, it’s unreal. I’m constantly dusting and sweeping and vacuuming trying to contain the massive amount of dust. I’m so happy I find this 5-1 air purifier because it has helped immensely with my issues. I’ve only been running it during the day and my home had never smelt better! No more smelly dog odors, and no more dusting everyday! It comes with three felt pads for essential oils that you can add oil too and deposit in the oil tray to release fresh scents as your air is cleaned. That’s really useful if you have kids AND animals! It has a few useful modes for combatting pesky air pollution in your home. First it has a uv-c light to kill up to 99.9% of airborne viruses and bacteria, second it has an ionizer that helps attract dust and create cleaner air. It also has 3 fan speeds. I use medium speed the most because high is a little noisy. This air purifier is a game changer for sure, I noticed a huge difference in the first week!By caLady at LOWES
Should you buy it?
TotalClean 5-in-1 Differences
HoMedics actually offers seven different air purifiers along four product lines and we’ll review all of them on this page:
- HoMedics TotalClean 5-in-1 Series
- Large (AP-T40)
- Medium (AP-T30)
- Small (AP-T20)
- HoMedics Pet Plus Series
- Pet Plus (AT-PET02)
- HoMedics True HEPA Series
- Medium (AP-25)
- Small (AP-15)
- HoMedics Desktop Series
- TotalClean (AP-DT10)
The differences between each model in this series are slight but well worth knowing:
- Room Size Coverage —Each model is designed for a specific size room.Large Model: 245 square feet (around a 24′ x 10′ room)
- Medium Model: 185 square feet (around an 18 ‘ x 10’ room)
- Small Model: 155 square feet (around a 15 ‘ x 10’ room)
- True HEPA Filter vs HEPA-Type Filter
- The Large and Medium 5-in-1 models include a True HEPA filter which captures up to 99.97% of pollutants down to 0.3 microns in size (the best type available).
- The Small version uses a HEPA-Type filter which can only capture 99% of particles down to 2 microns (that’s 566% less efficiency).
- Fan Speeds
- The Large model has 4 fan speeds.
- The Medium and Small models have 3 fan speeds.
- This variation is fan speeds really isn’t that big of a deal for daily operation.
- Particle Sensor and Auto Mode
- The Large model has a particle sensor that detects the air quality levels in the room and automatically adjusts the fan speed to get rid of pollutants at a faster rate.
- The Medium and Small models don’t have these features and must be adjusted manually.
- Price —This varies by retailer, but you can expect about a $30-50 difference between the Large and Medium models and a $50-70 difference between the Medium and Small models. (Amazon often has the best price on these air purifiers.)
- NuWave OxyPure large area smart air purifier reviews – what is the best price?
- Medify MA-14 air purifier with H13 True HEPA filter reviews – how to buy replacement filter?
- Blueair Blue Pure 211+ air purifier 3 stages with two washable pre-filters review
- Blueair Blue Pure 411 auto small room air purifier review – where to buy replacement filter?
- Medify MA-25 vs MA-40 air purifier difference – which has higher CADR?